ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 4, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #8,941 of 16,326
got some jbweld, cut a qtip in half at a sharp angle and used the point to stuff jbweld into the gaps. I let it sit overnight, and it works! wiggling the jack with a 2.5mm or 3.5mm plugged in, the jack doesn't budge whatsoever. it's ugly, but worth it for the peace of mind!

That's a fantastically neat job, nothing ugly whatsoever about it ... well done 
smile.gif

Jun 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #8,942 of 16,326
  I have an iphone SE, but this freedom/separation is allowing me to think about going back to my Blackberry Classic - one of my favorite phones ever (I saw a few other BB10 diehards here 200 pages or so back).

That was likely me, I had a Leap (and a Z10). The Leap was excellent and drove the PM3 quite well. BB phones are usually very good sounding, certainly better than iPhones so I was a fan. Also really liked BB10.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #8,945 of 16,326
Really loving the DP-X1.  This is my first dedicated DAP since the old ipod 5G (non touch).  We've all been so crazed with having our phones do *everything*, it is really refreshing to have my phone back to being a phone (and camera), while music and movies (and some games) are now handled on a dp-x1.  I have an iphone SE, but this freedom/separation is allowing me to think about going back to my Blackberry Classic - one of my favorite phones ever (I saw a few other BB10 diehards here 200 pages or so back).

Anyhow, still in the honeymoon phase here - I know when I was on the fence and was reading this thread at work daily, the one thing this thread was lacking was photos of owners' setups.  So here's my contribution:

Nice photo!

Jun 5, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #8,949 of 16,326

Mind sharing pictures, or detailed explanation?  Very interested in your 5TB setup! 

Of course, with pleasure.
External storage - La Cie Porsche Design 5TB with power supply, stock LACIE USB cable. then female USB to male micro USB adaptor --- like this:

https://www.conrad.de/de/usb-20-adapter-1x-usb-20-stecker-micro-b-1x-usb-20-buchse-a-schwarz-993222.html

Adapter micro USB end connected to X1.

Then go to Settings -- Storage -- USB storage --- Mount USB storage.

Some patience for 5TB reading time :)

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #8,952 of 16,326
  ... the one thing this thread was lacking was photos of owners' setups

I've just acquired the headphones I'v been dreaming of since I first heard them, so I think that's worthy of a photo.

They're the Beyerdynamic T5p second edition, and make for a very good pairing with the Onkyo.

The only downside is that I had to sell my P7s to part fund the purchase. I will miss them, especially as they were my first 'high-end' headphones, but I do prefer the Beyers.

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #8,954 of 16,326

I've just acquired the headphones I'v been dreaming of since I first heard them, so I think that's worthy of a photo.

They're the Beyerdynamic T5p second edition, and make for a very good pairing with the Onkyo.

The only downside is that I had to sell my P7s to part fund the purchase. I will miss them, especially as they were my first 'high-end' headphones, but I do prefer the Beyers.

Hi, seems like you also have the balanced cable for T5p II .  Where is the cable purchased?

For balanced on T5p II , what is the vol. that require, how is the sound stage, etc?

Thanks!

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #8,955 of 16,326
just thought that i'd share an update with the battery issues that i was facing. with help from the good people here, i did reset my device & disable most of the apps that i would never use but all that didn't have a positive impact on the battery drain issue. so i searched this same thread & discovered that a few others have also faced this issue.

this seems to be a wifi power management issue that may be fixed with a future firmware update by Onkyo. for the time being, whenever i am done listening with the onkyo, i put it on standalone mode, cutting off the wifi connectivity while it is on idle mode. this seems to be preventing the battery drain while on idle mode issue. this is not an ideal solution but seems to be a workaround. i hope someone @ onkyo will fix this issue for good with the next firmware update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back