Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 16, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #122 of 405
Quote:
Oh good, then I don't have to lug mine up.  And I too would like to make the comparison.

Never hurts to have more than one, especially when the rest of the system is so different.

Feb 16, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #123 of 405

Quote:
Never hurts to have more than one, especially when the rest of the system is so different.

Heh, I never have a system with me just because I'm still slowly piecing all of it together--just a bunch of DIY stuff.  I usually bring it to listen to Kerry's amps since they always sound great.

But I guess I'll bring it so more people can check out SR007MK1s.

Feb 16, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #124 of 405
I have this awful feeling that I'm going to have to work that day since I've been at work the last couple of Saturdays after being on a rotating schedule of every other Saturday.

What time do things usually slow down and the auction starts? I might be able to get there at 4pm at the earliest if I work which means I can't bring anything really.

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #125 of 405
Hi Aaron, I'm assuming your the one running this site. I just recently registered and I'm planning on attending the March meet. I have been lurking here as well as some other audio sites for some time. I'm getting back into the game after many years and want to update my gear. I don't know if I will be posting much or not, but am really looking forward to the meet and getting some good advice on new gear. Thanks, Howard

Feb 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #126 of 405

Quote:
I have this awful feeling that I'm going to have to work that day since I've been at work the last couple of Saturdays after being on a rotating schedule of every other Saturday.

What time do things usually slow down and the auction starts? I might be able to get there at 4pm at the earliest if I work which means I can't bring anything really.

If we're going by last time, I think 4pm was about when the auction went, but it kept going for a while last time.  There's also the dinner afterwards and that's great, just most of the gear will have already been packed away by that time 
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #127 of 405

Quote:
If we're going by last time, I think 4pm was about when the auction went, but it kept going for a while last time.  There's also the dinner afterwards and that's great, just most of the gear will have already been packed away by that time 
tongue.gif

So when would be a good time to get there to try headphones out? I'm still seeing if I can work around going to lab, or if I need to wait until the fall...

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #128 of 405

Quote:

So when would be a good time to get there to try headphones out? I'm still seeing if I can work around going to lab, or if I need to wait until the fall...

Early is better.  I know some people get there before 10 just to start setting things up and helping out.  I've been meaning to be one of those people but suffer from chronic tardiness.  I got there around 12 or 1pm last time and felt like I had plenty of time to get to listen to quite a few headphones and of course spend some time talking to the other head-fi members.

But as I said, earlier is better.  And though I might have been fine with just a few hours, there were quite a few headphones I didn't listen to that I wanted to listen to and can there really be too much time for headphones?

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #132 of 405
Can anyone bring a DT880/600? I've been wanting to hear one and I'll find out soon if I'm working or not that day. I really hope I can not work since that's the day I should have off but you never know.

I'm looking forward to it and will be quite disappointed if I am unable to make it since it's fairly close to me.

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #133 of 405
 Hope to hear some tube amps :)   Man, I've been out of it, I have no clue about all the new can models you guys are referring to. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #135 of 405

Quote:
 Hope to hear some tube amps :)   Man, I've been out of it, I have no clue about all the new can models you guys are referring to. 

You can be "in it" and still be "out of it". There are so many new things showing up on the scene every month, you'd have to be be on the audio internet 24/7 to keep up. 
Sometimes you see a model you never heard of, and just have to Google it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back