Phiaton has some things up it's sleeve
Oct 5, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:
Nice Pic...
Are those Comply Foam Whoomps glued on there?
LOLz, Just Kidding, Jim

They come with a set of Comply foam tips (take a look at the post above agin :wink:).  Those would be the tiniest comply tips if they were XD  

I haven't even gotten them through 24 hours burn in yet, they are at around 20 hours right now.  The signature is unique at that...  The midrange is what really throws me off...  They are lush (vocally), but not warm.  Clear, but not (always) sweet (sweet in the vocal sense).  It's some odd stuff in the midrange that I've never heard before.  It's not bad entirely, but something I didn't suspect XD

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #32 of 50
I'm sure that they will turn out to be a fine headset.

I was only kidding.

Let the review continue!!!

Cheers, Jim

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #33 of 50
I've always had fitment issues with iems, but I'm intrigued by these "half" in ear shapes... 

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #38 of 50
I won the MS-500s and plan to do a review of them once I receive (they're supposed to ship at the end of this month).  Let me know if you're interested and I will post the link here once I write the review.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #39 of 50
Quote:
I won the MS-500s and plan to do a review of them once I receive (they're supposed to ship at the end of this month).  Let me know if you're interested and I will post the link here once I write the review.

Oh, nice.  Can't wait.  I've got a pair coming in soon too :wink:

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #40 of 50
Phiaton used to be the last bastion of semi-open IEMs; now with Philips in the game, Phiaton's PS210 and MS200 are no longer top dog... I'm a little sad. The PS210 is still the airiest sounding of them all, but sounds a bit brittle, sharp, and lacking in body. I miss my cheapo Superlux HD381F; for me, they were unbeatable at $20. If only they made a version with better build quality...

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #41 of 50
Surprisingly linear the Bridge are...  A warmth to the sound, similar to the RE400, maybe a little stronger, but they are quite linear overall.  Enjoyable sound to listen to.  Hope they don't change too much with burn in.  They do have a weakness or two from the first few minutes of listening, mainly dealing with presence of the sub-bass at times, but otherwise, these are a great on-ear model. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #42 of 50
Man I hope mine ship soon!  I want to compare the sound signature to my Denon D600s that I bought recently.

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #43 of 50
Quote:
Man I hope mine ship soon!  I want to compare the sound signature to my Denon D600s that I bought recently.

I've got no clue when yours will ship.  I haven't heard the Denon, so I can't really make comparisons for you.  I do hope you enjoy them though :wink:

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

I've got no clue when yours will ship.  I haven't heard the Denon, so I can't really make comparisons for you.  I do hope you enjoy them though :wink:

I meant that I plan to make the comparison :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back