Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013 Warner Center Marriott, Woodland Hills
Jun 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #212 of 665
Quote:
Quote:
Nice... what is that little triple-stack in the middle?

Those are voltage regulators.
There are two 5V  for the 300B's and a 6.3V for the 6N6P.
Here is the build thread

I hope it will be ready and worthy of bringing to the show.

Ah I see.  I hope it's ready too, would be nice to have a sizable DIY presence at the meet... and everyone counts! 
smile.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #215 of 665
I'll be bringing a modified DT880 with dual entry 8 strand SPC cables. Also should have my Asgard 2 with me and Bifrost stack

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #216 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Affordable Audio added to vendor list! Gary will be showing the King Sound Electrostatic headphones!

Wow nice :)

+1 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I'll be bringing a modified DT880 with dual entry 8 strand SPC cables. Also should have my Asgard 2 with me and Bifrost stack

Hey this'll be cool!  Wonder how the Asgard 2 tames the brightness.  What ohmage?

Man, this meet is gonna be so good it's giving me a hard on. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #217 of 665

Here's a little something new from  the DIY contingent.  You  all should be able to guess  what this is built for.  Even if you're a complete electronics ignoramus come look us up. You might be surprised at what you hear and there's lots of help available if you're interested in creating something of your own!

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #218 of 665
Quote:
+1 
beerchug.gif

Hey this'll be cool!  Wonder how the Asgard 2 tames the brightness.  What ohmage?

Man, this meet is gonna be so good it's giving me a hard on. 
biggrin.gif

My DT880s have never sounded warmer. Asgard 2 is definitely a warm sounding headphone amp but doesn't sacrifice detail that the DT880s are known for. Bass impact is much more impressive, while not quite basshead quantity, the quality of bass is very noticeable.

I have 250ohm DT880s. I love them despite the myth that the 600ohm are better which isn't true at all.

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #219 of 665
Curious, as i live across the street, and since it will be my first meet i have a couple questions? 

Is this a meet where i maybe bring a portable source and get to try out all of these wonderful products? 
As a spectator, do i bring nothing ? lol 
Excited to go to a audiophile meet ! i lovve high quality sounds but usually never have the pocketbook to satisfy it 

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #221 of 665
Quote:
Curious, as i live across the street, and since it will be my first meet i have a couple questions? 

Is this a meet where i maybe bring a portable source and get to try out all of these wonderful products? 
Excited to go to a audiophile meet ! i lovve high quality sounds but usually never have the pocketbook to satisfy it 

Welcome! Please bring whatever you would like, there will be tons of stuff to audition in all categories. There are no spectators, this is a family!!

Jun 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #222 of 665
Quote:

Welcome! Please bring whatever you would like, there will be tons of stuff to audition in all categories. There are no spectators, this is a family!!

Damn straight.

A mighty fine one at that.

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #223 of 665
Quote:
Quote:

My DT880s have never sounded warmer. Asgard 2 is definitely a warm sounding headphone amp but doesn't sacrifice detail that the DT880s are known for. Bass impact is much more impressive, while not quite basshead quantity, the quality of bass is very noticeable.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.  Ima be looking for you at the meet for sure. 
smile.gif

Quote:

I have 250ohm DT880s. I love them despite the myth that the 600ohm are better which isn't true at all.

Hey, I had a 32-Ohm, which is supposed to be the worst of the bunch.  Didn't keep me from smiling when I listened to it. 

Quote:

They you must come!  We've got people coming down from SF - and flying in from all over the country for this.  It would be a SHAME if you missed it. 
smile.gif

Quote:

YES.  Bring your source, and maybe a range of interconnects, and you'll get to try out all kinds of headphones.  If your source has a line out, you're definitely going to want to try some amps as well.  Basically, BYOM (bring your own music) and then mind = blown.  AND you'll get to meet and talk to people who UNDERSTAND exactly why all of this is important to you.

Quote:

Well, if you've got something to share, definitely bring that as well.  Take a look at the first post when you get a chance, to see what everyone else is bringing.  If you've got something that isn't on the list, by all means bring it and share it. 
smile.gif

Quote:

That's one of the best parts of a meet.  The possibility of sampling gear ahead of time will help you make good purchases and avoid bad purchases (i.e. stuff that you don't like).

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #224 of 665
Hey all,

As someone who will be attending, I have 2 ideas to liven up the meet.

DJ spinning tunes whose signals are cabled to anyone who wants the signal. Anyone who is tapped in would be listening to the same thing, like a silent disco. People would take turns spinning whatever they wanted. Alternatively, we could have different genres segregated with different DJs and different signals to tap into.

Segregated BYOB booze room (with ID check) supplied with brandy snifters, tumblers, a fridge/cooler with ice, low tables, plush couches and shared signal ports.

Anyone else like this idea? If so, can we actually make this happen?

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #225 of 665
Quote:

DJ spinning tunes whose signals are cabled to anyone who wants the signal. Anyone who is tapped in would be listening to the same thing, like a silent disco. People would take turns spinning whatever they wanted. Alternatively, we could have different genres segregated with different DJs and different signals to tap into.

To my knowledge, there are at LEAST three DJs attending the meet, so this might actually he possible. 
smile.gif
  Depends on whether they feel like spinning that day though.

Quote:
Segregated BYOB booze room (with ID check) supplied with brandy snifters, tumblers, a fridge/cooler with ice, low tables, plush couches and shared signal ports.  Anyone else like this idea?

The degree to which I like this depends greatly upon (a) who is paying for said booze; and (b) who get's stuck with serving bouncer duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back