Phiaton has some things up it's sleeve
Jul 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
I can't really say much, but they have more than just this coming soon :p  They have at least (that I'm aware of) one more headphone coming out (is it a headphone?).  None of them are wireless (so PS210BTNC is out of the picture)  :)  I do have access to more pictures, but I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone.  If you search hard enough, you can find them though :)

Here's one that they posted publicly on their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150930908372817&set=a.10150931073382817.413454.62925307816&type=1&theater

Like I said, they do have at least one other coming out. 

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 50
Swinsonny
Powerbeats are a single dynamic driver

Powerbeats are a dual-dynamic driver design. Same 2nd generation 15mm/7mm dual dynamic driver introduced by the DDM2. 

"Built-in subwoofer and midrange tweeter"

This shouldn't be surprising as the PS200 is an OEM as well, likely the others as well. The headphones are a different story though. 

s

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 50
Quote:
Powerbeats are a dual-dynamic driver design. This shouldn't be surprising as the PS200 is an OEM as well, likely the others as well. The headphones are a different story though. 

"Built-in subwoofer and midrange tweeter"

s

Really?! its not my day today is it :p haha

Oh wow so thats why i have bee told by a couple of members that the powerbeats were not to bad. In that case it is very likely and i apologise for my ignorance. However for what they manage with the driver i do not know as radius done the best with this OEM and the PS200 was never regarded as that good a TWFK compared to other cheaper versions.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 50
Quote:
Wow, you guys totally just beat me to posting info on this in our sponsor forum!

I need to step my game up!

:wink:

Hahah, we are enthusiasts for a reason :wink:

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #9 of 50
Quote:
Wow, you guys totally just beat me to posting info on this in our sponsor forum!

I need to step my game up!

:wink:

LOL...  I was wondering why there was no word on any of this :p  I got a press release a little while ago about it too :p  Either way, both of them look really nice and promising.  Can't wait :)

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

LOL...  I was wondering why there was no word on any of this :p  I got a press release a little while ago about it too :p  Either way, both of them look really nice and promising.  Can't wait :)

Thanks! Ya, we worked really hard on these two the past year or so and we're really proud of them.

If you guys have any questions about them feel free to let me know! :)

Cheers,

~Akio

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 50
Quote:
Thanks! Ya, we worked really hard on these two the past year or so and we're really proud of them.

If you guys have any questions about them feel free to let me know! :)

Cheers,

~Akio

They both do look gorgeous!

One question is, was Tinymans speculation of them using true same dual drive OEM as the mentioned earphones? Or are they not, interested either way but them headphones are so stunning!!!

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

One question is, was Tinymans speculation of them using true same dual drive OEM as the mentioned earphones? Or are they not, interested either way but them headphones are so stunning!!!

Actually, I never made a speculation about the dual driver :p  I learned this one today :p  I didn't see that in the original press release so now I'm intrigued even more to try them :)

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Hi Swimsonny!

Actually no. They will be using 14.3mm dynamic drivers similarly found in our other half in-ear earphones.
There are also some really cool features that help us tune these earphones called "Dual-Chamber" and "Multi-Tune AD".
Both of which have to do with controlling the airflow in a precise manner.

Side note...

Not a whole lot of people know but we actually make our own drivers in house! :)

Cheers!

~Akio

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #14 of 50
Quote:
Hi Swimsonny!

Actually no. They will be using 14.3mm dynamic drivers similarly found in our other half in-ear earphones.
There are also some really cool features that help us tune these earphones called "Dual-Chamber" and "Multi-Tune AD".
Both of which have to do with controlling the airflow in a precise manner.

Side note...

Not a whole lot of people know but we actually make our own drivers in house! :)

Cheers!

~Akio

Thanks for the info...  Could have used it a little while ago while I read over the PR release 5 times to see where it said dual driver :p  I knew I wasn't blind :)

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #15 of 50
That's good to hear. Good thing dual-chamber doesn't mean dual-driver.

PS200 doesn't use an in-house driver though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back