Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 14, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #106 of 405
Hey Aaron are you updating the list of attendees? I was in as of post #22, though you would have to read the post to know it.
redface.gif

As for ricers: I am a Chevy S10 owner / modifier (for handling) which only heard guys call japanese cars - ricers. Then there is how a V6 sounds ricey with certain exhaust systems. I don't frequent those forums anymore.

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #107 of 405

Thanks a lot! :) I hope to be there.
Quote:
the time will be posted later but usually things get going around 10am. doors may open an hour earlier for set up. you don't need to bring anything. it'll run pretty much all day. the stragglers usually go out for a bite at the local diner afterwards. sometimes we pass the hat to cover the cost of the room (if the raffle revenue isn't sufficient), but no there isn't an admission charge. read the 'tips for newbies' section of this: http://home.roadrunner.com/~stevieo/head-fi.2011.spring.html

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #109 of 405

Quote:
The best exhaust system is a turbocharger.

i dunno. i've been shoveling snow and ice for a couple of hours and i feel pretty well exhausted!
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #110 of 405
I'll be bringing my pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can I throw out a wanted dead or alive?

Wanted Dead or Alive:
Audeze LCD-2

Somehow I managed to miss these things when they came out, and just this month I've been reading about them.  I'm very excited to hear a pair (or more).

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #112 of 405
Feb 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #114 of 405
Quote:
Wow... this sounds awesome.  I will definitely try to make it.  If I can, I'll bring a suitcase full of every set of headphones/amps I have been sent to review on my website.

sounds good - would you please point us to those reviews. tia.

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #115 of 405

Quote:
 ...if we didn't necessarily lust after new toys, we wouldn't be who we are, we'd be Scrabble or Poker fiends, like the ones next door to us at some of our last meetings.

My name is Aaron, and I'm an Audioholic!

Weren't the people next door Cat Writers?

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #116 of 405

Quote:
sounds good - would you please point us to those reviews. tia.

Sorry-- please check this http://www.pnosker.com/reviews/audio.  Everything written by "Patrick Nosker" is mine.  In addition, unposted reviews are written/in the process of being written of Beyerdynamic DT880, Ortofon O-One, Sleek Audio CT7, UE 18Pro, UE Reference Monitors, Sleek Audio Wireless, Woodees Blues, Ultimate Ears 200, B&W P5 and several more that I can't remember off the top of my head.  Obviously you can't try the customs, but you can see/feel them in terms of build quality, etc. Additionally, I have access to my other writer's Ultimate Ears 100, Zagg Smartbuds, and others.  Finally, I have a Headroom Total Bithead which I can bring along too and will very soon have some stuff from NuForce to bring along as well.

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #117 of 405
At the summer NJ Meet, they were gambling with cards next store.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #119 of 405

Quote:
Looks like I might be bringing an omega02 mkII to the party. Is anyone bringing a ps1000? Really dying to hear one.

I will be bringing my O2 Mk1.  I'd be interested to compare the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back