Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions
Nov 10, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #4,756 of 6,302
After spending some time in the last few months w the MDR1ABT and the H7...both Bluetooth headphones...I just rebought the pm3 and the ha2 which I had long ago sold. I spend most of my time wired to my pc listening to music or playing games w chat so I don't need Bluetooth anymore. I use my Micca Origen for PC use and the ha2 from my Google Pixel and iPad Pro 9.7. While the H7 probably would be perfect if it were a bit more comfortable. The pads are a touch small and the headband hurts the top of my head after about a half hour. I buzz my hair so I don't have any extra padding up there. The pm3 is perfect in this regard. So back to the wire I go. Missed you Oppo.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #4,757 of 6,302
I use it the same way, nothing can replace it for that use.

Nov 12, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #4,758 of 6,302
What small DAC/amp(Preferred USB DAC/amp) would you recommend for Oppo PM-3 and Playstation 4? It is my main music station(besides of iPhone SE) and i would like to upgrade the sound quality more than the dual shock pad :p

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #4,759 of 6,302
What small DAC/amp(Preferred USB DAC/amp) would you recommend for Oppo PM-3 and Playstation 4? It is my main music station(besides of iPhone SE) and i would like to upgrade the sound quality more than the dual shock pad :p

I would suggest something with a bass boost, its great for gaming and movies.

fiio e18, cayin c5 dac, oppo ha-2 just to name a few.

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #4,761 of 6,302
I use at the office my PM3s together with an iDac. Nice neutral slightly bright sound that comes out of the IfI dac. No need to amp anymore since I cannot go further from 8-9 o'clock.

Enviado desde mi H1

Nov 12, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,762 of 6,302

Nice but i prefer something powered by USB or from wall DC (no internal battery needed)

Mojo. Using Mojo with music-making software, there is almost no lag, like as low as 1.3 ms depending on sample rate. I'm guessing that's important for gaming. Plus, it sounds really good.

Edit: It has a battery, but can be plugged in for power too.

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #4,764 of 6,302

I use Leckerton Audio UHA-6S mkii. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #4,765 of 6,302
i bought Dragonfly Black as multiplatform device :) if everything will be OK with PS4 i will use it with my notebook and iPhone SE too :) if it wont work with PS4 i will sell it and get simple fiio D03 to my Creative T20 speakers :p

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #4,766 of 6,302
Just wondering if anyone have compared the p7 wireless and the pm-3, tying to decide between these two...

I currently have a pair of SE535, and used to own a pair of v moda m 100, and decided to sell it as I didn't particular like the sound, thought the vmoda always sounded like it is being covered, sorta like a cloth covering the speaker (sorry i m noob and no good at describing it with proper terms) :/

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #4,767 of 6,302

​Cannot comment on the P7 wireless, but only on the wired P7. The PM-3 is definitely one step ahead. Both are well designed and well manufactured, but the PM-3 is better. PM-3 has only slightly recessed treble and much less elevated bass compared to the V-Moda M100. I would also prefer Focal Spirit Professional and Classic to the P7, if you can live with their very small earpads. The P7 is a bit shouty to my ears and also bass and lower mids are at least not best-in-class.

Very happy with my PM-3.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #4,769 of 6,302
I own both PM-3 and the Classics and love them both. Worth owning both? Absolutely. The Oppos are more portable and better whn you run or jog and they don't make any "mechanical" noise due to the tanl like build and their isolation is way better. In fact isolation is so good I use them while flying. They are also more compact and therefore easier to pack. The Classics on the other hand are a joy to listen to and they look the part. Sound signatures are also complimentary and that's another reason to won them both.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #4,770 of 6,302
The ****, you can run or jog with these?
biggrin.gif

they are portable but still a little heavy for any workouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back