New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 30, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #6,436 of 9,484
Those look like killer speakers Negura !

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #6,437 of 9,484
  Late '13 quad core Mini w/ Mojo Audio PSU (killer) > AQ Diamond USB cable > Yggy > Coincident Linestage > Wavac 805M monos (55w SET) > Coincident Pure Reference Extrem speaker w/ optional stands-  Full loom of High Fidelity Ultimate cables- 

16.75 W x 32.25 L x 10ish H (sloped)

David

Wow!!! 
It is nice to see Yggy between all that Hi-End equipment!! Very well though indeed!! Let's see how the yggy responds to all that cream of the crop! 

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #6,439 of 9,484

Wow!!! 
It is nice to see Yggy between all that Hi-End equipment!! Very well though indeed!! Let's see how the yggy responds to all that cream of the crop! 

I have high hopes !  Had some early Theta goodies 'back in the day' when they were new, haha-

In only a couple hours the soundstage has widened…  so far so good 

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #6,440 of 9,484
  My Yggy is to arrive Saturday. The Yggy is supposed to be a very high end dac and I would like an extremely good amp. I read the Ragnarok is a super amp from some, others say there is better for speakers at least. I am not sure this is welcome in this forum, but is there anything up to $7000 for an integrated that is anyone would recommend? I have considered a Hegel 160, an Arcam A49, a few pure class A amps, and even a used Accuphase e-600, but the reports were the Accuphase did not have a great headphone section. Anyone have any thoughts?

I know the a49 very well, it's a very good amp. Laid back with a nice tone, not bright but very controlled with the bass. Would recommend with bright speakers to complement. Don't know the others.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #6,441 of 9,484
  My Yggy is to arrive Saturday. The Yggy is supposed to be a very high end dac and I would like an extremely good amp. I read the Ragnarok is a super amp from some, others say there is better for speakers at least. I am not sure this is welcome in this forum, but is there anything up to $7000 for an integrated that is anyone would recommend? I have considered a Hegel 160, an Arcam A49, a few pure class A amps, and even a used Accuphase e-600, but the reports were the Accuphase did not have a great headphone section. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hey Nick..

What speakers would you use the integrated w/ ?   Would you prefer it to have a headphone 'section' too ?

David

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #6,445 of 9,484
  Revel Performa3 F208's. Yes, I would like a headphone section. I am prepared to change my speakers though.

So the Revels, I've never heard… they're 88.5 db efficient at 8 ohms...

If you're into changing speakers, then you're wide open..

I guess you'd need to tell me more about what type of music you like, what size room, etc., etc…..

I'll try to give you guidance..

David

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #6,446 of 9,484
  So the Revels, I've never heard… they're 88.5 db efficient at 8 ohms...

If you're into changing speakers, then you're wide open..

I guess you'd need to tell me more about what type of music you like, what size room, etc., etc…..

I'll try to give you guidance..

David

20x16x8...everything but rap and hard heavy metal. I listen most to rock, soft rock and classical.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #6,447 of 9,484

Coincident Turbo 845SE.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,448 of 9,484

I would strongly recommend to search for an amplifier and a headphone amplifier seperately, especially within this budget you should get both on an extremely high level. A fantastic candidate for an integrated amplifier is the Pass Labs Int30A, and for headphone amps there are a plenty SS out there for 1000-2000$ (Auralic Taurus MKII, Audio GD Master 9, Violectric V281, to name only a few). And if you want to go further with your budget, you can have a look for the Eddie Current BA, which would be an excellent tube pre-amplifier and a wonderful combination with the Pass Labs (or, if you wouldn't need the pre-amplifier in the Pass you could also choose the x30).

I've done a plenty of research and trial listening, and I'm actually engineering a state of the art TOTL speaker with a friend of mine, and this is something I would go for (and I've already partially invested in).

Another excellent amplifier, if you are looking for tube amps, is the Line Magnetic LM518 IA, which is here in China 11500 RMB (around 2000$), which is supposed to be among the best tube amps in the world. The bigger model, LM219 IA is even a monster. For this tube amps you should have speakers with an efficiency of around 90dB plus, if you want them to be not limited in dynamics. However, several people have stated that with the amps I've posted you should even have no problems even with more inefficient speakers (as they have also 2x22W nominal).

A solid state monster is the Xindak A600E. Not class A, but around 10000 RMB, sold for 4000 Euro as Audreal in Europe and is supposed to drive almost every speaker to their high end limits (or at least your ears).

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Feuergeist

Edit: Not to forget Leben CS 300 or CS 600, but hard to get and then you really need highly efficient speakers. However, this are supposed to be excellent headphone amps and speaker amps.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #6,449 of 9,484

20x16x8...everything but rap and hard heavy metal. I listen most to rock, soft rock and classical.

Nice Nick !  You can do anything in that room !

Sent you a PM..

David

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #6,450 of 9,484
  Late '13 quad core Mini w/ Mojo Audio PSU (killer) > AQ Diamond USB cable > Yggy > Coincident Linestage > Wavac 805M monos (55w SET) > Coincident Pure Reference Extrem speaker w/ optional stands-  Full loom of High Fidelity Ultimate cables- 

16.75 W x 32.25 L x 10ish H (sloped)

David

Wow, now that's a nice set-up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back