Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 405
Sadly, I may have to miss this one Aaron.

I broke my foot & arm this past weekend. Will be laid up for at least six weeks, which is right about the meet date. I'll see how I am the week before.

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #17 of 405
revolink24,

When you catch your train to Grand Central or better yet Penn Station, please know that It is only a 22 minute ride on the LIRR, and from there you can catch a 3 minute cab ride to the meet. I would offer to pick you up, but the host is always in the middle of insanity and putting out fires.
For my job, I travel back and forth to Rochester every couple of weeks (usually fly, and then get stuck overnight because of the snow, but being a 21 year Xerox veteran, I can say that I love that city (although it's too damn cold from October until May). There's an old joke about Rochester, and that is, there are 2 seasons in Rochester. August and winter 
smile.gif

Thanks for the suggestions!

The joke about two seasons in Rochester is definitely true. But when it is nice here, it's extremely nice.

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #18 of 405

Quote:
I broke my foot & arm this past weekend. Will be laid up for at least six weeks, which is right about the meet date. I'll see how I am the week before.

Wow, that really sucks, Jimmy. I hope you get better soon. 

Remember what Yogi says, "The bedroom is safer than in the woods".

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 405
please sign me up, oh mountain (biking) man.  hopefully i don't have to work that day....

Sadly, I may have to miss this one Aaron.

Jimmy, that's lousy! sorry to hear it man. hope you're feeling better soon and that you're able to join us. was this a result of shoveling ice? it's been a tough winter!

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #20 of 405
thanks for the sympathies & well-wishes guys.

I fell off my parent's roof after removing the snow. my own fault. I got complacent, forgot safety at the very end, & paid the price.

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #23 of 405
DAMN DUDE!  Hope you recuperate soon

Quote:

I fell off my parent's roof after removing the snow. my own fault. I got complacent, forgot safety at the very end, & paid the price.

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #25 of 405

Quote:

hey jimmy,i hope you feel better!
im heading up on my roof tomorrow with shovel,ladder and ropes. i have around 3 1/2 feet of heavy snow to clear

Feb 5, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #27 of 405

Quote:

Sorry to hear this Jimmy,
  Listen to a lot of music while you heal.
    But what the hell where you thinking going on a roof  with snow on it.

Feb 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #28 of 405

Quote:
Quote:

im heading up on my roof tomorrow with shovel,ladder and ropes. i have around 3 1/2 feet of heavy snow to clear

Unless you have a flat roof you need to clear, just look at what happened to jimmy let mother nature take care of the snow  

Feb 5, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #29 of 405
Quote:
Quote:

Unless you have a flat roof you need to clear, just look at what happened to jimmy let mother nature take care of the snow  

All's fun and games until the roof collapses.

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #30 of 405

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mission acomplished,
yes, my roof has flat section and pitched sections. i used a roof rake from the ground up,and a ladder  up to the flat section.
 i was very cautious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back