New Sennheiser Headphone - HD800
Dec 11, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #136 of 183
With all the requests for a higher end Senn... the HD650 has set a pretty high bar.

Will be interesting to see if they can beat it with another Dynamic headphone.

As an aside, I thought they were working on a new electrostatic headphone, not a dynamic one?

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #137 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amm, will it be a dynamic one? Or an elctrostatic ? And any info about it else than price ???

You can read that from the model name, when knowing this:
HE = Headphone Electrostatic
HD = headphone Dynamic

So sadly its dynamic!
frown.gif

I sure hope they have a new HE phone up their sleeve as well. Its about time...

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #139 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm.. I guess those people who called a rumour on me can... SUCK IT.

sorry, I guess I myself would've been a little skeptical as well.

popcorn.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #140 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
23.jpg

Link 1
Link 2
Supposedly the leaked photo of the HD800.
The article claims hd800 will be available in 3 variants. HD800 BLACK、HD800 SILVER at 1200 euros and HD800 AMPLIFIER SET at 2700 euros. Both articles did mention the release date to be 2nd half 2008 though.

That just ugly, Look like something you would see in a SCi-Fi movie. Also look like it will hurt your ears with the design. other then its price, I cant picture that on my head without the pain on my ears.

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #142 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, do I need to save 1000$ now ?
wink.gif

Better yet: ~$1300. As far as we know, it seems that $1000 ain't gettin' you nowhere, at least not up the HD800 alley
wink.gif

But we can assume falling street prices in the coming months. I'm not convinced that this is the final price they'll be going for.

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #143 of 183
I do not see how they could charge over 1000$ for this headphone, unless they made a really, REALLY, good dynamic headphone (R10 level or better).

If the sound quality is an incremental upgrade over the HD600/HD650, then I would expect retail prices to be in the 500 - 750$ range... tops.

But then again, I bet sennheiser has been working on their next upgrade for YEARS now. So I do expect what ever is next released (when ever that may be) will be better than the HD600/HD650. How much better, is yet to be seen, and is what will determine MSRP.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #146 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow great news, thank you for checking with them.
But my english or german isn't really good does introduced mean announced or released?

I figure more people don't understand a word German. Let me translate it:

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage und das Interesse an unseren Produkten. Wir
haben noch keine zur Veröffentlichung freigegebenen Informationen und
technischen Daten. HD 800 wird Im Jan. 2009 zunächst in den USA
vorgestellt. Wir bitten Sie noch um etwas Geduld, weitere Informationen
erhalten Sie
auf Anfrage von der für Sie zuständigen Sennheiser-Landesvertretung - hier
die Adresse: Blabla

Thank you for your question and interest in our products. We haven't given away any information or technical data. HD800 will be announced in January 2009 in the USA. We friendly ask you to wait a little longer, you can get more information from the for your country applying Sennheiserdesk (not translated but meh) - here is the address. Blabla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
January in EU exclusively, or NA as well? Also, did you ask them the MSRP? They should know the MSRP despite whatever NDA they have.

^^^ They haven't given any info. I also don't know if it can be bought in January. I guess not. At least it gets 'vorgestellt'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I call that confirmed. Great!
biggrin.gif

Now we can just speculate on what they will look like...

Yep, it's confirmed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm.. I guess those people who called a rumour on me can... SUCK IT.

sorry, I guess I myself would've been a little skeptical as well.

Welcome to head-fi!.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not see how they could charge over 1000$ for this headphone, unless they made a really, REALLY, good dynamic headphone (R10 level or better).

If the sound quality is an incremental upgrade over the HD600/HD650, then I would expect retail prices to be in the 500 - 750$ range... tops.

But then again, I bet sennheiser has been working on their next upgrade for YEARS now. So I do expect what ever is next released (when ever that may be) will be better than the HD600/HD650. How much better, is yet to be seen, and is what will determine MSRP.

That is only speculation. They haven't given out any information but those prices don't seem way off to me. The new Denons are very expensive and the GS1000 (which isn't exactly old) is also quite pricey.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #148 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is only speculation. They haven't given out any information but those prices don't seem way off to me. The new Denons are very expensive and the GS1000 (which isn't exactly old) is also quite pricey.

They have. Read my post, it's all in there...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5123361-post127.html

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #149 of 183
Small mistake:
Wir haben noch keine zur Veröffentlichung freigegebenen Informationen und
technischen Daten. = Literally means that they don't have any information or technical data that has been 'released' for the public.

Quote:

Originally Posted by big-ban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have. Read my post, it's all in there...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5123361-post127.html

Oh I'm sorry. Didn't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back