Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Oct 30, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #183 of 367
I have about 8200 songs on my FiiO, a mixture of lossy and lossless. When I go to play anything lossy, I find there's a 2-3 second gap between songs auto-playing through a list, and a further 12-20 seconds where the device freezes before the song appears on screen. Please, PLEASE fix this.

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #184 of 367
  I have about 8200 songs on my FiiO, a mixture of lossy and lossless. When I go to play anything lossy, I find there's a 2-3 second gap between songs auto-playing through a list, and a further 12-20 seconds where the device freezes before the song appears on screen. Please, PLEASE fix this.

Do you have gapless playback turned on?

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #187 of 367
Been using the beta firmware for a few days now and the scroll wheel is perfect. Before it would constantly go to far or to short when trying to select tracks, now it goes exactly where I want it to :) 

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #189 of 367
I'm having OTG issues since the update. Would just stop recognizing and hard to get it going. Will regrettably go back to last update and see if that helps.
Update: back to last stable and OTG working fine now.

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #190 of 367
Does anyone else would welcome a 'one touch' track skip button apart of me? 
I relatively often skip a track, and when I am on the go, it is a bit uncomfortable to press the on/off button, and then next button. (Often looking at the screen as well, cause accidently another button was presses too, and I have to go back to the now playing screen first to be able to skip...) 
So instead of this complicated process (which often can not be completed blindly by fingers) why not to use the next button pressed long for skipping the track even when the screen is off. So far only the volume can be adjusted blindly, but with long pressing the next button skipping track would be easy on the go.
Please consider this with the next fw upgrade.  

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #191 of 367
  Does anyone else would welcome a 'one touch' track skip button apart of me? 
I relatively often skip a track, and when I am on the go, it is a bit uncomfortable to press the on/off button, and then next button. (Often looking at the screen as well, cause accidently another button was presses too, and I have to go back to the now playing screen first to be able to skip...) 
So instead of this complicated process (which often can not be completed blindly by fingers) why not to use the next button pressed long for skipping the track even when the screen is off. So far only the volume can be adjusted blindly, but with long pressing the next button skipping track would be easy on the go.
Please consider this with the next fw upgrade.  

You have 2 options.

1. Long press the volume buttons while the screen is off to skip tracks 

2. Go to Settings -> Lockscreen and choose 'Lockscreen 3'. Now you should be able to skip tracks even when the screen is off by simply pressing the Bottom Right Button

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #192 of 367

You have 2 options.

1. Long press the volume buttons while the screen is off to skip tracks 

2. Go to Settings -> Lockscreen and choose 'Lockscreen 3'. Now you should be able to skip tracks even when the screen is off by simply pressing the Bottom Right Button

Cool, thank you! How come I have never seen this option in settings?
beyersmile.png

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #193 of 367
I have the PSB M4U 2 headphones and it comes with an iPhone cable meaning it has the gizmo on the cable control an iPhone. Can you please update the firmware to allow this to work? The following is from the manual.

http://media.datatail.com/docs/manual/125306_en.pdf
Audio Control Features with Active M4U Headphones
In your headphone package, we have included two 1.5m (59”) audio cables. One cable is equipped with a monitor function, ergonomically positioned on the cable. The sec1ond cable is equipped with a 3-Push Function Button and monitor function for remote controllability/hands-free operation of your mobile phone.

If you receive a phone call during a listening session using the 3-Push Function Cable, a single button press will answer the incoming call and pause your audio track. Once the call is complete, a single button press will end the call and resume audio play.

When listening to a handheld music device such as an iPod, the 3-Push Function Button can be used to change to the next track or pause and resume music without reverting back to the controls of the handheld device.

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #194 of 367
  I have the PSB M4U 2 headphones and it comes with an iPhone cable meaning it has the gizmo on the cable control an iPhone. Can you please update the firmware to allow this to work? The following is from the manual.

http://media.datatail.com/docs/manual/125306_en.pdf

I'm pretty sure that iDevice cable controls are some kind of proprietary thingy that can only be made to work on iOS devices.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #195 of 367

I'm pretty sure that iDevice cable controls are some kind of proprietary thingy that can only be made to work on iOS devices.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I have used a pair of Beats Studio and the iPhone cable works to pause the X3II. So I was wondering why this cable doesn't work to do anything with the X3II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back