New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Apr 6, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #166 of 319
I have experienced no cellular noise from my iPhone when used with the HA-P50. I have had no problems with the unit. I will say that the sound is a little less rich than what I get from my Cayin C5, which is a more powerful amp (no DAC). It would be nice if the TEAC had a bass boost, but it does not. Particularly at the price I paid ($199) I think it's a good piece of gear.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #167 of 319
I've just installed Android 5 Lollipop and the Teac DAC  doesn't Work. I've verified the TEAC Web but there aren't new firmwares.
My phone is Galaxy S4 i9505. 

Any experience whith Lollipop and the TEAC?

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #169 of 319
Do these Android devices work with the Teac HA-P50
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/5145#post_10762672

via "A", iPod/iPhone/iPad/Android connection port (only 16/44.1 playback):
Android device >> regular USB cable >> "A" > Teac HA-P50 >> headphones
or 
via "B", computer connection port (24/96 playback possible using USB Audio Player PRO app)?
Android device >> USB OTG cable >> "B" > Teac HA-P50 >> headphones or
Android device >> USB OTG adapter + regular USB cable >> "B" > Teac HA-P50 >> headphones 

Thanks

I only used the A port, with the stock regular mini usb to usb cable that I found in the Teac box.
It looks like a standard usb cable.
It should work also with an otg cable too connected to the B port, but in that case the Android device will be charging the Teac.

I’ve bought the Teac Ha-p50 and I ‘am happy with the sound quality.
When I connect my Galaxy S4 the Teac charges the Phone.
The problem is when I use with battery because the phone drains the battery of the Teac. It’s not an issue if the phone is full charged or at 90%...
In this situation I can Hear music for more than 4 hours and I finish with the phone at 100% and the Teac at 0%.

I guess I could live with carrying my 3.5" x 2.0" x .625" external battery and a OTG Y cable. Since I can remove & replace my phone's battery, I'd probably do that first... 30 secs to skip the bulk of the external batt.

But something even simpler occurred to me, something I'm sure others have thought of. Android devices give us the choice of using the Teac's A port, which drains the Teac in favor of the player, or using its B port, which drains the player in favor of the Teac, right?

If we did one and then the other, we'd have access to the full power stored in both devices.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #170 of 319
Apr 26, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #172 of 319
This has a terrible UI, is a brick, but sounds good.

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #174 of 319

You don't like the volume knob and the gain switch?

(I wonder if you were thinking the about the GUI on the HA-P90sd DAP?)

Yep - I'm in the wrong thread! Carry on, sorry for the interruption.

May 1, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #175 of 319
According to the source linked below the P50 is more neutral/balanced while the HA200 is richer/bassier.

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.e-zone.com.hk/channelnews.php%3Fid%3D1172&prev=search

May 1, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #176 of 319
  According to the source linked below the P50 is more neutral/balanced while the HA200 is richer/bassier.

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.e-zone.com.hk/channelnews.php%3Fid%3D1172&prev=search

I think I'd agree with that.

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #177 of 319
My android device is charging while doing audio usb, does anyone found a solution for that? Becouse like that it is unacceptable.
Maybe this other output (micro usb) - can't test it since I dont have usb otg cable..?

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #178 of 319
My android device is charging while doing audio usb, does anyone found a solution for that? Becouse like that it is unacceptable.
Maybe this other output (micro usb) - can't test it since I dont have usb otg cable..?

With Otg cable, is just the oposite: the phone charge the Dac . This isn't a problem of the Teac because with Iphone does't hapend. I my case I prefer this behavior because I use it plugued in Ac. The only solutión is the use of Y-cable and external battery.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #179 of 319
With Otg cable, is just the oposite: the phone charge the Dac . This isn't a problem of the Teac because with Iphone does't hapend. I my case I prefer this behavior because I use it plugued in Ac. The only solutión is the use of Y-cable and external battery.

Yeah tried that today already, it's like you saying.
What a sh1tty construction!
Sending it back, since I won't be running with 3rd device around (power bank).
Gonna try denon da10, should work properly...

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #180 of 319
This is a great but underrated amp/dac. It sounds really clean, clear and punchy. I paired it with my iPod classic and my Fiio X3 second gen. I used V-Moda M100, Sony XBA-H3 and Philips Fidelio X2 with it and pairs really well with any headphone I use. Compared to my Fiio E12, this is hand down a better sounding amp. I am actually planning to buy another one so I don't have to remove it from one DAP to another. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back