Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Aug 24, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #151 of 367
I've test this new firmware.
Not so much problem from my side. But one out of five, the player freeze when playing the first song,and i'm not able to do anything with it.
So.. i hard reboot it and it work again ...
NB:W33b

That's weird, I have w233b (I assume you meant "233" not "33", right?) as well, and it doesn't have this problem at all with the new firmware.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #152 of 367
I had one blue screen with the new firmware, when I connected the player to the charger. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take a picture of the screen because I had to leave home, but I will if it happens again.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #153 of 367
Does anyone else running 1.16beta with a machine with NB code of M122a (System Settings->About X3) have an issue with big pops / noises through the headphone when powering the unit on/off?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 25, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #154 of 367
Does anyone else running 1.16beta with a machine with NB code of M122a (System Settings->About X3) have an issue with big pops / noises through the headphone when powering the unit on/off?

Yes me, on all firmwares so far, not only 1.16b.

I thought it was normal and always wondered what people meant by saying relays inside the unit were making noises to take care of the earphones cracking. Well, on my unit the headphones pop and crack everytime i put them in and out, not only when powering on/off.

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #156 of 367

I have m122a
Headphones in when powering on, no clicking through the headphones.
Pause music, removing and reinserting headphones does produce crackle and pops.

It has always done this. I even think my x3 1st gen did this. It isn't too loud, but is annoying. I just only remove or insert headphones when it is off.

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #157 of 367
I have m122a
Headphones in when powering on, no clicking through the headphones.
Pause music, removing and reinserting headphones does produce crackle and pops.

It has always done this. I even think my x3 1st gen did this. It isn't too loud, but is annoying. I just only remove or insert headphones when it is off.

Same here but I guess this is normal.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #158 of 367
Found a strange bug, when listening while charging with the new firmware, if i pause and come back, now playing does not take me to where i left off.

Can anyone check and confirm this please?

What i observed is the battery life seem to have increased with the new firmware.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #159 of 367

Yes I can hear some popping on my Future Sonics G10.
Can we help more by testing some things?

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #160 of 367

Just a low-level double-click, no popping noise.

But two other issues:

1) When using the line out to an external amp, removing the cable and reinserting it increases the gain as if no EQ was enabled, although it is (and seems to be effective nonetheless). Only changing the EQ preset decreases the gain again.

2) When connected to a charger, the player won't go into deep sleep mode, instead it shuts completely off after the selected time.

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #161 of 367
I put 1.16 on my machine, and tracks disappeared from albums.  Many of my classical albums only had the first track available, and some albums had entirely wrong tracks in it.  I rolled back the firmware and the player works fine.  I only have 3000 or so titles, so I wasn't hitting the limit.

Also, is FIIO going to address the poor visibility of the screen?  Can we get a GUI with black characters on a white background for maximum contrast so we can use the player outdoors?

Otherwise, a stellar little player, I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #163 of 367
  I really want fast scrolling, like scrolling by alphabet, and displaying song title from tag instead of file name. 

We all want that, but FiiO doesn't listen.

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #164 of 367
Stable FW 1.3 is now available at this link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/780197/official-x3-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-download-discussion-thread-fw1-3-9-new-improvements-plus-14-improvements-from-1-11-and-1-16beta#post_11897136

OTG has been fixed as well as all the previous fixes in the beta FW.  

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #165 of 367
  Stable FW 1.3 is now available at this link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/780197/official-x3-2nd-gen-stable-firmware-download-discussion-thread-fw1-3-9-new-improvements-plus-14-improvements-from-1-11-and-1-16beta#post_11897136

OTG has been fixed as well as all the previous fixes in the beta FW.  

HOORAYYYYY! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back