Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #256 of 458
Is anyone bringing a WA5? I just emailed Woo Audio and they told me "Due to space constraints, we will not have WA5 on hand at the S.F."

But I really want to try one.

EDIT: Anyone with a K1000?

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #257 of 458
I was wondering if anyone is flying from Burbank Airport. My flight is at 8 am.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #258 of 458

Yes, definitely!  
smile.gif
  There's more than a reasonable chance that whichever HD 800S is there would be different from yours, in terms of burn-in, pad resilency, etc. so it may sound different from yours.

Alright, I'll plan to bring my own headphones.

Last couple questions:

1. Is there a procedure for bringing our own music to demo gear with if we don't own a DAP? I'd rather use music I'm familiar with and enjoy. I've got a playlist on Google Play and I'm planning to load it onto a flash drive as well in case Internet isn't available, not sure if there's anything else I can do to make it low hassle short of forcing myself to listen to Hotel California on repeat.

2. Generally, how much time do we have to demo a single setup before it becomes a problem for other meet attendees? I don't want to be that guy, so I'm going to try to consolidate my demo playlist as much as possible and arrive early.

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #260 of 458
  Alright, I'll plan to bring my own headphones.

Last couple questions:

1. Is there a procedure for bringing our own music to demo gear with if we don't own a DAP? I'd rather use music I'm familiar with and enjoy. I've got a playlist on Google Play and I'm planning to load it onto a flash drive as well in case Internet isn't available, not sure if there's anything else I can do to make it low hassle short of forcing myself to listen to Hotel California on repeat.

2. Generally, how much time do we have to demo a single setup before it becomes a problem for other meet attendees? I don't want to be that guy, so I'm going to try to consolidate my demo playlist as much as possible and arrive early.

1. Generally a trend I have been seeing is a lot of vendors have been using tidal so could always search for tracks you would like to listen to without having to load your flash drive. But more or less everyone should be fine with you just plugging in your flash drive if you ask. I have my dap I bring and I sometimes take out my microsd card and put it in another dap/laptop so I can listen to my own music of course with permission.

2. I try to take a few minutes but adjust if possibly there is a big number of folks behind me wanting also to listen. Sometimes I listen for a little bit and then take off the headphone to offer to others in line while I talk to the person behind the table about it. Other times maybe the table is a bit empty and I take a bit of extra time. The community is why I stick around personally and then the audio is second, so I like to talk lol!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 22, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #261 of 458
The community is why I stick around personally and then the audio is second, so I like to talk lol!

This is going to be my first time auditioning high end gear that I haven't already bought myself, so there's a lot I haven't tried before. Ideally I'll be able to form an opinion on as much stuff as possible to help with future purchase decisions, but I agree that building a community is important too. I'm planning to take my time going around to maximize my socializing. Thanks for the tips!

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #262 of 458
This is going to be my first time auditioning high end gear that I haven't already bought myself, so there's a lot I haven't tried before. Ideally I'll be able to form an opinion on as much stuff as possible to help with future purchase decisions, but I agree that building a community is important too. I'm planning to take my time going around to maximize my socializing. Thanks for the tips!

Awesome, hope you enjoy your first event to try the high end stuff 
biggrin.gif

Been going to headphone events for around 3 years now and time just flies for me.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 23, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #263 of 458
  Is anyone bringing a WA5? I just emailed Woo Audio and they told me "Due to space constraints, we will not have WA5 on hand at the S.F."

@mrspeakers usually brings a WA-5 to Canjams.  Not sure if he's attending SF meet or bringing the WA-5 if he is, but maybe...

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #264 of 458

AudioVisionSF on California Street + Polk has WA5-LE on display. They are also Abyss AB-1266 dealer so you can hear the amp on a power hungry hp. Please reach out to Antonio at AVSF to schedule an audition. 

p.s. they also have the WA234 MONO breaking-in for an event on 7/14.

Jun 23, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #266 of 458

Yes, we'll have our WA5 tricked out with RCA rectifiers, Royal Princess 300Bs, and probably some neat 7N7 total bottles for the gain stage.

Our preliminary gear list is pretty big.  We may have to par it down a few systems as we'll only have two tables and I don't think we'll be able to cram it all in...

Conventional:
WA5
Cavalli Liquid Crimson
Schiit Mjolnir 2 w MiniWatt tubes
AmsandSound
Linear Tube MicroZOTL

Stats:
Blue Hawaii with Siemens EL34 tubes

DACs:
Schiit Yggy
Schiit GMB
Auralic Vega

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 23, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #268 of 458
  Audio Vision S.F./Technics added to exhibitor list!

Well... I was absolutely going to show up.
Now I'm most certainly going to show up...
blink.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #269 of 458

Yes, we'll have our WA5 tricked out with RCA rectifiers, Royal Princess 300Bs, and probably some neat 7N7 total bottles for the gain stage.

Our preliminary gear list is pretty big.  We may have to par it down a few systems as we'll only have two tables and I don't think we'll be able to cram it all in...

Conventional:
WA5
Cavalli Liquid Crimson
Schiit Mjolnir 2 w MiniWatt tubes
AmsandSound
Linear Tube MicroZOTL

Stats:
Blue Hawaii with Siemens EL34 tubes

DACs:
Schiit Yggy
Schiit GMB
Auralic Vega

I'm very excited!!!!

I'm happy to donate some of my space....  this gear all looks nice.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #270 of 458
  1. Generally a trend I have been seeing is a lot of vendors have been using tidal so could always search for tracks you would like to listen to without having to load your flash drive. But more or less everyone should be fine with you just plugging in your flash drive if you ask. I have my dap I bring and I sometimes take out my microsd card and put it in another dap/laptop so I can listen to my own music of course with permission.

2. I try to take a few minutes but adjust if possibly there is a big number of folks behind me wanting also to listen. Sometimes I listen for a little bit and then take off the headphone to offer to others in line while I talk to the person behind the table about it. Other times maybe the table is a bit empty and I take a bit of extra time. The community is why I stick around personally and then the audio is second, so I like to talk lol!

It of course goes w/o saying, always ask gear owners before disconnecting/connecting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back