Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 18, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #136 of 405

Quote:
You can be "in it" and still be "out of it". There are so many new things showing up on the scene every month, you'd have to be be on the audio internet 24/7 to keep up. 
Sometimes you see a model you never heard of, and just have to Google it.

This is so true, now more than ever.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #137 of 405
[quote name="immtbiker" url="/forum/thread/537705/official-nyc-spring-2011-meet-march-19th/90#post_7276397"]

Why don't you just "mail" her 
tongue.gif
 like that lady did with her dog?

Whats ir? Is that young kids language that means something?

Quote:

I don't ever remember having this conversation before.  Maybe in a parallel universe. And davederek's right, if we didn't necessarily lust after new toys, we wouldn't be who we are, we'd be Scrabble or Poker fiends, like the ones next door to us at some of our last meetings.

My name is Aaron, and I'm an Audioholic!

[/quote] i was typing on an ipod touch in the dark so you will have to excuse my spelling.

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #138 of 405
What was "ir" it supposed to be?

Almost 60° here this afternoon. I might take out my Studebaker, and make some noise. Us old fogies need something to live for 
tongue.gif

If anyone wants to know who the woman companion that is traveling with me, besides my lovely brownie making wife, that would my "visiting nurse service". She has to change the batteries on my Scooter Store Scooter, and make sure that my Depends isn't overflowing 
wink_face.gif

Don't take it personally, I'm just having fun. After the meet, I will probably travel to Jim Thorpe for a Sunday Brunch ride:

Mmmmm cheescake brownies:

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #139 of 405
You guys welcome head-fi virgins?  I have tons to learn about this new hobby of mine and would like to finally hear what you guys have been listening to for years...

update:

after reading this: http://home.roadrunner.com/~stevieo/head-fi.2011.spring.html

I think I got my answer... 

I hope I can make it! 

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #140 of 405

Quote:
You can be "in it" and still be "out of it". There are so many new things showing up on the scene every month, you'd have to be be on the audio internet 24/7 to keep up. 
Sometimes you see a model you never heard of, and just have to Google it.

With audio, the exciting part is not knowing and finding something new and exciting to try out.  This is certainly one hobby where I never feel worn out from and I'm totally looking forward to check out all the newer gear out there.  
L3000.gif

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #141 of 405

[size=medium]
Hey everyone,

I've never been to a meet before.  How do I sign up? I'm new to the whole headphone world so my gear = Westone 3 and DT-880.  Hope that's ok!

-Winchester
[/size]

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #142 of 405
Just by saying that "you are coming" here in this forum, you have signed up.

I'll update the attendees list on the first page, this weekend. Steve has a more accurate attendees list on his Meet webpage.

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #144 of 405
No Fee. We just ask that you give the host what you can afford ($20, $5, $100) or offer something to be offered for the Silent Auction. This help pay for the rooms. If you truly can't afford to give anything, then don't worry about it, but I'll see you in your dreams 
tongue.gif

The NYC contingent is a great bunch. I don't think that Erik (who hosts the fall meet) or I have ever had to pay out of pocket for our room rentals.
Rooms in outlying cities, may only cost $400 for the room, but the NYC meet always falls out around $750. I know the catering manager well (after 7 years of meets and he gives us a $600 room for $250. Also, he let's us have the room for the whole day (2 sessions) for the price of one. I always through him $50 and have helped him setup his personal Home Theater, all in the name of Head-Fi. Whatever it takes. 
Well, not "whatever" 
biggrin.gif
 . I gotta draw the line somewhere. Perhaps, next year, we'll get Bambi or Heidi for him 
smile.gif
 . Seriously, he's good people.

If the place was a little bigger, and the rooms were bigger, it would be the optimal place to hold the US International. It was great for the '96 meet, but the committees since then, have raised the bar so high, It would be a big step down. Too bad.

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #145 of 405
I'm in.  I'll have my wife make some yummy Vegan cookies if you guys don't mind.  

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #149 of 405

Quote:
butter and eggs are not vegan :wink: 

Yup, she uses canola oil instead of butter for my favorite Banana almond sugar cookies.  When she makes me chocolate chip, she uses dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate chips.  

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #150 of 405
'96 meet?  Do tell!  

I'm all for getting Bambi or Heidi to pitch in too. 
biggrin.gif

(I really looked hard for a smiley face dancing around a pole, but no luck)

Quote:
No Fee. We just ask that you give the host what you can afford ($20, $5, $100) or offer something to be offered for the Silent Auction. This help pay for the rooms. If you truly can't afford to give anything, then don't worry about it, but I'll see you in your dreams 
tongue.gif

The NYC contingent is a great bunch. I don't think that Erik (who hosts the fall meet) or I have ever had to pay out of pocket for our room rentals.
Rooms in outlying cities, may only cost $400 for the room, but the NYC meet always falls out around $750. I know the catering manager well (after 7 years of meets and he gives us a $600 room for $250. Also, he let's us have the room for the whole day (2 sessions) for the price of one. I always through him $50 and have helped him setup his personal Home Theater, all in the name of Head-Fi. Whatever it takes. 
Well, not "whatever" 
biggrin.gif
 . I gotta draw the line somewhere. Perhaps, next year, we'll get Bambi or Heidi for him 
smile.gif
 . Seriously, he's good people.

If the place was a little bigger, and the rooms were bigger, it would be the optimal place to hold the US International. It was great for the '96 meet, but the committees since then, have raised the bar so high, It would be a big step down. Too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back