NEW! Pioneer SE-MJ591 "Audiophile" headphones unboxing & impressions to come.
Jul 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #61 of 188
Quote:
Thanks warrenpchi!My pair should come today,i'm looking forward to test them and make a comparison with all my other cans  :) i'm thinking to buy a spare cable,i hope Hifiguy will tell us if the monster one would fit these!

No prob.  Believe it or not, I'm still somewhat ambiguous as to how I feel about these.  It's really quite strange.  On one hand, I'm thinking "hmm, these aren't all that and a bag of chips..."  But the other day, someone asked if I'd be willing to sell them, and I kid you not, the following thought flashed through my mind:  " yeah you can have them when you pry 'em from my cold dead ears."  I wish I knew enough to mod them a bit.  If the soundstage were just a little bit wider, and it had a bit more sparkle and brightness up top, I'd be thrilled.

Quote:
I've actually had the Beats Mixr for quite a while now..i would have never said but i like them!Not Audiophile at all but a fun sound signature that really please me and good isolation.A bit bassy and warm but not as much as the other beats or the bose (worst kind of sound,extremely muddy). At the beginning they were quite tight and uncomfortable but they got much better in time.At the moment I prefer them to my beyerdynamics DT1350 that sounds very analytic (someone is going to blame me for this..i know :))

There simply is no emoticon for this moment.

LOL, TBH I haven't spent a lot of time with the Mixrs so I wouldn't know.  And to be fair I have had some questionable cans in my youth (MDR-V150s - though it was the original one from the 80s and not the muddy mess they put out later).  Can't wait until your 591s arrive, you can add some fresh new impressions.  And maybe you and HiFiGuy can put up some 591 vs Mixr comparisons?

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #62 of 188
Quote:
LOL.... I needed to find out for myself if the Beats are really as bad as people say. From my short auditions at Best Buy, the MIXR is the best sounding of the Beats line. I will post the unboxing here. I've done a lot of research so I will let my viewers know how to ID a fake Beats MIXR.

Wait, so is this going to be your first time with Beats so to speak?  Okay, this'll be interesting.
popcorn.gif

I had the Studio and the SoloHD at one point, but returned both in a matter of weeks.  I tried getting into them, I really did, but the sound signature was just way too unnatural for my tastes.  And the crazy bass hump had a tendency to make just about everything else sound a bit blown out.  For the amount of money they're asking for, they are either crazy or evil... and I don't think they're crazy.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #63 of 188
they may not be audiophile headphones but people don't doubt my authority when I wear em' 
L3000.gif

For what it is worth - the other day I tried my friends pair of solo's and I thought they weren't all that bad.  I found them to be quite pleasant to listen to (perhaps I don't care about accuracy as much as I thought). 

All I know is I hate bass bloat, but I like bass.  I like the pioneers for everything they are and the things they aren't I'm willing to forgive.  They are near perfect portables and I would not hesitate to buy over any beats headphone (especially if they aren't monster)

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #64 of 188
Quote:
they may not be audiophile headphones but people don't doubt my authority when I wear em' 
L3000.gif

LOL.  Oh they're definitely not audiophile cans.  That's not a crime though, I'd wager that we all have a pair of fun basshead cans somewhere as a guilty pleasure (well maybe not those Grado guys on the other side of the forums). 

Quote:
L3000.gif

For what it is worth - the other day I tried my friends pair of solo's and I thought they weren't all that bad.  I found them to be quite pleasant to listen to (perhaps I don't care about accuracy as much as I thought). 

What does bother me is that they CLAIM to be the best thing since sliced bread - and the masses who have never heard anything better than ibuds just jump on that bandwagon.  Their marketing is not unlike cult recruitment.  If people like Beats for what they are, that's great, free country and all, no problem with that.  But when people blindly like Beats because they have yet to hear anything better, that's just Beats taking advantage of their ignorance for profit, which sux.

Quote:
All I know is I hate bass bloat, but I like bass.  I like the pioneers for everything they are and the things they aren't I'm willing to forgive.  They are near perfect portables and I would not hesitate to buy over any beats headphone (especially if they aren't monster)

I agree that for the most part Pioneer's getting it right when it comes to basshead cans.  The 721 is a great low-end offering, and the 751 kicks some serious ass.  Loads of rich bass without distortion and bloat.  And the more I think about it, the more I realize that the bass dial on the 751 is genius.  Real-time adjustment on-the-fly.  And- oh wait, we're supposed to be talking about the 591 right?  My bad.

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #67 of 188
Anyone care to hazard a guess?  I say they'll fit, but stick out a little bit as to not be perfectly flush.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #69 of 188
Haha, you have stuff shipped to the office too?  It's the safest and most convenient way really. 
smile.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #71 of 188
Quote:
My boss ask me if I was running a business here because I get so many packages. All three delivery companies knows me by first name basis. Hahaha.....

Hey it makes sense, you've got headphone guys, you'll obviously need a crew of shipping guys to transport them. 
smile.gif

Are you gonna do an unboxing vid just for the cable?  Or pretty much just rip it open off-camera?

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #74 of 188
You have a dog! 
smile.gif

Hmm, I'll bet it fits in the 751 though.  The shank for the 751's cable is much shorter.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #75 of 188
Yeah it will fit the 751 so I'll use it on that. It's a real shame Pioneer was so stupid to make the cable like that. Here's the OEM part number for the stock cable.
No price yet.

PART DETAILS - WDE1418

Users who are viewing this thread

Back