New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Mar 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #151 of 319
  Thanks. Got confused by an earlier post that the person only got it to work using the player app. Turns out he did not set it as default audio out in the control panel.

I saw that too. In fact with the latest firmware mine will set itself as the default audio device automatically upon connecting. I've played Diablo 3 while listening to foobar2000 or streaming music from youtube/songza (firefox).

Mar 13, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #152 of 319
  I’ve bought the Teac Ha-p50 and I ‘am happy with the sound quality.
It’s no possible to equalize in windows 8 but the apps have their own equalizer except Spotify. I’ve found the plugin Equalfy equalizer for spotify that works very well.
When I connect my Galaxy S4 the Teac charges the Phone. It’s very good when I plug the charger at the same time because it charges both. The problem is when I use with battery because the phone drains the battery of the Teac. It’s not an issue if the phone is full charged or at 90% because it not need to charge or  charge or a little for  going from 90% to 100% and maintain the 100%. In this situation I can Hear music for more than 4 hours and I finish with the phone at 100% and the Teac at 0%.
An issue that I don’t know if it is a problem of the phone or Teac is that sometimes the sound get off and the phone continue playing, after 15 seconds the sound continue. This problem happens in a period of about one Hour ¿Have anybody this issue with Android?

I don’t know why but now I haven’t interruptions of the sound in Android. It happens only the first days.

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #153 of 319
  I don’t know why but now I haven’t interruptions of the sound in Android. It happens only the first days.

I did notice the amp is charging the phone. I can see how this is not ideal in certain situations. Maybe they will address it in a future firmware update. If you have not, try upgrading to the latest firmware (currently v1.24) here. See the release notes PDF document for instructions on upgrading firmware.I have not experienced audio interruptions in Android but most of my testing has been on Windows so far. I am currently running firmware 1.24.

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #154 of 319
Search earlier posts. Teac have replied that there's nothing they can do about the charging on Android due to the android implementation of the OTG protocol like they can for iDevices (which the Teac won't charge).

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #155 of 319

I did notice the amp is charging the phone. I can see how this is not ideal in certain situations. Maybe they will address it in a future firmware update. If you have not, try upgrading to the latest firmware (currently v1.24) here. See the release notes PDF document for instructions on upgrading firmware.I have not experienced audio interruptions in Android but most of my testing has been on Windows so far. I am currently running firmware 1.24.

Yes, there are situations that we need that the phone don't charge for example walking but if we have the possibility to plug a charger it is good because the two devices charge to 100%.  In my case is most important the second option because I use at work in my desk.
I test an Otg cable and the phone charges the Teac but if we plug a charger, it charges the Teac and doesn’t charge/discharge the phone.
I’ve ordered a y-cable to check if without charger the mobile and Teac  don’t charge.
I’ve installed the 1.24 firmware when I’ve received the device but days after I reinstalled the same version. Maybe the first install haven’t worked well. Now I haven’t issues.

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #156 of 319
  Search earlier posts. Teac have replied that there's nothing they can do about the charging on Android due to the android implementation of the OTG protocol like they can for iDevices (which the Teac won't charge).

Yes I’ve read but there are other threads in other webs that say that depending on a resistor in the cable the phone charges or not. I don’t understand very well and I don’t know if this cable is available.
Next week I’ll try with a y-cable and I  will comment my impressions.

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #158 of 319
  Yes, there are situations that we need that the phone don't charge for example walking but if we have the possibility to plug a charger it is good because the two devices charge to 100%.  In my case is most important the second option because I use at work in my desk.
I test an Otg cable and the phone charges the Teac but if we plug a charger, it charges the Teac and doesn’t charge/discharge the phone.
I’ve ordered a y-cable to check if without charger the mobile and Teac  don’t charge.
I’ve installed the 1.24 firmware when I’ve received the device but days after I reinstalled the same version. Maybe the first install haven’t worked well. Now I haven’t issues.

Yes for Micro USB cables some charge only, some sync and charge. Not sure if some sync data only (no power pins). That would do the trick I think.

Quote:
  What about Sennheiser Momentum?

Is it good match with Teac HA-P50?

Any headphone will pair well as long as it's not really bass heavy like most Beats by Dre. Because there is a tad of bass boost in the amp.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #159 of 319

Yes for Micro USB cables some charge only, some sync and charge. Not sure if some sync data only (no power pins). That would do the trick I think.

Any headphone will pair well as long as it's not really bass heavy like most Beats by Dre. Because there is a tad of bass boost in the amp.

I read threads about cutting the power pins and don’t work, android need the power pins to sync data.

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #161 of 319
I’ve received the Y-cable to test if without an AC Charger, the two devices don’t charge and there is no difference with the standard cable: Teac charges the Galaxy S4.

I’ve tested pairing with the Tablet  Galaxy Note 10.1. In this case the Teac don’t charge the tablet like the Apple devices.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #162 of 319
  I’ve received the Y-cable to test if without an AC Charger, the two devices don’t charge and there is no difference with the standard cable: Teac charges the Galaxy S4.

I’ve tested pairing with the Tablet  Galaxy Note 10.1. In this case the Teac don’t charge the tablet like the Apple devices.

Tablets require more power to charge, usually 2 amps or more. The TEAC USB output is likely not enough to charge them. The only other work around would be to find an app in Android that allows disabling USB charging. This is just a suggestion I have not tested this. It could be that doing so would also disable functionality completely. Some Apps may require root privelege to do it. Simply search "usb charge" in the play store. "Mobius USB Tools" might work. Again, I have not tested this, do it at your own risk.

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #163 of 319
Hello,

I purchased an HA--P50 not long ago, because the price was cut by $100 and the device accepts digital input from my iPhone 5c directly through the Apple lightning connector. This means the DAC actually functions, and the process seems better than double-amping via an analog connection through the headphone jack, though I can't swear I can tell the difference in most instances. 

I have been happy with the TEAC just playing crappy AAC itunes files (mostly EDM) and some Apple Lossless files I have ripped from cd's. But in using the TEAC music app, mostly as a way to EQ, I have become curious about taking the plunge into higher-res audio. Supposedly the device can decode and amplify 24/96 music files.have none currently, so I went about looking for sources of high-res files. There are, of course, various file formats out there. In looking at the TEAC literature, I understand that the HA-P50 can handle DSD and PCM files.

This threw me a bit. What does this translate to in terms of music files that I can download online and load onto my iPhone?  This is the part where I feel stupid, not being sufficiently versed in musical file format 101. 

Thanks for any answers,
Nagus

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #164 of 319
Ok I figured out that the TEAC plays all the usual higher res files. Tempest in a teapot.

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #165 of 319
After reading all the good words about this dac/amp, im about to buy one.
Im just interested to hear, if any have problems with"ccellular noise" when strapped to a iPhone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back