Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 12, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #76 of 405
All,

I am really HOPING to make it to this meet.  As long as I can get a babysitter for Liliana - my 5-month old (my wife will be away on the 19th), I'll be there!

I can bring Liliana to the meet, but she has discovered her voice and really squeals these very high pitch, loud sounds!  And that is when she is happy!
wink.gif

Plus, changing diapers and then touching all the gear must violate the rules.
biggrin.gif
  Not to mention I would need to bring the bottles, stroller, etc.

So I'm hoping our neighbor can babysit and I'll be there!  I'll confirm as soon as I find out. 

I really hope to make it because I have some new goodies to bring...

Vinnie

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #79 of 405

You can tell from the potholes and pole positioning as you get closer to a major city. One thing that I've noticed is that When young kids have "Civic" written on the back of their car, their mods are worth more than their car and that their skill level drops exponentially.`

what's annoying is when older people classify "young kids" young kids as bad drivers because they don't have a cadi from the 80s like you old folks and guess what, I'm sure they are plenty of drivers that you have passed on the road at 1 point or another that would consider you to have no driving skills. And just to clarify, I don't driver a ricer I am just sick of hearing people say how bad young kids are just becuz there cars aren't the social norm. This is something I would expect to hear on a car forum or at an aarp meeting, not on a headfi forum

Feb 13, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #80 of 405

So, are you coming?  
popcorn.gif
Quote:

what's annoying is when older people classify "young kids" young kids as bad drivers because they don't have a cadi from the 80s like you old folks and guess what, I'm sure they are plenty of drivers that you have passed on the road at 1 point or another that would consider you to have no driving skills. And just to clarify, I don't driver a ricer I am just sick of hearing people say how bad young kids are just becuz there cars aren't the social norm. This is something I would expect to hear on a car forum or at an aarp meeting, not on a headfi forum

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #81 of 405

Quote:
I don't driver a ricer

I think the correct usage would be that a person is a ricer, not that they "drive a ricer".

No offense eccarwiz, but young kids are some of the most intentionally reckless drivers I have ever seen who put other peoples lives in danger with no thought or care.  I hope you are not one of them.  I really do.

I'll let you in on a little secret; I'm a young kid too.  I don't take offense to the ricer comments because I know I'm not a reckless driver and I agree that some young kids are inconsiderate human beings. 

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #84 of 405

Quote:

Man, you are way off-base. Just like Towert7 said quite well, I never stereotyped all "young kids" into one category. Just the ones that fix their cars up, purely for the purpose of racing around in groups, pole positioning on tight highways, causing constant accidents. And are you calling me an old folk? First of all, you don't think I was your age once?

Second of all, you think I drive in an '80's Cadillac? While I would enjoy an '11 Cadillac CTS Sport, I do own a Kawasaki ZX-14 and a Suzuki Katana 1100, and a car that has a V6 265 hp engine that does 0-60 in 6 seconds. I drive responsibly when there are other cars on the road, and have taken the ZX-14 up to 164 mph when the whole highway is open. So who are you calling old man? Now who's being stereotypical?

Also, I am the OP who has been hosting these meets for about 7 years, and everyone of the attendee regulars that know me, know what I meant. Your comments are not a very good way to make friends. These meets are extremely casual and the threads are always fun-spirited. 

My '80's Cadillac:

and my '70's "Old Man" Pinto:

I'm headed to the funeral parlor tomorrow to pick out side by side plots tomorrow, 'cause, at my rickety old age, you never know. 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #85 of 405
Quote:

Man, you are way off-base. Just like Towert7 said quite well, I never stereotyped all "young kids" into one category. Just the ones that fix their cars up, purely for the purpose of racing around in groups, pole positioning on tight highways, causing constant accidents. And are you calling me an old folk? First of all, you don't think I was your age once?

