NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables
Apr 9, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #17 of 207
I see it's been a while since you asked. If you buy from Treoo you can choose TF10 connectors. Just click on a cable and then you will have to choose plug, insulation colour, connectors and length.

May 13, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #18 of 207
Got my hydra 4-conductor. Quality is top-notch and the value is unbelievable!
Using it with XBA-H3, treble is more resolving and the vocal does shine. Love the cable flexibility, almost on-par with twag cable and oh! no microphonic.
Excellent customer service from NocAudio as well!

May 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #19 of 207
I recently got the ATH-IM70 and I'm hoping Nocturnal will be able to get the connector for it since Audio Technica is using some kind of proprietary recessed connector :/ the hydra would really likely be highly suited for this pair imo haha

May 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 207
I'd love to know more about these cables and how they compare ergonomically the some cables from the likes of double helix and plussound

May 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #21 of 207
  Got my hydra 4-conductor. Quality is top-notch and the value is unbelievable!
Using it with XBA-H3, treble is more resolving and the vocal does shine. Love the cable flexibility, almost on-par with twag cable and oh! no microphonic.
Excellent customer service from NocAudio as well!

Cant quite tell from the picture. Are the silver and copper separate in different wires or is there both silver and copper in each strand of wire?

May 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #23 of 207
I love my Hydra 8 with my Aurisonic.   Definately smoothed out the mids, clarified the mids and highs, tightened the bass, actually made it sound like a Aurisonic 2.5 or 3 compared to the AS2.   I actually can turn down the volume a bit on my player, as the sound is so much clearer/brighter.  

I will say for those who haven't read my comments on Eke's ASG-2 comparison thread that while the options I picked for my cable on the Treoo's site were correct, I still had to shave the connector down about 2mm to fit the AS2 custom socket.(and it wasn't just a wipe of sandpaper, without my dremmel tool it would have been extremely time consuming to sand down).     Nocturnal and Treoo were given my feedback and appeared open to doing whatever they could to assist future purchasers of the cable.   

May 16, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #24 of 207

Cant quite tell from the picture. Are the silver and copper separate in different wires or is there both silver and copper in each strand of wire?

Copper and silver in one strand of wire
wink.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=615169208532809&set=pb.529825293733868.-2207520000.1400242500.&type=3&theater

so your's is different from the one shown here? It looks to me like this one is silver and copper in separate strands.

Also the cable's not litz is it?

May 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #25 of 207

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=615169208532809&set=pb.529825293733868.-2207520000.1400242500.&type=3&theater

so your's is different from the one shown here? It looks to me like this one is silver and copper in separate strands.

Also the cable's not litz is it?

Apparently mine looks different where the copper and silver are mixed in one strand. I'll confirm about this with NocAudio.
it is litz-wired by the way.

May 22, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #28 of 207
  Apparently mine looks different where the copper and silver are mixed in one strand. I'll confirm about this with NocAudio.
it is litz-wired by the way.

Dear Frekedech and friends, 

I think i need to clear up somethings. 

1. It is not a litz-wired cable, i did however separately insulated the copper and silver present in a single wire.

2. Frekedech had gotten the improved version of the 4 core hybrid cable. NocturnaL cable will be using this configuration from now onwards. :)

3. NocturnaL Audio is still a growing and realatively new company, thus we are very welcomed if you have any feedbacks or suggestion and we would definitely try our best to work out something that suit you best.

Cheers and have a nice day ahead,
Zack 

May 22, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #29 of 207
I've decided to give nocturnaL a try and I've ordered the acrux 4 wire silver cable. Interested in seeing how it performs!

May 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #30 of 207
  Dear Frekedech and friends, 

I think i need to clear up somethings. 

1. It is not a litz-wired cable, i did however separately insulated the copper and silver present in a single wire.

2. Frekedech had gotten the improved version of the 4 core hybrid cable. NocturnaL cable will be using this configuration from now onwards. :)

3. NocturnaL Audio is still a growing and realatively new company, thus we are very welcomed if you have any feedbacks or suggestion and we would definitely try our best to work out something that suit you best.

Cheers and have a nice day ahead,
Zack 

Hey Zack, is that you who was answering my emails back then? 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for clarifying. I like the new configurations anyway and that's surprising they are separately insulated while remains this flexible. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back