New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 30, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #6,451 of 9,484
The Pass Labs 30A runs headphones nicely off the speaker taps too, especially the HE-6 obviously. Resident mad man preproman has that and the INT150 simultaneously right now to compare which is better with the HE-6 (and other headphones in his collection, HD800 and LCD 3f being the two others I can remember).

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #6,452 of 9,484
Apr 30, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #6,453 of 9,484
  So for those of you just starting up your jggys, do you hear an improvement in the ≈ 2-10hr time window since startup?

This is a repeating pattern I have noticed on many start up SQ curves.

JJ

I will never know as I spent the first three hours of power on time making measurements. No surprise there. The results will be posted somewhere on the internet. Now with 5 hrs on time I thought I might get a kick from trying my modded, non-speed balled Crack with the HD600. Ok, I'm impressed. Make no mistake, the differences are real and clearly audible even with this modest system. They just aren't in-your-face such as say, the bass, switching from an HD600 to a TH900. I would venture to say true digital vinyl has arrived, without surface noise, pops, ticks, wow or flutter. Amazing.

May 1, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #6,454 of 9,484
I will never know as I spent the first three hours of power on time making measurements. No surprise there. The results will be posted somewhere on the internet. Now with 5 hrs on time I thought I might get a kick from trying my modded, non-speed balled Crack with the HD600. Ok, I'm impressed. Make no mistake, the differences are real and clearly audible even with this modest system. They just aren't in-your-face such as say, the bass, switching from an HD600 to a TH900. I would venture to say true digital vinyl has arrived, without surface noise, pops, ticks, wow or flutter. Amazing.

Any comparisons to that VEGA of yours AtomicBob?

May 1, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #6,455 of 9,484

Any comparisons to that VEGA of yours AtomicBob?

Not yet. Trying to post results of the measurements made. I probably won't do a serious comparison until this weekend when I can really focus and give the attention due to such.

May 1, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #6,456 of 9,484
Not yet. Trying to post results of the measurements made. I probably won't do a serious comparison until this weekend when I can really focus and give the attention due to such.

Cool, yeah probably want to give the Ygg sufficient warmup time anyway. I'll be looking forward to your impressions, as I am very curious about the Yggy, just want to know how it compares with the VEGA.

May 1, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #6,457 of 9,484
  Thank you… yes, it doesn't suck, haha..

It's a GREAT system....those Wavacs are amazing.

Congrats on receiving your Yggy! Keep me posted on how it's doing. 

PS Can I have my Modi 2 Uber back now?
tongue.gif

May 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #6,458 of 9,484

It's a GREAT system....those Wavacs are amazing.

Congrats on receiving your Yggy! Keep me posted on how it's doing. 

PS Can I have my Modi 2 Uber back now?
tongue.gif

Dunno...

Maybe I'll build a server for my car w/ it, haha ! 
evil_smiley.gif

May 1, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #6,460 of 9,484

Cool, yeah probably want to give the Ygg sufficient warmup time anyway. I'll be looking forward to your impressions, as I am very curious about the Yggy, just want to know how it compares with the VEGA.

For those of you interested in technical measurements, check out this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/764787/yggdrasil-technical-measurements

May 1, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #6,461 of 9,484

Digital vinyl. huh?

That's saying something isn't it…

JJ

May 1, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #6,462 of 9,484
  My Yggy is to arrive Saturday. The Yggy is supposed to be a very high end dac and I would like an extremely good amp. I read the Ragnarok is a super amp from some, others say there is better for speakers at least. I am not sure this is welcome in this forum, but is there anything up to $7000 for an integrated that is anyone would recommend? I have considered a Hegel 160, an Arcam A49, a few pure class A amps, and even a used Accuphase e-600, but the reports were the Accuphase did not have a great headphone section. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'd look at the Emotiva XPA-1 and XPA-1L... as well as the Hypex nCore 400s.  (I have them and they are fabulous.)

May 1, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #6,463 of 9,484
Hmmmm not sure if it's a coincidence  but there's a Bob selling a vega on Canuck audio..... dumping it for a tube dac..

If the yggy is remotely close in giving incredible organic realism like my tube dac I'll seriously consider buying one for 2800 cdn (not including tax and shipping). So far my 2 channel presents live true to life vocal in my livingroom with tube dac and solid state amp.

I'm already considering on getting another custom made tube dac locally for my Burson Virtuoso and save about $1800cdn (cost of yggy would be about 3200 CDN to my door LOL!!). 

Hopefully my local headphone shop will be carrying the yggy for me to audition. They are already selling the vega for $4199 and it's a perfect opportunity to do a/b comparison. 

May 1, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #6,464 of 9,484
With a dac such as the Yggy, words like "good" and "great" aren't enough. Because a "great Yggy" - hype - placebo = Modi that is 2k over its price. I don't know, I just don't trust expensive dacs anymore lol. I doubt that dacs get "better" after the a certain price point, they just get different.

May 1, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #6,465 of 9,484
  With a dac such as the Yggy, words like "good" and "great" aren't enough. Because a "great Yggy" - hype - placebo = Modi that is 2k over its price. I don't know, I just don't trust expensive dacs anymore lol. I doubt that dacs get "better" after the a certain price point, they just get different.

I dont mind taking it off you =)

220V?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back