Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Aug 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #136 of 367
I was not aware that so many people actually use OTG!  Lol.  To me, for my purposes, it is a completely useless feature that I have never used and never will :p

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #137 of 367
  I was not aware that so many people actually use OTG!  Lol.  To me, for my purposes, it is a completely useless feature that I have never used and never will :p

I use it quite regularly due to my large music library. I discovered it this morning prior to coming here to see others having the same issue.  OTG worked with FW 1.1, so I went back to it and I think I'll stick with it until the next stable release.

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #138 of 367
  I use it quite regularly due to my large music library. I discovered it this morning prior to coming here to see others having the same issue.  OTG worked with FW 1.1, so I went back to it and I think I'll stick with it until the next stable release.

It's a really weird bug, for sure.

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #140 of 367

1.  Volume-matching between the EQ and Non-EQ sound playback.  This is very very important to me, as without it, it's hard to tell whether or not I prefer the EQ on any given track, since it's difficult to do an objective back-and-forth comparison if the volume isn't matched!

How about changing one preset as flat EQ, then select another preset and change as desired?

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #141 of 367

How about changing one preset as flat EQ, then select another preset and change as desired?

How. . .did I not think of that?  *Facepalms*  For a guy who is supposedly a genius (IQ tests say so and all) I sure do seem to lack common-sense most of the time
blink.gif

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #142 of 367
Unconfirmed factoid. Most people that join Mensa just barely qualify. The super genius types do not bother.

That was for goodyfresh

So far no workaround found for the OTG bug. Right now my plan is to stick with the new firmware until,I plan to use the OTG. Which is mainly when I travel

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #143 of 367
Quote:
Unconfirmed factoid. Most people that join Mensa just barely qualify. The super genius types do not bother.

That was for goodyfresh

So far no workaround found for the OTG bug. Right now my plan is to stick with the new firmware until,I plan to use the OTG. Which is mainly when I travel

Yeah?  No crap.  I'm considered the supergenius type, actually.  Was a bigtime child prodigy, one of the top participants in Maryland State Math League competitions growing up (and Maryland has a very top-end school system), took College Courses when I was 13, and got a perfect 2400 on the SAT, among many other things.  I'm not going to say my IQ because IQ is almost as full of crap as SAT scores (really, my Perfect Score means just about nothing. . .namely, yeah, if somebody scores that high then they must be very smart--not necessarily a genius though--but there are PLENTY of geniuses out there who DON'T score high, as well, so it's bullsh*t).  Did you know that the great physicist Richard Feynman scored only 130 on an IQ test?  So supposedly, according to the bullsh*t that is IQ-scores, he was not a genius.  About my IQ, let's just say that it is very high, and leave it at that.  And about Mensa:  Mensa is, as you pointed out, for chumps.  I will never, ever join Mensa, simply as a matter of principle!

All that being said about my actual intellect, the unfortunate fact is that I have (and yes, I'm actually diagnosed with it, not just one of those idiots who likes to say I have it because some people have theorized that maybe Einstein and Newton might have had it too, and so if you have it then it must make you special, right!?!?!?!?!  UGH!) Asperger's Syndrome/High Functioning Autism, to a level that it has at times severely impacted my life due to my difficulties learning life-skills and just about anything social.  Thus what I was saying before about my lack of common-sense despite being a genius.

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #144 of 367
Not the place to get into it; but most geniuses don't make a point of sharing in the manner provided.  They tend to simply go about their business and let others be impressed with their accomplishments.
It is about capacity plus execution that matters.  I do not care if somebody went to an Ivy League school; what matters is what they have done with those potential talents. 

Or to quote Andy Patridge of XTC; I'm stupidly happy.

BTW you must be younger than me.  In my day the SAT only went up to 1600.  Sort of like spinal tap -- my amp goes to 11.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #145 of 367
  Not the place to get into it; but most geniuses don't make a point of sharing in the manner provided.  They tend to simply go about their business and let others be impressed with their accomplishments.
It is about capacity plus execution that matters.  I do not care if somebody went to an Ivy League school; what matters is what they have done with those potential talents. 

Or to quote Andy Patridge of XTC; I'm stupidly happy.

BTW you must be younger than me.  In my day the SAT only went up to 1600.  Sort of like spinal tap -- my amp goes to 11.

I only went into detail about it because you brought up the subject of stuff like Mensa and "supergeniuses."  If you were to look at my posts in the forum you'd know I've never brought up the subject before now.

Anyway we do need to get back on-topic with the thread.  So you still haven't found any workaround for the OTG bug?  And has there been any word as to when the next official stable firmware will be released?

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #147 of 367
Sorry for running with the genius comment.

Hopefully FIIO can turn out a quick fix for the OTG bug without changing the current sound signature which I think is outstanding

It's all good, man
cool.gif

Yeah man I freaking love the sound signature at the moment, I certainly hope it stays the same in stable Firmware v1.2.

Is it just me or can I hear just a little (just a tad) bit more detail and layering/separation in more complex tracks since updating to beta 1.16?  It's tough to tell since such things can just as easily be the placebo effect, you know?  I just feel like soundstage has a bit more depth and layers to it, and the overall separtion of details and instruments is a tiny bit better now.

Aug 23, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #148 of 367
Yes, it makes no sense, but I am really grooving on the sound with this particular firmware.  I would go as far as to say that with this firmware I think the X3 II gives the X5 II a run for its money.  Now I do not have access to the X5 II any more, but I remember it as having great articulation and that is what I am experiencing with this firmware rev.  I really like the bass definition in particular.

Even with the OTG bug I am going to leave the current beta in place until I really need OTG.  Then I will downgrade back to OTG capable firmware at that time.

Aug 23, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #149 of 367
  Yes, it makes no sense, but I am really grooving on the sound with this particular firmware.  I would go as far as to say that with this firmware I think the X3 II gives the X5 II a run for its money.  Now I do not have access to the X5 II any more, but I remember it as having great articulation and that is what I am experiencing with this firmware rev.  I really like the bass definition in particular.

Even with the OTG bug I am going to leave the current beta in place until I really need OTG.  Then I will downgrade back to OTG capable firmware at that time.

Okay so I guess I'm raelly not just imagining it, if other people are hearing it too.  It's better detail resolution in the lower-mids and bass, that's what's doing it!  Bass guitars, kick drums, and the like just sound awesome, really hard-hitting and punchy.

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #150 of 367
I've test this new firmware.
Not so much problem from my side. But one out of five, the player freeze when playing the first song,and i'm not able to do anything with it.
So.. i hard reboot it and it work again ...
NB:W33b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back