Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #2,941 of 3,817
Just noticed when I play some bass music a bit loud and then take the cans off the diaphram is vibrating very much
Is it normal?
The quality is not top notch
But The music amazing
I hope they don't break: I come from audezs

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #2,942 of 3,817
Just noticed when I play some bass music a bit loud and then take the cans off the diaphram is vibrating very much
Is it normal?
The quality is not top notch
But The music amazing
I hope they don't break: I come from audezs

I think it is physically impossibility for the diaphram *not* to vibrate a lot when playing bass heavy music loudly...

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2,944 of 3,817
Yes but try to take the headphone off from your head meanwhile the music is playing
It is vibrating much more then when you have in the head

How do you know? How do you see it on your head?!

Note also it will vibrate more off your head due to the lack of damping.

2 easy fixes either way. 1) don't play the music so loud and 2) don't take them off your head when the music is playing-I mean why would you anyway?

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #2,947 of 3,817
it is normal, when the cans are on your head the driver is "loaded" on the ear side (i.e. the acoustic resistance is higher), while if you take them off the driver is in free air and so it will move much more. and yes, potentially could be dangerous if the level is very high. suggestion: when you go to bath switch off the music 
biggrin.gif

PS it happens on every open cans, maybe with HEK is more evident given the very large membrane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back