ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 4, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #8,926 of 16,326
hello, i just updated my dp-x1 but it failed said error status 7 and after that it always boot into recovery mode. can anyone help me?

unrooted and uninstalled xposed, tried to factory reset  and wipe partition cache in recovery mode :frowning2:

could someone sent me the link of stock rom in cause i couldn't find any in google and really desperate for this.. :frowning2:

Sad to hear that. As I have warned before, this happened. Try googling "dp-x1 rom" you should find a hkepc.com forum link.

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #8,927 of 16,326
The Fiio AM3 do the Fiio X7 had been launched offering both balanced and SE. Really opens up the field. Would be interesting to compare the Fiio with the X1 now.

One dac is one dac , no matter how many amp it has. BTW, ak300 is released with one dac can do both SE and balanced.

dp-x1 is born with two dac , no need to add an amp hardware every month.

That is there is no common between dp-x1 and fiio x7. Totally different design from the start.

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #8,928 of 16,326
The Fiio AM3 do the Fiio X7 had been launched offering both balanced and SE. Really opens up the field. Would be interesting to compare the Fiio with the X1 now.

One dac is one dac , no matter how many amp it has. BTW, ak300 is released with one dac can do both SE and balanced.

dp-x1 is born with two dac , no need to add an amp hardware every month.

That is there is no common between dp-x1 and fiio x7. Totally different design from the start.

It's been pointed out before that the ES9018S in the X7 is an 8-channel DAC. That's double the number of DAC channels the DP-X1 has and in any case plenty enough to make balanced as "real" as you want it to be.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 4, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #8,929 of 16,326
Agree with you on the fact that they are two different designs. The dac on the Fiio has a desktop spec and is considered by many to be superior to the two Xi mobile dacs. However the comparison is not about specs but the sound alone. Both have very favourable reviews now and are quite popular. The modular design on the Fiio makes it very interesting as it gives users many options to play around with from the low power, mid power, high power and balanced options. An a/b comparison should be very interesting at this stage.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #8,930 of 16,326
Has anyone figured out how to remove the static/distortion when using apps other than the default music player? To test, I play a song from tidal for instance and put the volume down to like 5 and you can really hear the distortion. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that only the default player uses the dual sabre dacs and other apps don't use them?

It's not a huge deal to me because I put in two 200gb ss cards and am loading it with all high quality files.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #8,931 of 16,326
Has anyone figured out how to remove the static/distortion when using apps other than the default music player? To test, I play a song from tidal for instance and put the volume down to like 5 and you can really hear the distortion. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that only the default player uses the dual sabre dacs and other apps don't use them?

It's not a huge deal to me because I put in two 200gb ss cards and am loading it with all high quality files.

From one of the big retailer in HK, it said it has confirmed with Onkyo's distributor. All apps use dual 9018 dac in balanced.

This issue has been rumored many times. Actually the answer is quite clear.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #8,932 of 16,326
From one of the big retailer in HK, it said it has confirmed with Onkyo's distributor. All apps use dual 9018 dac in balanced.

Ah I see well that's certainly relieving. What about the distortion and static sounds with other apps?

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #8,933 of 16,326

And another distributor has been told by Pioneer that it doesn't.

So the answer regarding the hardware, and what can be done to address the third-party app distortion, remains quite unclear.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #8,934 of 16,326
  hello, i just updated my dp-x1 but it failed said error status 7 and after that it always boot into recovery mode. can anyone help me?

unrooted and uninstalled xposed, tried to factory reset  and wipe partition cache in recovery mode :frowning2:

could someone sent me the link of stock rom in cause i couldn't find any in google and really desperate for this.. :frowning2:

Well the good news is that you can get to recovery. You should be able the install a ROM from there using ADB flash. Good luck!

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #8,935 of 16,326
got some jbweld, cut a qtip in half at a sharp angle and used the point to stuff jbweld into the gaps. I let it sit overnight, and it works! wiggling the jack with a 2.5mm or 3.5mm plugged in, the jack doesn't budge whatsoever. it's ugly, but worth it for the peace of mind!

Jun 4, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #8,936 of 16,326
Really loving the DP-X1.  This is my first dedicated DAP since the old ipod 5G (non touch).  We've all been so crazed with having our phones do *everything*, it is really refreshing to have my phone back to being a phone (and camera), while music and movies (and some games) are now handled on a dp-x1.  I have an iphone SE, but this freedom/separation is allowing me to think about going back to my Blackberry Classic - one of my favorite phones ever (I saw a few other BB10 diehards here 200 pages or so back).

Anyhow, still in the honeymoon phase here - I know when I was on the fence and was reading this thread at work daily, the one thing this thread was lacking was photos of owners' setups.  So here's my contribution:

Jun 4, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #8,938 of 16,326
Really loving the DP-X1.  This is my first dedicated DAP since the old ipod 5G (non touch).  We've all been so crazed with having our phones do *everything*, it is really refreshing to have my phone back to being a phone (and camera), while music and movies (and some games) are now handled on a dp-x1.  I have an iphone SE, but this freedom/separation is allowing me to think about going back to my Blackberry Classic - one of my favorite phones ever (I saw a few other BB10 diehards here 200 pages or so back).

Anyhow, still in the honeymoon phase here - I know when I was on the fence and was reading this thread at work daily, the one thing this thread was lacking was photos of owners' setups.  So here's my contribution:

Nice ortofons. I use the etymotic er-4s myself.

Jun 4, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #8,939 of 16,326
Can anyone confirm if the for-mentioned jack problems are still present with the US release DP-X1 units. I just ordered one from B&H Photo and will be here Tuesday. Going to see how it compares to the Sony ZX100. Probably a silly question, but is the volume knob gold, kind of likes gold in pics; hard to tell.

Jun 4, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #8,940 of 16,326
Can anyone confirm if the for-mentioned jack problems are still present with the US release DP-X1 units. I just ordered one from B&H Photo and will be here Tuesday. Going to see how it compares to the Sony ZX100. Probably a silly question, but is the volume knob gold, kind of likes gold in pics; hard to tell.

It's a matte carbon with the inner ring being a brass/gold tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back