New SMD take on the Mint, redesigned PCB
Oct 7, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #61 of 84
Just playing around here:
CEMMRender.png

CEMMRenderBottom.png

Alf: Yeah, I see what you mean now about the issues with virtual ground, that looks like it will take a decent amount of board space to fix.

Oct 7, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #62 of 84
The new USBDAC coming up has a buf634 to drive the 'virtual ground' supply for using with a pimeta off the same single supply, that would work well with this and if you count on the DAC having it built in you can leave it off this board

Oct 9, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #63 of 84
I was about to order boards right now, but then I checked Sparkfun, and saw this:
Quote:

The PCB service is now frozen. No, not canceled, just frozen. We are launching a new site in the next 3 weeks. If you have an outstanding order, please email protopcb@sparkfun.com to find out the status. We will be happy to service all open orders, but no new ones can be placed until the new website is ready.

I'm not really happy, I had everything ready, passing all DRC tests, passing Sparkfun's tests, and all of the files generated. I also added pads for optional bypassing of the PSU electrolytic caps directly, and did work on the silk screen.
CEMMBeta10silktop.png

CEMMBeta10silkbottom.png

Oct 10, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #64 of 84
Not quite sure if this has been brought up before but...

Is that enough of a clearance on either side of the board to fit in the Hammond case rails without a problem? The BUFs and R8L looks like it's barely cutting it.

Oct 11, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #65 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by doobooloo
Not quite sure if this has been brought up before but...

Is that enough of a clearance on either side of the board to fit in the Hammond case rails without a problem? The BUFs and R8L looks like it's barely cutting it.

Its really close, the rails, from one side to the other, have slightly more than 47mm between them. The total amp is 48.26mm and the extremes for the components are 46.863mm wide It will fit, but I would suggest maybe using some insulating conformal coating or something on some of the extreme components. The hole for the pot will have to be drilled to very tight specs.

Oct 16, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #67 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
Any update on the status of the boards order?

he said fronzen for 3 week, so we probably have to wait for another half month
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #68 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo9
he said fronzen for 3 week, so we probably have to wait for another half month
rolleyes.gif

Actually, I am gonna be going with Olimex, 14 boards for $45 shipped, just been reading their information, checking there testing information, I wanna be sure that there are no issues before shelling out the cash. I should order in a day or two, I might actually get to it tonight.

Oct 17, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #69 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole
Actually, I am gonna be going with Olimex, 14 boards for $45 shipped, just been reading their information, checking there testing information, I wanna be sure that there are no issues before shelling out the cash. I should order in a day or two, I might actually get to it tonight.

Are these a pre production for testing?

How much do you think it will cost to populate one of these boards, excluding the amps and buffers,which I already have?

And just one question, is the chematic for this board tangent's one, or are there any changes?

Oct 17, 2005 at 9:12 AM Post #70 of 84
Quote:

Are these a pre production for testing?

pretty much, though there isnt going to be any real production. we're not getting into the commercial amp biz here.

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #71 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
pretty much, though there isnt going to be any real production. we're not getting into the commercial amp biz here.

I understand that, but my question is: are you just oing to order these 14 boards and thats it, or are you ordering these, and after that you will do a group buy or order a bigger quantity?

if you are only ordering these 14 boards, are they all sold out? i would be interested in one of them. ( I know that this is not a group buy thread, but I had to as this before the boards were ordered)

Manuel

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #72 of 84
Quote:

I understand that, but my question is: are you just oing to order these 14 boards and thats it, or are you ordering these, and after that you will do a group buy or order a bigger quantity?

if you are only ordering these 14 boards, are they all sold out? i would be interested in one of them. ( I know that this is not a group buy thread, but I had to as this before the boards were ordered)

Manuel

My plan was to do a group buy if there was interest, and already, eventhough I havnt ordered the betas yet, I have had several PM/email requests, for probably 20 boards so far. I guess I better shoot Rick another PM...

Oct 19, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #73 of 84
Attached is a preliminary BOM, just some parts that I feel should work well. By no means are these the only parts that would work, nor are they necessarily the best prices. Its silly, Olimex requires that the order be faxed in, I dont really have a great way to do this, why cant they accept e-mail orders?

Oct 19, 2005 at 12:04 PM Post #75 of 84
What olimex requires is that your email address is an ISP address not a generic anoymous: hotmail.com; yahoo.com etc...
I placed my order on 6th of october by e-mail.
I have just received a shipment from them. Very fast and good service.
I did a "plot a go" since I'm too newb to understand how to get drc checks to work on 'pcb' (gnu/linux pcb cad program).
Anyhow I checked my gerbers very carefully by eye and ran with it (At my own risk).
The pcb's seem perfect so I am very happy.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back