Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #2,927 of 3,817
  Well, I "Went Big" tonight, found a deal on a Violectric HPA v281. 
I'll keep you posted. Need to hunt down a balanced DAC now. 

Way to step up and consume! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #2,930 of 3,817
Then it's not a sacrifice...

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #2,933 of 3,817
  Quote:
I have HEK2 and the ECBA. Sounded quite lovely together. Absolutely holographic sound on the right material until one of the channels of the HEK2 went out:frowning2:. Waiting to hear back from HIFIMAN about how to make it right.

It is a sad news:frowning2:  Was it caused by ECBA? 
May I know more details about the "right material"?  I recently found some problems in direct output from CD-player.
I hope I could get a very good amp to best the direct-output from my CD-player.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #2,934 of 3,817
I wondered when someone would mention the Wharfedale headphone. I owned them driven by an Armstrong amp back in the 70s:smirk: I believe they claimed to be the first non electostatic planar headpbones.

So glad to end your wonderment... I had mentioned them before, in various threads etc.

Mine were driven by Armstrong 625 Receiver, off the Speaker2 output. Before that from a kit amp, the Texan 20+20W (Henry's Radio/Practical Wireless)

Thought that I had lost them in my divorce, but do wonder if I might stumble across them in a box in a dark corner.

:cool:

Mar 12, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #2,935 of 3,817
  It is a sad news:frowning2:  Was it caused by ECBA? 
May I know more details about the "right material"?  I recently found some problems in direct output from CD-player.
I hope I could get a very good amp to best the direct-output from my CD-player.

No, nothing to do with the ECBA. Just a loose connection on the right channel of the HEK2. Its on its way back to HIFIMAN, whom I am sure will make it right. By right material, I only meant that some recording, like choral pieces, some electronica etc, have an almost surround sound like quality. Other material like acoustic vocal sound great, but are not as immersive. Sorry if I caused any  confusion.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #2,936 of 3,817
I purchased a used HE1K V1. It was built somewhere in 2015 Oct I believe.

a) Can someone advised when HE1K was available for sale- I think it was mid Oct?

Hifiman carry the following on their products re warranty for second hand products  

b) Can anyone clarify if this is a new thing or is just a gimick? If anyone has any experience please advise

c) I did not get the booklet or cards with the HE1K but there are some numbers printed on cartoon box of HE1K. I checked my HE560 where I have the cartoon box and also the small cards/manual and I belive the card inside the box seems to be having the serial (and I find the same numbers printed on the cartoon box). Can someone please check and let me know which is the the serial number - all the printings are in Chinese so I cannot understand. Hifiman says if the item purchased from an authorised seller and if the serial number is known then they will honor warranty even if I do not have the original invoice to the second buyer. So I am just trying my luck as HE1K comes with 3 year warranty and I know that the unit was purchased originally from A2A in Australia and A2A is a authorised distributor

Thanks in advance

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,937 of 3,817
  I purchased a used HE1K V1. It was built somewhere in 2015 Oct I believe.

a) Can someone advised when HE1K was available for sale- I think it was mid Oct?

Hifiman carry the following on their products re warranty for second hand products  

b) Can anyone clarify if this is a new thing or is just a gimick? If anyone has any experience please advise

c) I did not get the booklet or cards with the HE1K but there are some numbers printed on cartoon box of HE1K. I checked my HE560 where I have the cartoon box and also the small cards/manual and I belive the card inside the box seems to be having the serial (and I find the same numbers printed on the cartoon box). Can someone please check and let me know which is the the serial number - all the printings are in Chinese so I cannot understand. Hifiman says if the item purchased from an authorised seller and if the serial number is known then they will honor warranty even if I do not have the original invoice to the second buyer. So I am just trying my luck as HE1K comes with 3 year warranty and I know that the unit was purchased originally from A2A in Australia and A2A is a authorised distributor

Thanks in advance

I bought my HE-1000 a couple of weeks ago, second hand from my dealer. One of the yolks was very loose and the ear cups weren't stiff, at all, so they just flopped about when put on a stand.

HiFiMAN honoured the 3 year warranty regardless of me being the 2nd owner or any cards, serial number or other stuff. There were zero questions asked, just an e-mail saying send them in and we'll fix them. They are currently at their factory being repaired. 

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #2,938 of 3,817
This is how the e-mail correspondence went. 

Alvin is the UK distributor for HiFiMAN.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #2,939 of 3,817

I bought my HE-1000 a couple of weeks ago, second hand from my dealer. One of the yolks was very loose and the ear cups weren't stiff, at all, so they just flopped about when put on a stand.

HiFiMAN honoured the 3 year warranty regardless of me being the 2nd owner or any cards, serial number or other stuff. There were zero questions asked, just an e-mail saying send them in and we'll fix them. They are currently at their factory being repaired. 

Thanks. But I purchased from an end user who is the original buyer of a new unit from an authorised seller in AU. In your case an authorised dealer requested the service on your behalf (and you bought second hand from authorised dealer) and I am sure A2A will not do it for me as I did not buy from them (at the end of the day they want more sales and I have not contract with A2A). So I will have to contact Hifiman direct and as per website require a serial number and my situation is different. As such I would kindly expect others to respond to my my specific questions. I can send a note to hifiman direct asking them where to find serial number and if the serial is printed on box as I do not have the card but thought of asking the community first rather than waiting for a response from China.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #2,940 of 3,817
  Thanks. But I purchased from an end user who is the original buyer of a new unit from an authorised seller in AU. In your case an authorised dealer requested the service on your behalf (and you bought second hand from authorised dealer) and I am sure A2A will not do it for me as I did not buy from them (at the end of the day they want more sales and I have not contract with A2A). So I will have to contact Hifiman direct and as per website require a serial number and my situation is different. As such I would kindly expect others to respond to my my specific questions. I can send a note to hifiman direct asking them where to find serial number and if the serial is printed on box as I do not have the card but thought of asking the community first rather than waiting for a response from China.

The distributor seemed quite nonchalant about the return, no unit is older than 3 years so it'll be covered by a warranty regardless of whoever buys it or the place of purchase. I'd contact HiFiMAN and A2A and see if either could be of help. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back