Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Sep 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #3,811 of 4,655
and he lectured me (imagine it, LECTURED BY A NON AUDIOPHILE) about saving money and not spending it on useless stuff like an 'mp3 player'.

And that player happened to be my beloved X5 strapped to my E12.

I got lectured by a Beats fanGIRL last time but it was when I first started, I have nothing to defend so I just walked away pretended she's right and now everyone calls me "Headphone master' because of a small tour on some of my IEMs around the school with my friends etc no more B**** talk :D [but it did created some unfriendly people who owns beats].

I still wish to test the new Beats range thought xD

David, try the TekFusion TwinWoofer. It's the bass that Beats offers except slightly better :)

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #3,812 of 4,655
@justaname, the FiiO X1 at 100 USD should appeal to u. It is a great and budget friendly way to get into DAPs.

@BillsonChang007 the beats solo 2 sound very refined, with a great new design. Only weaknesses are rolled off treble, slightly thick sounding lower mids and a closed in sound. But overall it is very relaxing and warm sounding

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #3,813 of 4,655
and he lectured me (imagine it, LECTURED BY A NON AUDIOPHILE) about saving money and not spending it on useless stuff like an 'mp3 player'.

That's rich.

I can't tell much of a difference between the sq of my note 3 with neutron music player, ipod touch 4g and my sansa clip+. Hope that my opinions aren't worth any less around these parts.

Having owned the X5, sansa clip zip, now the AK120 and random assortments of demos and such in the past, they really do make a difference. Though, it's not even close to the same difference as changing headphones. The AK120 I have now which sells for over $800 even on the used market is not the same quality increase per dollar ratio as going from $300 headphones to $800-900 headphones (such as HD598 to HD800)

Though I found it significantly better in that the sound was cleaner, better imaging and soundstaging and slightly better tonality and balance.
But IMO sansa clip zip + ksc75 endgame is where it's at. XP

I got lectured by a Beats fanGIRL last time but it was when I first started, I have nothing to defend so I just walked away pretended she's right and now everyone calls me "Headphone master' because of a small tour on some of my IEMs around the school with my friends etc no more B**** talk :D [but it did created some unfriendly people who owns beats].

I still wish to test the new Beats range thought xD

David, try the TekFusion TwinWoofer. It's the bass that Beats offers except slightly better :)

I used to be quite the same way.
On another lesser quality forum I am referred to as a headphone god/master and lots of people there hate me because they get called out by everyone for spouting their beats marketing BS.

As for real life I'm just well recognized as a hobbyist and most of my friends who own beats know they aren't by any measure real audiophile headphones.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #3,815 of 4,655
u are right in a way. single BA drivers are not known for bass eg sony XBA-10

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #3,817 of 4,655
Slightly off topic
I have my budget WoodTones ($100 and $64 off amazon), and I showed them to a beats user.
I had her compare them to the mixrs, and she liked the mixrs better.
I personally dislike the mixrs, but I guess your hearing does get a little messed up when you listen to maximum ******* volume!!!!!
I wonder how she would react to my V-Moda Crossfades M-100's that I'm getting soon.

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #3,818 of 4,655
i heard the beats mixr before. if she likes that, then she will never like the new solo 2. The beats mixr is so lifeless, lacking a ton of emotion and warmth, dynamics, and very congested. The beats solo 2 is the complete opposite of the mixr.

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #3,819 of 4,655
Maybe the beats mixr's needed more burn-in/better amp synergy/high quality source :D

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #3,820 of 4,655
lol. they were also super uncomfortable and had like no isolation

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,821 of 4,655
Oh, I forgot to mention how she tried out my Wooden boxes.
She put them on.
Maybe a second later, she took them off.
What an amazing test.
Also, I'm going a bit off topic here, but can someone pm me and tell me how to balance out the EQ on the M-100's?  I want to make music one FL Studio, and I don't want everything I make to sound extremely dull.

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #3,822 of 4,655

That's like a patient lecturing a brain surgeon about how to operate on him.
Or
A 4 year old telling a computer hardware engineer you can download RAM.

Sep 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #3,824 of 4,655
Food for thought. Rather than show people you guys hundred and thousand dollar setups to convert people, why not just keep like a KSC75 or PX100 around? When they ask just hand it to them and say "Choose a song". 10-50 dollars is a lot easier than 150+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back