[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Sep 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #2,821 of 5,962
  ^ Welp i got dem hoes from the $1 store and they have many variants, some are really thin some are thicker. Dem thicker hoes are much much better if you catch my drift.
wink.gif

I went to the $1 store and I think all they all they had were socks!   I tried to buy one that looks closest to what you used.

I also went to W-mart and their selection of hoes was overwhelming!  They came in all shapes, sizes, and colors.  Some of the were pretty pricey too. 
eek.gif

I''m going to cut up my $1 hoe and play around with it...

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #2,822 of 5,962

I went to the $1 store and I think all they all they had were socks!   I tried to buy one that looks closest to what you used.

I also went to W-mart and their selection of hoes was overwhelming!  They came in all shapes, sizes, and colors.  Some of the were pretty pricey too. 
eek.gif

I''m going to cut up my $1 hoe and play around with it...

^ LMAO indeed isn't it great to have so many choices??? Like a kid in a candy store. hoho

Yeah i would try out some cheap ones 1st so you can get your "feel" on than go for dem more pricey/ fancy ones once you are experienced so they wouldn't go to waste.  Ya' don't wanna waste your hard earn cash now so make the most of it.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2,823 of 5,962

Yeah, that was me.

I slightly prefer the K712s sound overal, and I like the deeper pads, slightly less intimate soundstage, and slightly less upper mids dryness. 

I prefer the looks on the Anniversary, but that's not a big factor for me.

Yea I figured since the difference between the two is so subjective, and neither is "clearly better" than the other, I'd go for the Anniversary instead.
Then later I could buy the K712 pads if I really wanted to haha.

Anyway.... $399 just disappeared from my wallet. Or appeared on my credit card.. however you want to put it.

x.x

Thanks for the help! *migrates to Annie thread*

Sep 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #2,824 of 5,962
  Let me go ahead and set you straight. I don't sell cables. I offered to build X1 cables for some guys here in the thread so I can practice. They chose the materials, they paid for them, and I built the cable. End of story. 

Just a note to everyone: We have rules regarding making products for others in our Terms of Service: http://head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service

If you are going to make items for people as an ongoing concern, then you'll be a Member of the Trade:

"Member of the Trade" includes (but is not limited to) manufacturers; individuals selling items he or she made for more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; individuals selling items acquired (or made by the individual and/or his associates) for the primary purpose of resale; individuals performing services (like modifications or any other service) for which the price charged is more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; dealers; distributors; manufacturer's representatives; importers; magazine and e-zine writers.

If anyone works for or gains profit of any kind related to audio gear, then you have to declare it to an admin. Failing to do so has gotten people banned and their business blacklisted in some cases. 

But basically, there is no problem with saying that you think someone's business is good, as long as you aren't getting a kick-back from saying so. If you think someone is shilling a company or product, please report the relevant post(s) and we'll look into it. otherwise, please don't derail the thread with this stuff, as it is off-topic. 

Please note that this is not up for discussion (unless you want to PM me and discuss it). Please get back on topic as I don't want to have to start locking people out of the thread to enforce this.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #2,825 of 5,962
I  can't get them to tuck into the inside corner.  They keep popping out.  I may have to settle for it just covering the top surface.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #2,826 of 5,962
  I  can't get it them tuck into the inside corner.  They keep popping out.  I may have to settle for it just covering the top surface.

Use the top flip piece of the nail clipper, that rounded end and stab it in that small gap real good. It takes some patience and elbow grease to slowing tuck it in. Slow and steady does the trick. Once you find the tiny gap it shouldn't be that bad.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #2,827 of 5,962
  Use the top flip piece of the nail clipper, that rounded end and stab it in that small gap real good. It takes some patience and elbow grease to slowing tuck it in. Slow and steady does the trick. Once you find the tiny gap it shouldn't be that bad.

Do you tuck it in sideways?  Like underneath the original pad?

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #2,828 of 5,962

Do you tuck it in sideways?  Like underneath the original pad?

No there is a little gap underneath the pads. Once you lift them up a bit you can see it, so you are not really tucking it under the pads in themselves. You" tuck", more like stab the sock into that thin gap with the nail clipper thing and it should say on pretty well.

edit: you gently stab it in whichever direction give you the best angle since you have to do this 360.

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #2,829 of 5,962
I'm so confused right now.  I know lots of "hoes" but most of them are more related miley than headphones.

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #2,830 of 5,962
Errr.. Slightly off topic, but here's a Philips Fidelio X1 question: Modmic - anybody use them with this headphone? Any issues with sound bleed from these open backs into what is basically a Omni directional microphone? Gaming and leisure use of course.

Any UK or even European suggestions for which cable get? The amp I'm after would mean the cable would have to have a full size headphone connector to the amp. Is that optimal for the X1?

Many thanks.

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2,831 of 5,962
  Errr.. Slightly off topic, but here's a  Philips Fidelio X1 question: Modmic - anybody use them with this headphone? Any issues with sound bleed from these open backs into what is basically a Omni  directional microphone? Gaming and leisure use of course.

Any UK or even European suggestions for which cable get? The amp I'm after would mean the cable would have to have a full size headphone connector to the amp. Is that optimal for the X1?

Many thanks.

I used the X1's with a modmic and there are no sound leak issues. In fact, I don't think any headphones, opened or closed, leak loud enough for a Modmic to pick up the sound lol.

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #2,833 of 5,962
That's good to know Pervysage (lol) - many thanks. Yeah good point Chicolom .. where to put ??.. the metal gauze over the drivers are pretty concave/vex .. I bet you didn't fix the thingie attachment / base-clasp in the middle of the gauze Pervysage?

If you could post up a pic that'd be great (if possible).  BTW I'm told that the current iteration of the Modmic doesn't like the STX FYI.

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #2,834 of 5,962

Where did you stick the base clasp on it?

That's good to know Pervysage (lol) - many thanks. Yeah good point Chicolom .. where to put ??.. the metal gauze over the drivers are pretty concave/vex .. I bet you didn't fix the thingie attachment / base-clasp in the middle of the gauze Pervysage?

If you could post up a pic that'd be great (if possible).  BTW I'm told that the current iteration of the Modmic doesn't like the STX FYI.

Yep, I simply stuck it to the metal mesh on the earcups and it held just fine. I didn't put it right in the middle but more towards the bottom of the cups.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the headphones so I can't take any pics. I removed the base clasp and reused it on my new headphones. It has never left any residue on any of my headphones which is great.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #2,835 of 5,962
Pervysage - that's really good to know - thanks. Nice that the base clamp comes off cleanly too. Pity Modmic are having manufacturer problems - but the new planned models look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back