Second of all, you think I drive in an '80's Cadillac? While I would enjoy an '11 Cadillac CTS Sport, I do own a Kawasaki ZX-14 and a Suzuki Katana 1100, and a car that has a V6 265 hp engine that does 0-60 in 6 seconds. I drive responsibly when there are other cars on the road, and have taken the ZX-14 up to 164 mph when the whole highway is open. So who are you calling old man. Now who's being stereotypical?

Also, I am the OP who has been hosting these meets for about 7 years, and everyone of the attendee regulars that know me, know what I meant. Your comments are not a very good way to make friends. These meets are extremely casual and the threads are always fun-spirited. 

My '80's Cadillac:

http://www.head-fi.org/image/id/945093/width/1000/height/800

My '70's "Old Man" Pinto:

Good post.

I'm only 18 and I recognize that many, if not most drivers my age are idiots. I can't stand seeing idiots line up at the lights in old Honda civics that sound like your average rubbish four cylinder engines with mufflers lopped off and 12 fart-cannon subwoofers in the trunk.

I drive a stock old Audi A4 (when it's not broken), and I drive responsibly, in a way that is not likely to get me, or, more importantly, anyone else on the road killed.

It's funny that you have a 265hp V6, Aaron. What kind of car is it? My dad's has a 274 horsepower turbo I4, and has a 0-60 of 5.9 seconds. Sounds like they'd be a nice match. :p

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #86 of 405
It's a company car, and it's the newer Ford Taurus. I just sold my Aucura Integra. The Taurus is a blast. No matter what speed you are driving at, when you"hit the pedal to the metal", no mater what gear you are in, including overdrive, it kicks down to 3rd, it launches the front of the car into a hyperblast mode and jumps into fourth and then 5th and then settles back into 6th. At tht point, the car is doing about 130 and I have to back off. A Taurus. Who woulda thunk it.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #87 of 405

Quote:
Quote:

Second of all, you think I drive in an '80's Cadillac? While I would enjoy an '11 Cadillac CTS Sport, I do own a Kawasaki ZX-14 and a Suzuki Katana 1100, and a car that has a V6 265 hp engine that does 0-60 in 6 seconds. I drive responsibly when there are other cars on the road, and have taken the ZX-14 up to 164 mph when the whole highway is open. So who are you calling old man? Now who's being stereotypical?

My '80's Cadillac:

and my '70's "Old Man" Pinto:

I'm headed to the funeral parlor tomorrow to pick out side by side plots tomorrow, 'cause, at my rickety old age, you never know. 
evil_smiley.gif

that ir
1st.  I only used the phrase "old folks" because the phrase "young kids" was being used.  2nd. SUVs cause way more accidents then people who supe up their cars.  3rd. Your talking about people who supe up their cars as being dangerous drivers and you have several sport motorcycles and in all the time I have spent driving and being a passenger I have seen hundreds of people on motorcycles weave in and out of cars on the highway but never 1 ricer.  4th.  Unless the person tells you directly that they are modding their cars " purely for the purpose of racing around in groups, pole positioning on tight highways, causing constant accidents" (which would never happen becuz 99% of people arent gonna say that and be serious about it) how would you know that that is that is the reason why they suped up their cars?  I have been to tons of car shows as a spectator and have worked at a few of them and I have seen and talked to a lot of ricers and the reason they modded their cars is for car shows and they simply just like working on and improving their car.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #89 of 405
It's a company car, and it's the newer Ford Taurus. I just sold my Aucura Integra. The Taurus is a blast. No matter what speed you are driving at, when you"hit the pedal to the metal", no mater what gear you are in, including overdrive, it kicks down to 3rd, it launches the front of the car into a hyperblast mode and jumps into fourth and then 5th and then settles back into 6th. At tht point, the car is doing about 130 and I have to back off. A Taurus. Who woulda thunk it.

The new Taurus is, IMHO, drop dead gorgeous. I'd like to try out the new SHO, as well.

Feb 13, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #90 of 405
Just for all this ricer talk, I will show up in my riced out BMW and will rev my engine so none of you old farts can hear your precious headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back