[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Oct 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #2,911 of 5,962
X1 is an unique can, to me it sounds like it has the sparkly treble of dt880, the tonal warm balance of hd600 in the mids and the soundstage of Q702 and more bass extension than all of them. It has a little unnatural balance to my ears but I like it
bigsmile_face.gif

All IMO of cuz 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #2,912 of 5,962
Sorry if my english is not good enough, i dont know how to write my opinion well enough, so it becomes a heated debate.
Again so sorry for the trouble. Mle and chico, no i dont have any complain with the ma900. I actually recommends it to some of my friends that are looking for comfy cheap cans.
What i meant is not for ma900 but for other cans. Imo if you want to praise some cans good part and compared to other, i think its better to discuss it on its own thread or multiple cans thread.
Once again i said, i have nothing against the ma900 or defending x1. I want to say for general cans.
I do not wish to continue this. I admit my mistake and sorry for all the disturbance. Just forget what i said and move on.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #2,913 of 5,962
If someone wants to praise and compare ma900, please make its own appreciation thread.
This thread is for the x1, not to appreciate the ma900.
Please respect the thread starter.
Sorry for being rude, but i just saying my opinion.

If you would have read my numerous posts recently in this thread I owned both headphones and feel like they are very comparable...price wise, spec wise etc etc. Sound wise they are very different though.

My initial complaints were about the fit of the X1 FOR ME, I even said I really liked how the X1 sounded and looked...still do. But, not being able to get a proper fit made it impossible for me to keep. I am almost certain someone else will come along and may be having a similar issue, me mentioning that I transitioned easily and actually prefer another headphone that is similarly priced cannot be perceived as a negative thing around here.

I never did "bash" the X1, in fact I praised it numerous times and foun the only negative again, was the fit for me. So why wouldn't I mention that I found a similarly priced headpone that ticks alot of the same boxes and happens to be the most comfortable headphone I have ever owned...and I have owned alot.

You are being rude and your "opinion" is unfounded.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #2,914 of 5,962
Sorry if i offend any of you here.

No offense, it's just your argument is confusing and honestly dumb.

Comparing headphones strength and weaknesses especially within price ranges is very important and what head-fi is about.

Now if this was all happening on a thread about some other headphone, then yes it is probably not the best venue.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,915 of 5,962

I'm pretty sure they have a version with a single button mic/remote that works with things that aren't iPhones. That could be useful if I bring the phones to work on days when there aren't many others around to be bothered by leaky cans.

I can pay for nice-looking things, so I'll probably order one of those V-Moda cables many like to talk about later.

I definitely noticed a positive change on the X1 when I popped a standard v-moda cable on, they are relatively cheap and well made.
Nice to have a couple around just to have if you ask me.

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2,916 of 5,962
If anyone has been wanting to try the X1's little brother, mine is up for sale.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684386/fs-philips-fidelio-l1

Well, I'm off to CanJam, hopefully I'll bring back some good pics for everyone :D

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #2,917 of 5,962

No offense, it's just your argument is confusing and honestly dumb.

Comparing headphones strength and weaknesses especially within price ranges is very important and what head-fi is about.

Now if this was all happening on a thread about some other headphone, then yes it is probably not the best venue.

Well, now you are being rude too. My English is not that good and maybe I can't speak my opinion as clearly as you guys. Maybe I said somewhere in a wrong way, so everyone are misunderstood and confused of what I really want to express.
I just want to say my opinion, I didn't force everyone to accept it. Feel free to ignore it if you want, I don't care.
I thought this is the whole idea of freedom of speech. If I can't state my opinion freely in this forum, then Headfi is not a good forum to discuss cans hobby.
I also got many complaints for the X1, I mentioned it earlier and you can check. I didn't find the X1 is the perfect one for me and certainly not the best one out there. At one moment, I did actually regret I didn't buy the hd650 or the At AD1000X. So I didn't favor the X1 over the MA900 or any other cans.
As I said before, I'm sorry for the heated off topic debate, forget what I said and please move on...

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #2,920 of 5,962
Folks from Philips say they're happy with the X1's sound, but are considering a revision with...replaceable pads!!

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #2,921 of 5,962
You're at the current CanJam I take it Ethan? That's great news. Go back to the Philip's stand and get them to change 'considering' to 'we definitely will'. Don't leave until they do
smile.gif
 Did you ask about the stock cable by any chance?

Thanks for posting this!

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #2,922 of 5,962
Can they revision the ones I received two days ago?

I like the pads, but... well, I perspire and things like that. I hear it's a human thing.

How are the pads for those who've had them for while?

Edit for weird idea: wouldn't it be technically possible to dry clean a pair of phones if you find an appropriate fluid?

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #2,923 of 5,962
You're at the current CanJam I take it Ethan? That's great news. Go back to the Philip's stand and get them to change 'considering' to 'we definitely will'. Don't leave until they do :smile:  Did you ask about the stock cable by any chance?

Thanks for posting this!

Ha yes, they didn't have any info about the cable. Unfortunately I can't stay here until they commit to the pads revision :)

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #2,924 of 5,962
  If anyone has been wanting to try the X1's little brother, mine is up for sale.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684386/fs-philips-fidelio-l1

Well, I'm off to CanJam, hopefully I'll bring back some good pics for everyone :D

Is the bass on the L1 as good as the X1?  Comfort as well? 

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #2,925 of 5,962
Is the bass on the L1 as good as the X1?  Comfort as well? 

Bass, especially sub bass, is a bit stronger on the L1. Makes sense since they sound 85% closed to me. Good isolation, not as comfortable as the X1 - I prefer the X1's headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back