PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Mar 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #1,291 of 9,120
Oh my gooooood.

And a trailer.

Comes out on my birthday, August 20.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #1,292 of 9,120
Oh snap, more good PC gaming news: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-15-crytek-authorised-timesplitters-rewind-in-development-for-pc

Timesplitters Rewind, made by ex-Free Radical devs, is being made on Cry Engine 3.

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #1,293 of 9,120
Tried to play skyrim again. It's not crashing at the main menu anymore, but it's laggy and slow with schiit tons of microstutter(average fps says 45, but it's utterly unplayable due to lag). Guess I'll install Heart of the Swarm and play that instead.

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,294 of 9,120
Mar 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #1,297 of 9,120
Quote:
Never played time splitters

Missing out, man. Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect are two of my favorite shooters ever. Not so much for the campaign (which are still fun), but the awesome arcade-y multiplayer. A huge draw of the games was the level maker, which was a huge deal for console games.

There were a lot of similarities between these games, and Golden Eye 007 and Perfect Dark because a few key members left Rare to form Free Radical.

It is a bit ironic that the Timesplitters games were quintessential console shooters, but now this one is coming exclusively to PC.
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,298 of 9,120
Just installed crysis and I'm trying to play some custom maps.  This one:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hunters-life

I move it to the levels folder and it loads up just fine but there are no trees. Anyone know a solution? Others have had this problem too.

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,299 of 9,120
New here! So, current build!

CPU: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz
MOBO: Intel DZ77GA70k
Cooler: Corsair H60
Video Card: Gigabyte HD 7950 OC'd
RAM: Kingston XMP Blu Red (2x8 GB) DDR3-1600
Case: NZXT Phantom (Black & Green)
Storage: 3 TB HDD and 120GB OCZ SSD
Power: OCZ ModXStreme 700W 80 PLUS

Pics! 

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #1,304 of 9,120
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/nvidia_calls_ps4_%E2%80%9Clow_end%E2%80%9D123

Nvidia Calling out PS4 as low end.

Official interview more or less has Nvidia pulling the PC master race card with the rep saying that

Tamasi goes on to remind potential new console owners that these closed platforms aren’t upgradable

and talking about performance as compared to current GPU's and CPU's.

Now on to what I think.

Nvidia is one of the two behemoths in the graphics department and thus knows their schiit. 

They have also been a partner in consoles in the past and are actively pursuing a type of 'console/PC' mix with their Shield.

So they do have the knowledge and current data on the market and is up to date with it.

However, AMD more or less became the premier look to company for the PS4 and possibly Xbox ___ which is their rival.

So they could if not are more or less de hyping it as AMD made it.

Maximum PC recently layed out parts for what a PC with near simiilar specs to the PS4 would be and it was a mid end console with a 650 Ti and Octo Core AMD and other nifty stuff. Not a low end one.Which could further back Nvidia's ramble as just ramble. But who knows

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,305 of 9,120
Quote:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/nvidia_calls_ps4_%E2%80%9Clow_end%E2%80%9D123

Nvidia Calling out PS4 as low end.

Official interview more or less has Nvidia pulling the PC master race card with the rep saying that

and talking about performance as compared to current GPU's and CPU's.

Now on to what I think.

Nvidia is one of the two behemoths in the graphics department and thus knows their schiit. 

They have also been a partner in consoles in the past and are actively pursuing a type of 'console/PC' mix with their Shield.

So they do have the knowledge and current data on the market and is up to date with it.

However, AMD more or less became the premier look to company for the PS4 and possibly Xbox ___ which is their rival.

So they could if not are more or less de hyping it as AMD made it.

Maximum PC recently layed out parts for what a PC with near simiilar specs to the PS4 would be and it was a mid end console with a 650 Ti and Octo Core AMD and other nifty stuff. Not a low end one.Which could further back Nvidia's ramble as just ramble. But who knows

The PS4 will be low end in pure spec by release. The lack of DX overhead a year in should keep the games looking cutting edge for at least another year, year and half though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back