New SMD take on the Mint, redesigned PCB
Oct 23, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #76 of 84
I just placed an order with Olimex for PCBs, gonna be getting 14 of them for ~$45 shipped, and they should arrive in a couple weeks, I am pretty excited. Blueworm, I hope you are right, I just sent the e-mail from my college address, which is a .edu, but I wonder what the managers at McD would say when they got the phone bill and saw a fax to Bulgeria included.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #77 of 84
Did a couple variations, due to lack of buffers, let me know what you all think. I will be getting a small number of these too.
Buffers: BUF634u+OPA551
cemmbeta11-groundplaned.png

Buffers: Intersil HA5002
cemmbeta11-ground-HA.png

Oct 29, 2005 at 10:40 AM Post #78 of 84
Cetoole: BUF634 in SMD are now available again at RS Electronics here in Merrie Olde, so they should be stocked by US vendors very soon. (Newark is however listing a lead time of 60 days).

Nov 27, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #79 of 84
Boards are due sometime this week, and I have been looking some more at the layout, and made a couple (relatively) minor changes, caps are now 8mm diameter, so for 10v Panasonic FM, quad 470uf caps fit nicely, definitly should be worth the extra 3mm length I feel. Also added a fuse, redid some traces, and a couple other minor things.
CEMMBeta13-gnd-render.png

CEMMBeta13-gnd-render-back.png

cemmbeta13-gnd.png

Intersil HA5002 Buffers
cemmbeta13-gnd-intersil.png

Dec 9, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #83 of 84
Your boards look very nice! I'm sure you'll already be doing this, but please post pics of your completed build and let us know how the completed boards sound. BTW -- I'm still interested in a few boards if you decide to let some go
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #84 of 84
Just tried the fit of the pcb in the case, I dont have the parts yet unfortunatly to build an amp, but I do see another small change I have already made, increasing the board width just a bit so the pcb is always in the rails, and has enough space for stability.
CEMMpot.jpg

CEMMwidth.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back