Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #332 of 522

And I will bring Alpha Dogs if no one else here already is.

Which AD cable do you have? I have the 4-pin, so if you have the 1/4" then I'll bring my cable with me in case anyone wants to try the AD from a balanced source. Trying to contain the number of cans I'm bringing with me, though. :p

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #334 of 522
I'm going to copy AxelCloris. I seem to be having trouble selling my AD2000. If I still have it, I'll bring it to the meet and if anyone wants it, I'll take $350...or if someone wants my HE500 for $400 that'd be fine.

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #335 of 522
With callous disregard to promises made to the ChiUniFi crew, I have knowingly and in full possession of my faculties traded away the NAD VISO hp50 that I said I'd bring. Sorry! Still plan to bring the rest, but I was in need of a bassy IEM and exchanged it for a T-PEOS when a timely opportunity presented itself.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #336 of 522
I'll probably try to make my way down here.  Especially know it's close by.  Should be fun :p 

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #337 of 522
Does anyone know of a good solution to using multiple sources?  I'm essentially looking for a source selector, but I can't find any that don't look like cheap crap.  using a source selector goes against my philosophy of using as few links in the chain as possible, but it would be a nice thing to have, especially at a meet.  make comparing things even more fun.

so does anyone out there do anything like this?  or am I just being greedy?

Getting excited about the upcoming meet.  now the hard decision comes.  which music T shirt to wear??!!!!

Jun 11, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #338 of 522
  Does anyone know of a good solution to using multiple sources?  I'm essentially looking for a source selector, but I can't find any that don't look like cheap crap.  using a source selector goes against my philosophy of using as few links in the chain as possible, but it would be a nice thing to have, especially at a meet.  make comparing things even more fun.

Getting excited about the upcoming meet.  now the hard decision comes.  which music T shirt to wear??!!!!

http://www.goldpt.com/sw4.html is a nice looking one, but a touch expensive.  Decware used to make one as well.  I'm sure that there must be some pro oriented ones that are good quality but not audiophile priced.  I have a 2 source switch I can bring, but it is built into an Altoids tin so looks like cheap crap still :D

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #339 of 522

Keith, how many sources? I have a Creek passive preamp I bought maybe a decade ago that's sitting in a drawer...I could bring it and if you like it and want to keep it I would sell it super cheap...

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #340 of 522

I have this which I use for unbalanced connections.  It is essentially a line-level bus, all jacks are both inputs and outputs.  Very flexible and well made but not getting much use since I am running balanced now.  I can bring it if you want to try it.

Gotta say those Goldpoint selectors look nice!

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #341 of 522
As it turns out, I'll be arriving in Chicago the night before the meet to visit family. If I can get away, and I'm not zombified from the drive, I'd love to attend! It's been a few years since my last ChiUniFi.

If I am able to make it, I will bring the following-
Sennheiser HD 700 w/SPC cable, Darkvoice 3322 amp and HRT MSII+ DAC.

Jun 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #342 of 522
Be sure to take loads of pictures guys - there is never enough pics at these events, and good luck - 
beerchug.gif

I'd love to be there. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #343 of 522
  http://www.goldpt.com/sw4.html is a nice looking one, but a touch expensive.  Decware used to make one as well.  I'm sure that there must be some pro oriented ones that are good quality but not audiophile priced.  I have a 2 source switch I can bring, but it is built into an Altoids tin so looks like cheap crap still :D

Yes , that looks amazing.  But No.  I would however like to see your altoids switch.  I was considering cobbling something together if I have the parts here.

Keith, how many sources? I have a Creek passive preamp I bought maybe a decade ago that's sitting in a drawer...I could bring it and if you like it and want to keep it I would sell it super cheap...

right now I'm looking at 3 sources that I'd like to switch around.  Don't know anything about a creek passive.  sounds promising, especially for super cheap.  If you wouldn't mind bringing it for me to check out, that would be great.  what model is it?  I'll look it up.  

I have this which I use for unbalanced connections.  It is essentially a line-level bus, all jacks are both inputs and outputs.  Very flexible and well made but not getting much use since I am running balanced now.  I can bring it if you want to try it.

Gotta say those Goldpoint selectors look nice!

I was eyeing that on amazon and I'm not running balanced with my current amps.  I would like to see it.  I started to move away from it, as I read somewhere that it adds resistors in the signal path, but that may not be true.  looking for something as transparent as possible.

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #344 of 522
right now I'm looking at 3 sources that I'd like to switch around.  Don't know anything about a creek passive.  sounds promising, especially for super cheap.  If you wouldn't mind bringing it for me to check out, that would be great.  what model is it?  I'll look it up.  

It's a OBH-12. It sort of has three inputs as there are two line inputs and a tape input. I will bring it!

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #345 of 522

I was eyeing that on amazon and I'm not running balanced with my current amps.  I would like to see it.  I started to move away from it, as I read somewhere that it adds resistors in the signal path, but that may not be true.  looking for something as transparent as possible.

I will bring it and some cables, we can test it at the meet.  Documentation is unclear but it looks like about a 20 Ohm impedance so it might not do well with smaller stuff.  I was primarily using it with speakers, haven't done critical listening.

I am seriously thinking about that Goldpoint balanced switch, so maybe I can get that in time for the meet?

And yarghh, we made the front page !  Thanks Jude ( or whomever) !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back