New Sennheiser Headphone - HD800
Dec 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #152 of 183
stop linking that fake image people! that was a photoshopped joke from last year.

i have to say, sennheiser chose an odd time to release their new TOTL dynamic headphone...not sure if they're going to like the sales figures.

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #153 of 183
Shahrose, you never know with the tooling, distribution, etc. when something will be finally done. They were probably shooting for 2008 holidays.

I'm in. I'll be putting aside part of the bonus for a pair. MSRP might be $1,300, but isn't the HD-650 MSRP $599? I think I paid $325 for mine a few years ago. I'd think street would be $900-$1,000.

A couple years back, Tyll said that Sennheiser was working on something new, and, if I recall, that it wasn't electrostatic or dynamic. We might be getting something closer to a K-340 or some type of planar. This is all rumor, but I'd love to see something truly different. That would also give them a reason to keep the HD-600 and HD-650 in production, as they should. I'll buy it either way - Sennheiser's flagships have always been exceptional.

Consider the other implications. One, there are going to be a ton of bargains here as people sell other gear to buy a HD-800. Two, this will leave AKG without a halo product. Could the K-1000 be resurrected again? They've brought it back before.

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #154 of 183
What about HD900 and HD1000 ?! 1000 seem a very nice number, maybe we will see it one day? Something that cost like 10,000$ but it is the BEST of the BEST out there (include amp and so on) ?
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #155 of 183
hd1000 is already out, its a vintage headphone.

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #156 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stop linking that fake image people! that was a photoshopped joke from last year.

i have to say, sennheiser chose an odd time to release their new TOTL dynamic headphone...not sure if they're going to like the sales figures.

good point last year during some show (was it CES?) there was so much speculation about a possible hd700 if they had released it a little later or even 6 months later who knows how much sales they would have racked up by now and it's not like they didn't have a lot of time, the hd-650 has been the "flagship" for so long.

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #157 of 183
Wonder if it will be just a minor tweaked HD650, or a completely new 'phone with different drivers, design and such.
Never had a Sennheiser, so depending what these end up like I might be in for a pair.
smile.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #158 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hd1000 is already out, its a vintage headphone.

ya..i got a guy selling it for $280 in singapore.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #159 of 183
I'd like to note here that I called up Sennheiser yesterday and asked about these headphones (HD-800).

Conversation:
"Hello, I've heard Sennheiser is going to release a new pair of headphones next year, something along the lines of HD-800s. If this is true, can you tell me about them?"

He kinda paused at this point and said, "We're not planning to release a new... hold on" At this point I sat on hold for a minute or two, then he came back and said, "We're not releasing any new headphones next year."

To me it seems like he went to go ask someone if he was allowed to say anything. I could be totally wrong on that, and he could have been telling me the truth.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #160 of 183
okay..let me try n call Asian regional office today.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #162 of 183
This is crazy funny people. The links in this thread are fail. The Sennheiser Worldwide website has no references to HD800 (or HD700) Call me silly, but don't large consumer electronics companies usually advertise and promote new products, and not launch them in secrecy. And this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to note here that I called up Sennheiser yesterday and asked about these headphones (HD-800).

Conversation:
"Hello, I've heard Sennheiser is going to release a new pair of headphones next year, something along the lines of HD-800s. If this is true, can you tell me about them?"

He kinda paused at this point and said, "We're not planning to release a new... hold on" At this point I sat on hold for a minute or two, then he came back and said, "We're not releasing any new headphones next year."

To me it seems like he went to go ask someone if he was allowed to say anything. I could be totally wrong on that, and he could have been telling me the truth.

is priceless. I bet that Senn rep had a gun to his head. Anyhoo, I gotta go. I'm going to meet a Sennheiser engineer in a dark parking garage. Will post pics.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #163 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet that Senn rep had a gun to his head. Anyhoo, I gotta go. I'm going to meet a Sennheiser engineer in a dark parking garage. Will post pics.

I called Sennheiser today and spoke to a sales rep. I asked if there was going to be a new model to supersede the HD650 and he said something about it being veiled in secrecy.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #164 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I called Sennheiser today and spoke to a sales rep. I asked if there was going to be a new model to supersede the HD650 and he said something about it being veiled in secrecy.

did he put emphasis on the word "veiled"?

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #165 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Conversation:

I wonder if deeza is from the US, another one asked sennheiser usa and it looked like they had no clue, we had to wait for someone asking directly to sennheiser Germany for the confirmation of the introduction of the hd800 in january.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back