Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jun 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #241 of 665
smile.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #242 of 665
What is the cut-off date for late registrations?

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #243 of 665
Tomorrow.

No, just kidding. 
biggrin.gif
  Technically you can just show up on the actual day of the meet.  But it just costs more.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #244 of 665
Quote:

FYI, there's an unspoken tradition that there's always a hidden bottle of Scotch somewhere at a meet.  And other than temporarily enhancing certain people's personalities, no lasting damage was done.

Uh oh.  I collect single malts.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #245 of 665
Quote:

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.  Ima be looking for you at the meet for sure. 
smile.gif

Hey, I had a 32-Ohm, which is supposed to be the worst of the bunch.  Didn't keep me from smiling when I listened to it. 

They you must come!  We've got people coming down from SF - and flying in from all over the country for this.  It would be a SHAME if you missed it. 
smile.gif

YES.  Bring your source, and maybe a range of interconnects, and you'll get to try out all kinds of headphones.  If your source has a line out, you're definitely going to want to try some amps as well.  Basically, BYOM (bring your own music) and then mind = blown.  AND you'll get to meet and talk to people who UNDERSTAND exactly why all of this is important to you.

Well, if you've got something to share, definitely bring that as well.  Take a look at the first post when you get a chance, to see what everyone else is bringing.  If you've got something that isn't on the list, by all means bring it and share it. 
smile.gif

That's one of the best parts of a meet.  The possibility of sampling gear ahead of time will help you make good purchases and avoid bad purchases (i.e. stuff that you don't like).

Oh yeah! most people don't give the DT880s a chance and move to the darker sounding HD650s but with the right amp and modifications, many people find the DT880 to be in a league of it's own. There's a whole thread about the DT880s vs. HD650 vs. K701/2 and I always find myself leaning towards the DT880s but I'm willing to give the HD650s another chance with possibly Cardas cables. That's why I'm going to the meet :D and everyone is welcome to discover the magic of beyers

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #246 of 665
Ok, finally purchased my ticket. For some reason it felt like I already had, but didn't. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #247 of 665
Quote:
Oh yeah! most people don't give the DT880s a chance and move to the darker sounding HD650s but with the right amp and modifications, many people find the DT880 to be in a league of it's own. There's a whole thread about the DT880s vs. HD650 vs. K701/2 and I always find myself leaning towards the DT880s but I'm willing to give the HD650s another chance with possibly Cardas cables. That's why I'm going to the meet :D and everyone is welcome to discover the magic of beyers

Count me as one of them.  I'm an HD650 lover and figured to pick up a DT880 600 Ohm as another flavor.  There are certainly things that I like more with the DT880, but I prefer the HD650 overall.  I appreciate that the DT880 is more neutral overall (case in point -- I *love* my UERMs), but the extra treble "sparkle" ... while I like the detail it brings, I don't like the fatigue than can go with it.  It just sounds a bit cold from neutral, and I'd prefer straight neutral or slightly warm of neutral.

I'm still debating what I want to bring down to the meet.  The full haul would be the Burson Soloist, Bottlehead Crack+Speedball, HRT Musicstreamer II and II+, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT880-600, Beyerdynamic DT770-80 and Denon AH-D2000 ... but I may leave some of that back.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #248 of 665
Ticket officially bought as of now... :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #249 of 665
Quote:

I tried collecting them... but I think by definition that would mean I would still have them and I do not. I think I actually collect empty single malt bottles....

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #251 of 665
Quote:
Quote:
FYI, there's an unspoken tradition that there's always a hidden bottle of Scotch somewhere at a meet.  And other than temporarily enhancing certain people's personalities, no lasting damage was done.

Hehe, you can have it when you pump it from my cold dead liver...
wink.gif
  BTW Dan, thanks for coming and supporting the meet.  Your Mad Dogs are always a big hit (not surprising), and I'm glad that people will get the chance to audition them if they haven't already.

Have there been any recent changes you'd like to announce?  The last time I heard them was at Changfest back in February.

Quote:
Quote:
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.  Ima be looking for you at the meet for sure. 
smile.gif

Hey, I had a 32-Ohm, which is supposed to be the worst of the bunch.  Didn't keep me from smiling when I listened to it. 

Yeah, I've traditionally not been a big HD 650 fan.  I'm told that I'm driving them improperly - which I accept is a possibility.  But as of this moment I far prefer the DT880.

Quote:
Ok, finally purchased my ticket. For some reason it felt like I already had, but didn't. 

Lunch again?  I'll be on time this time. 
smile.gif

Quote:

I'm still debating what I want to bring down to the meet.  The full haul would be the Burson Soloist, Bottlehead Crack+Speedball, HRT Musicstreamer II and II+, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT880-600, Beyerdynamic DT770-80 and Denon AH-D2000 ... but I may leave some of that back.

If you had to, I'd say maybe leave the D2000 back (just because it's out of production).  Then again, if you've got some crazy ass mods that make it sound amazing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morserotonin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ticket officially bought as of now... :)

Quote:

I tried collecting them... but I think by definition that would mean I would still have them and I do not. I think I actually collect empty single malt bottles....

Be honest now... you throw them away right?  Because, you know, gotta make room for more.

Quote:
I'm in!  Unfortunately, I'll have no equipment...I'll just be in "JAFO" listening mode. 
wink_face.gif

LOL @ JAFO 
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #252 of 665
Quote:

If you had to, I'd say maybe leave the D2000 back (just because it's out of production).  Then again, if you've got some crazy ass mods that make it sound amazing...

Nope, stock.  All my stuff is stock. I haven't really gotten into the modding game.  (Yet.)

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #253 of 665
I will be there! I'm not bringing anything this time :)

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #254 of 665
I kept them for a long time actually as a top of the kitchen shelves decoration but they weren't salvageable after the house fire... I don't keep much of anything anymore... very spartan existence over here these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back