NEW! Pioneer SE-MJ591 "Audiophile" headphones unboxing & impressions to come.
Jul 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #76 of 188
You know what's crazy, I *just now* saw the Spirit/P5/591 shoot-out.  Wouldn't even have known about it if I hadn't gone to YouTube on a whim.  Damn subscription notification system sux.

Yay, the 591 won! 
smile.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #78 of 188
Quote:
Yeah it will fit the 751 so I'll use it on that. It's a real shame Pioneer was so stupid to make the cable like that.

I don't have mood detection powers obv, but I get the distinct sense that you're pretty pissed off about that right? 

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #79 of 188
I don't have mood detection powers obv, but I get the distinct sense that you're pretty pissed off about that right? 

I'll get over it. :) I'm glad I have use for the Monster Cable and I didn't pay full retail for it.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #80 of 188
Yesterday i received the Pioneer 591 and i had the chance to test them for a while last night.
Excellent build quality  and very good sound. The look of these is classy and modern too and they seem to be very sturdy.

In comparison to the Beats Mixr the bass doesn't hit so hard but everything is more clear and balanced. The Bass is still there though.
I would say that the beats have a more fun signature where the Pioneer really shine with acoustic music.
As HIFIGUY wrote,there's something in the Pioneer's sound signature that really please the listener..i still have to discover what it is but it's there 
beyersmile.png

Pretty comfortable as well.

I'm going to keep these for sure,they are worth to be in my headphones collection and i guess they can become my primary choice on the go 
normal_smile .gif

@HIFIGuy I've seen your headphones shootout (Focal spirit one/P5/Pioneer 591)
I got very interested in the Focal Spirit one as i don't have any circumaural headphones.
Do you think they deserve a shot? I was thinking to add to my collection one between the new Harman/Kardon Classic on-ear and The Focal Spirit one (the Harman are not circumaural but i love the look).Still not sure which one of the two to pick (for me the most important thing is very little sound leakage,sound quality and look)

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #81 of 188
Quote:

@HIFIGuy I've seen your headphones shootout (Focal spirit one/P5/Pioneer 591)
I got very interested in the Focal Spirit one as i don't have any circumaural headphones.
Do you think they deserve a shot? I was thinking to add to my collection one between the new Harman/Kardon Classic on-ear and The Focal Spirit one (the Harman are not circumaural but i love the look).Still not sure which one of the two to pick (for me the most important thing is very little sound leakage,sound quality and look)

The Focal is worth auditioning.  I would also look at the Sony MDR-7520.   The Sony is slightly more money.

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #83 of 188
It's hard to say.  I love it for what it is, but I think that because it was tagged as audiophile cans, I expected more.  Probably sounds funny, but I carry three portables atm.  The 591 for warm mids, a K422 for the soundstage, and an HD 238 for clarity.  Yeah I know, I'me weird ass that way.  Most of the time is spent on the 591 though, as they are the only closed cans out of the three.

Et toi?  Did you find out something interesting?  Do the Klipschs kill it?  What's up bro, spill the beans...

EDIT, think I might have found a cable that might fit.  Will let you know when I receive/try it.

Jul 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #84 of 188
For portable, the VEKTR by Monster is pretty good and it has an in-line remote and it folds up. The comfort is about the same. The Pioneer is not as bassy as the, but the bass on the VEKTR isn't too boomy. I have to do some more comparisons. I have yet to give the Klipsch Image One some real ear time. Not enough personal time between work and wife and dogs.

I hope you will have good news for me on the cable.

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #85 of 188
Can anyone compare the isolation of the Pioneers to the HD25 or DT1350? I take the train every day and have found the HD25s suitable, not perfect, but great for a closed hp. If these are on the same level when it comes to blocking out sound color me more intrigued. Also how is the imaging/soundstage on these? Thanks in advance.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #86 of 188
Quote:
Can anyone compare the isolation of the Pioneers to the HD25 or DT1350? I take the train every day and have found the HD25s suitable, not perfect, but great for a closed hp. If these are on the same level when it comes to blocking out sound color me more intrigued. Also how is the imaging/soundstage on these? Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry, I don't have experience with either.

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #88 of 188
Quote:
For portable, the VEKTR by Monster is pretty good and it has an in-line remote and it folds up. The comfort is about the same. The Pioneer is not as bassy as the, but the bass on the VEKTR isn't too boomy. I have to do some more comparisons. I have yet to give the Klipsch Image One some real ear time. Not enough personal time between work and wife and dogs.

Ha, I knew it, you do have dogs!  But it looks so - so youthful.  I'm closer to 40 than any other number divisible by 10, so it might not be appropriate for someone my age.  Take your time, but I'd be interested to know what you think of the Klipschs whenever you get around to them.

Quote:
I hope you will have good news for me on the cable.

We'll see when I get it.  If it doesn't work, I think I've found an alternative here:  http://www.radtech.us/Products/Cablesvideo.aspx  Scroll down and find the cable show below.

As you can see by looking at the photo, it's basically just a dongle.  The entire housing around the plug is 5.7mm in diameter (under the required 6mm) so it should fit easily.  And since the entire length of the housing can fit inside the jack, shank length is not an issue.  Now, it's not a great cable in terms of quality, and It's gonna give it a Superlux-like look (i.e. "not very sexy") but it should at least fit. 

Quote:

Nope, sorry.  I don't have an HD 25 or a DT1350.  I can tell you that the isolation is pretty decent for a supraaural unit.  I use it on trains and buses and it is acceptable.  So while I haven't tried HD 25s, it seems our descriptions of both headphones' isolation seems similar.  As for the soundstage, they're quite intimate and not wide/open at all.  That's probably the one thing that I dislike the most about them.  I mean, I know they're closed cans so I'm not gonna expect much, but still...

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #89 of 188
Hmph, and here I am on the opposite end having owned/heard the HD25 and DT1350 but not the MJ591... 
frown.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #90 of 188
Quote:
Hmph, and here I am on the opposite end having owned/heard the HD25 and DT1350 but not the MJ591... 
frown.gif

So if roma101 were to pick up an MJ591, he would ::gasp:: know something you don't! 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back