Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 10, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #61 of 405
Quote:
Quote:
In NYC, they would have thrown Milk Duds at us, or worse.

NYC is awful at this.  It seems if you wait more than a second someone will honk at you.

nah, they don't wait a second. as soon as it turns green they start honking. sometimes when it's turned yellow going the other way they/we start honking. it's all in good fun though 
wink.gif
whatever, ny drivers are so much better than boston drivers. those guys up there are crazy! 
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #62 of 405

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In NYC, they would have thrown Milk Duds at us, or worse.

NYC is awful at this.  It seems if you wait more than a second someone will honk at you.

nah, they don't wait a second. as soon as it turns green they start honking. sometimes when it's turned yellow going the other way they/we start honking. it's all in good fun though 
wink.gif
whatever, ny drivers are so much better than boston drivers. those guys up there are crazy! 
tongue.gif

Aw, they're all crazy!  I've grown up in small towns where people are pretty friendly and not in a terrible rush. 
I can always tell when I'm driving on a highway and I'm getting near a large city.  The driving gets much more dangerous. 

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #63 of 405
You can tell from the potholes and pole positioning as you get closer to a major city. One thing that I've noticed is that When young kids have "Civic" written on the back of their car, their mods are worth more than their car and that their skill level drops exponentially.`

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #64 of 405
yeah, and their mufflers make them sound like a broken tin can. they think that sounds good?! they need to listen to a v8 muscle car, or a v12 screamer! man those ferraris can make some fine mechanical music!

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #65 of 405
Ah... ricers.  I remember those.  Some of those mods just made ended up making the car look like one big shopping cart.

And each decal must have added an extra 5hp each if you consider the amount they would slap all over their civics.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #66 of 405

Quote:
Ah... ricers.  I remember those.

Perhaps that's one of the only nice things about the 'economic downturn'.  I don't see as many ricers or hear as many awful sub cars. 

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #67 of 405

Quote:
When young kids have "Civic" written on the back of their car, their mods are worth more than their car and that their skill level drops exponentially.`

I'll agree with that.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #69 of 405

Quote:
what time would be considered too late to show up?

After we've left, eaten dinner, and gone home.

All joking aside, I would say that if you should get there by 3, if you want to do any kind of listening at all.  By 4:00 we're into the auction and when that's over people start breaking down.  Before you know it it's 6:00 and we wanna know where we gonna eat. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #71 of 405

Quote:
One thing that I've noticed is that When young kids have "Civic" written on the back of their car, their mods are worth more than their car and that their skill level drops exponentially.`

I was victimized by them once, and not on the road.  I had a '97 Integra Type-R and it was stolen right out of my driveway.  At the time I had a tenant, a young couple, and the guy was an ex-ricer or so he told his wife.  When he moved in he left a big nitrous canister in the garage.  One day his friends came over and they were hanging out and looking at the car.  It was nothing to look at, believe me.  It spent 5 hard years in NYC before I got my hands on it.  A few days later the car was stolen and it was found stripped in Brooklyn a week later.  That car went 0-60 in 6 seconds.  I'm sure it was put into some CIVIC terrorizing the streets somewhere.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #72 of 405

Quote:
what time would be considered too late to show up?

Ah that reminded me of my first head-fi meet.  Took me forever on public transportation to get to New Jersey and I showed up just before 5pm.  Still got to listen to a few amps and had dinner.  Even late it's a blast.  But getting there with time to enjoy all the great rigs is better 
wink_face.gif

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #73 of 405
 I'm probably in. Gotta figure out the train route to this place as I'm unfamiliar with Bayside.

I'll bring my grado sr60's, HD580's, Sony 7506's, iriver H180/H320, rio Karma (if its still working by then, lol).

I'll donate a Echo miaMIDI soundcard with the breakout cable and cd.  As far as I know, it works fine.  I also have a pair of Sony D66 eggo's without the extended cable that can be donated.  I'll dig around and see if I have anything else worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back