Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 19, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #151 of 405

Quote:

(I really looked hard for a smiley face dancing around a pole, but no luck)

Gotta try harder!
pole.gif

pole_dancer.gif

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #152 of 405
Oops. Make that the "06" meet. Without my reading glasses the 9 and the 0 are just a small step away.

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #154 of 405
I tried, but the hotel cannot guarantee that the building can with stand the weight of the pole and the girl. You guys know who know me, know that I tried my hardest.
Hello, my name is Immtbiker and I am an audiophile and a perv. Hello Immtbiker!

My son is especially disappointed.

Feb 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #156 of 405
Quote:
I'm in.  I'll have my wife make some yummy Vegan cookies if you guys don't mind.  

mind? now we'll mind if you don't bring 'em! 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
nikongod said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have contact info for the people from beyer who were at the last meet?

dunno if it's the same addy to get a hold of the guys that were there last time, but i did reach out to them to invite them to the meet. you could always give 'em a call:
beyerdynamic Inc. USA
56 Central Ave.
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Phone +1 (631) 293-3200

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #157 of 405

I'm IN and so hyped! 

I almost missed this thread and I've been waiting since the last meet ended!  If you can't tell...this will be my first meet.

I just hurriedly skimmed the last 11 pages to get an idea of what people are bringing and so far I've got: M50s, LCD2s and a motorbike.  O_o

Should I bother bringing my entry-level rig?  I don't think it'll help anyone but the completely new, I'll probably bring my HD650s anyway to try them out with different rigs (Is that cool?).  I'm hoping someone has a Beta22 there!  Does one usually show up at these meets? 

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #158 of 405

Quote:

I'm IN and so hyped! 

I almost missed this thread and I've been waiting since the last meet ended!  If you can't tell...this will be my first meet.

I just hurriedly skimmed the last 11 pages to get an idea of what people are bringing and so far I've got: M50s, LCD2s and a motorbike.  O_o

Should I bother bringing my entry-level rig?  I don't think it'll help anyone but the completely new, I'll probably bring my HD650s anyway to try them out with different rigs (Is that cool?).  I'm hoping someone has a Beta22 there!  Does one usually show up at these meets? 

You should just bring something.  Sometimes it's good to have doubles so more people can check the same headphones and on different rigs.

I'm just going to bring my SR007 and M50 unless someone asks for something that I have and can bring.  I don't carry any of my amps or DACs so I'm at the mercy of whoever has a rig to run them.  Can't wait to finally buy that car (been talking about that for a year now, darn unexpected expenses) so I can actually bring more stuff.

This meet should be great, rain or shine, pole dancers or no pole dancers, brownies or no brownies (though after the word of mouth I am dying to have one) 
wink_face.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #159 of 405
^ I don't think "just" and "SR-007" ever belong in the same sentence.  =]  

I'd love to hear it.  And I'd also love to hear your Buffalo II.  

Let me also add the Nuforce Icon HDP/HD to list of things I hope show up.

I'll bring my HD650s, if someone has recabled 650s, I'd like to compare.

Feb 23, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #160 of 405
I just happen to think that the SR-007 are awesometoast :)

Everyone should bring the M50's. seriously. If there are at least 25pr at the meet I will be very happy. If there are however only 17pr I will not. For the past half dozen headphone related meets I have been to I have not actually even seen these elusive headphones that everyone seems to own.

Feb 24, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #162 of 405

Quote:
Does anyone have contact info for the people from beyer who were at the last meet?

Thanks in advance.

I do. Peter is the salesman. Drop me a PM, I'll give you his e-mail addy.

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #163 of 405
[size=13.5pt]I'll second the Nuforce Icon HDP.  Yulong D100 would be nice to hear as well.  Is anyone going to bring RSA P51 mustang or the pico slim or any other portable amps?  I really enjoy my Westone 3.  Mostly because every time I wear a full size headphone I clench my jaw.  It causes my jaw to be painful.  I enjoy my DT880/250 (I do like the sound from my W3 more).  Anyway, I ramble, I'm just crazy excited for my first meet!  [/size]

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #165 of 405

Quote:
[size=13.5pt]I'll second the Nuforce Icon HDP.  Yulong D100 would be nice to hear as well.  Is anyone going to bring RSA P51 mustang or the pico slim or any other portable amps?  I really enjoy my Westone 3.  Mostly because every time I wear a full size headphone I clench my jaw.  It causes my jaw to be painful.  I enjoy my DT880/250 (I do like the sound from my W3 more).  Anyway, I ramble, I'm just crazy excited for my first meet!  [/size]

I have both of those amps, though the jacks are a bit loose on the P51.  I'm not going to really have a table since I can't carry too much stuff, but if you ask me, I no probably letting you use them to compare and figure if either are for you.  And I know the feeling of that first meet.  It's more exciting after you've been to one.  Meets can be addicting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back