Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jun 12, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #226 of 665
Quote:

To my knowledge, there are at LEAST three DJs attending the meet, so this might actually he possible. 
smile.gif
  Depends on whether they feel like spinning that day though.

The degree to which I like this depends greatly upon (a) who is paying for said booze; and (b) who get's stuck with serving bouncer duty.

I'm totally down to spin record ANYTIME.
I could do this if my plan w/ warrenpchi works out,
as somebody could cover my gear at the table while we spin.

I really dig that idea!  I've got some KILLER headphone tunes on wax (Atoms for Peace, Aphex Twin, The Haxan Cloak, Flying Lotus, etc.)

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #227 of 665
Quote:

I really dig that idea!  I've got some KILLER headphone tunes on wax (Atoms for Peace, Aphex Twin, The Haxan Cloak, Flying Lotus, etc.)

Bring Random Access Memories

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #228 of 665
Quote:
Quote:
To my knowledge, there are at LEAST three DJs attending the meet, so this might actually he possible. 
smile.gif
  Depends on whether they feel like spinning that day though.

I really dig that idea!

Hmm, and we know two people coming that also got some skills (because you can't be doing that for 8 hours bro).  That's not like a challenge or anything, just more of an "it ain't right" kind of thing.

So then the next question is, how do we snake live feed taps to everyone that wants to run that as a source?

Quote:
Quote:
I've got some KILLER headphone tunes on wax (Atoms for Peace, Aphex Twin, The Haxan Cloak, Flying Lotus, etc.)

Bring Random Access Memories

Lol, I think he's got better stuff than RAM... 
biggrin.gif

HOWEVER, if he wants to pull a track off of RAM, I wouldn't mind Doin' It Right to test bass response. 
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #229 of 665
Quote:
Hey all,

As someone who will be attending, I have 2 ideas to liven up the meet.

DJ spinning tunes whose signals are cabled to anyone who wants the signal. Anyone who is tapped in would be listening to the same thing, like a silent disco. People would take turns spinning whatever they wanted. Alternatively, we could have different genres segregated with different DJs and different signals to tap into.

Segregated BYOB booze room (with ID check) supplied with brandy snifters, tumblers, a fridge/cooler with ice, low tables, plush couches and shared signal ports.

Anyone else like this idea? If so, can we actually make this happen?

Great ideas. If we can figure out the logistics and setup the first might be doable. I think we may need to leave the drinking to an after (or before) meet get together.........but a cool idea nonetheless.

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #230 of 665
I am getting more excited about this by the day!  DJing would be fun but then I would need to bring a lot more gear and I can't commit to that right now. Though this thought especially the Silent Disco one is being bounced around by some of us around here.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #231 of 665
Signed up on eventbrite but I may have some possible work issues to get through. Hopefully I'll be free that day. Not bringing anything stationary. Probably wiill bring an iem of my choice. Haven't decided yet.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #232 of 665
Quote:
DJing would be fun but then I would need to bring a lot more gear and I can't commit to that right now.

IOW:  "mikemercer, can I play on your rig?" 
tongue.gif

Quote:
I am getting more excited about this by the day!

I know right?  You know what I temporarily forgot?  That it was NEXT month and not this month.  Still like 5 weeks away, ugh!

Quote:
Signed up on eventbrite but I may have some possible work issues to get through. Hopefully I'll be free that day. Not bringing anything stationary. Probably wiill bring an iem of my choice. Haven't decided yet.

Roger roger.  Just remember that the most important thing to bring - if nothing else - is you.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #233 of 665
Quote:
Great ideas. If we can figure out the logistics and setup the first might be doable. I think we may need to leave the drinking to an after (or before) meet get together.........but a cool idea nonetheless.

Although I don't mind adult beverages on the whole, during an event like this my concern is Any Beverage.

As in any beverage near equipment, set down on a table while listening.
It could be a catastrophe.

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #234 of 665
Quote:
Quote:

Although I don't mind adult beverages on the whole, during an event like this my concern is Any Beverage.

As in any beverage near equipment, set down on a table while listening.
It could be a catastrophe.

FYI, there's an unspoken tradition that there's always a hidden bottle of Scotch somewhere at a meet.  And other than temporarily enhancing certain people's personalities, no lasting damage was done.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #235 of 665
I'll do my best to bring a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label...
:wink:

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #236 of 665
beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #237 of 665
OK!!

Officially registered via EventBrite

So far, I'm bringing:

ALO Studio Six 
Audeze LCD3's
MYTEK Stereo192-DSD DAC
Source: MacBook Pro running Amarra

Thinkin' bout bringing my Sennheiser HD800's too.
or V-MODA Crossfade M-100s.

But - other peeps will have plenty of headphones to try 
w/ the Studio Six right??

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #238 of 665
I don't think I worded my question correctly.

Will there be precautions taken to prevent someone in the aisle from inadvertently spilling a drink on an exhibitors gear?
I don't know how crowded the aisles are, but, if congested, someone gets knocked or goes to sit down unnoticed and "liquid" spills on the gear.

I think you should consider limited drinking and food to a safe area.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #239 of 665
Quote:
OK!!

Officially registered via EventBrite

YIPPEE-KI-YAY! 
smile.gif

Quote:

So far, I'm bringing:

ALO Studio Six 
Audeze LCD3's
MYTEK Stereo192-DSD DAC
Source: MacBook Pro running Amarra

IOW, your favorite rig right now...
tongue.gif

Quote:

Thinkin' bout bringing my Sennheiser HD800's too.
or V-MODA Crossfade M-100s.

But - other peeps will have plenty of headphones to try 
w/ the Studio Six right??

Yeah, I think almost everyone is going to bring a pair to go around listening to stuff with.

Quote:

Will there be precautions taken to prevent someone in the aisle from inadvertently spilling a drink on an exhibitors gear?
I don't know how crowded the aisles are, but, if congested, someone gets knocked or goes to sit down unnoticed and "liquid" spills on the gear.

Well, there aren't any aisles per se.  Plus, its always understood that we don't bring food around the gear anyway.  No need to worry, not gonna wreck any gear with food/drink.

Quote:

I think you should consider limited drinking and food to a safe area.

The Scotch is generally separated from both the gear, as well as the main meet itself.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #240 of 665
BTW guys, please feel free to use my avatar in calling attention to the meet.  We're getting close, and if there is to be a last minute influx of attendees, third_eye needs to know sooner rather than later in order to book the rooms.  Here's the avatar I'm using:

third_eye, might want to put this avatar in the first post?  Just so more people know about it and use it. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back