New Millett Hybrid Maxed Amp
Oct 23, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #2,087 of 6,727
The switch connects one from a group of multiple audio sources with the push of a button! :wink: Edit: Nice work C0nsumer!

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #2,088 of 6,727
IT IS ALIVE
smily_headphones1.gif

dsc00103zy7.jpg

dsc00102im9.jpg

dsc00104rt7.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help, I really could not do this with out all the help.

Tomb- when do you think I can work my way up from 50ma? By the way it was the BD139 that was causing the issues in the E12.

So far Sounds Great!

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #2,089 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IT IS ALIVE
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks everyone for the help, I really could not do this with out all the help.

Tomb- when do you think I can work my way up from 50ma? By the way it was the BD139 that was causing the issues in the E12.

So far Sounds Great!

Nice - very nice! Congrats on your new MAX!

As for more than 50ma? You've got the standard 1" heat sinks and I'm getting conservative after some people have smoked theirs. Realize, of course, that I haven't dialed in more than 50ma on any of mine. So, I think maybe 75ma would still be OK to try - but keep a close eye on temperature. Also, when you case it up - all bets are off. With the 1" sinks, the vent holes, and 50ma, a cased up MAX doesn't overheat - but even the volume knob will get fairly warm after a few hours. Strong caution is advised over 50ma.

P.S. I think you meant the NTE equivalent for the BD139 was causing the problem.

Oct 25, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #2,090 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The switch connects one from a group of multiple audio sources with the push of a button! :wink: Edit: Nice work C0nsumer!

Yes - you guys should take a look at his website link. It appears to be a very professional project - very.

nuxx Audio Input Switch

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #2,091 of 6,727
Quote:

P.S. I think you meant the NTE equivalent for the BD139 was causing the problem.

Yes that is correct. I learned a lesson on just taking mousers link for the subsitution, I should of looked on the spec sheet for the pin config.

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #2,092 of 6,727
Listen2this1 Congrats! - Another MAX Lives!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Love the macro photography! I can almost reach out and touch that tube! :wink:

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #2,093 of 6,727
Pabbi, I'm not quite ready to pop the cork on the champagne bottle, but the outside pins on QB8R are connected to the top ground plane on the Mosfet pads. Probably only one pin, but I won't know until after I pull the heatsink and DB. Because there is only a few human hairs between pads and ground plane on the top of the Max, an accumulation of solder can short out the pads there. So I am going to pull that and do some dremel surgery to remove the short. See ya later. :wink: Edit: I will PM you if it fixes your Max.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #2,094 of 6,727
Ok Pabbi, more info: QB9R on that same board has one outside pin shorted to the ground plane at the mosfet pad. So I will fix both of those and check it. Edit: On the second board that you sent me for the balanced Max configuration, one outside pin on QB9R is shorted to ground also. This shows how often this happens and should help other builders who don't realize that this could happen. Be back after the dremel surgery.

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #2,095 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes - you guys should take a look at his website link. It appears to be a very professional project - very.

nuxx Audio Input Switch

Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm having a combination of problems with the design (the analog / switching side is not as noise free as I'd like, particularly when muted or switching to unconnected inputs) so I need to work on that, I also need to get the power supply design done better.

On top of that real-world work responsibilities have changed a bit, and I'm considerably busier than I was last week. OS X 10.5 is also coming out on Friday, so that'll take up the weekend.

It's coming along, just a little slower than expected. Thanks for the support on it all everyone, though. I'll be sure to let you all know if / when the group buy will be available. It won't be until I'm happy with the design, though.

-Steve

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #2,097 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0nsumer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm having a combination of problems with the design (the analog / switching side is not as noise free as I'd like, particularly when muted or switching to unconnected inputs) so I need to work on that, I also need to get the power supply design done better.

It won't be until I'm happy with the design, though.
-Steve

ahh, ya that's what I was concerned about when I asked about it above, I don't really know what a relay is or how it (or anything else in the circuit) effects the signal. I don't know, does the signal in the MAX pass thru the relay in the delay circuit?

Anyway, it would be sweet to have something like this. I'd be interested in one when you get the kinks worked out, as long as all I have to do is copy the parts list & follow the silkscreen to solder them where they go
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #2,098 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkfloyd4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really know what a relay is or how it (or anything else in the circuit) effects the signal.

Consider it an electrically controlled mechanical switch.

Quote:

I don't know, does the signal in the MAX pass thru the relay in the delay circuit?

Yes.

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #2,099 of 6,727
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm down. Can't wait.

I wouldn't have to program it or anything, would I?

Nope, my hope is to offer PCBs and preprogrammed microcontrollers for around US$20. You'd just have to source the rest of the parts, but as I'm keeping the parts common and (as of thus far) sticking to things only available from Mouser, this should be trivial. People outside of the US shouldn't have a problem either, as everything on the board is a fairly common component.

I'm holding off on doing any work on it until after the weekend, though. I just need a bit of a break from electronics, especially with how life has been otherwise. Hehe.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Steve

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #2,100 of 6,727
Quote:

ahh, ya that's what I was concerned about when I asked about it above, I don't really know what a relay is or how it (or anything else in the circuit) effects the signal. I don't know, does the signal in the MAX pass thru the relay in the delay circuit?

Anyway, it would be sweet to have something like this. I'd be interested in one when you get the kinks worked out, as long as all I have to do is copy the parts list & follow the silkscreen to solder them where they go
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif
And yes, that's all that will need to be done... Order the list of parts, solder the stuff in place, test it to be sure the power supply is working as it should be, plug in the microcontroller, and use it.

Well, you'll have to sort out the mounting of the controls yourself, of course, as this is just the switch / PCB, but that part isn't difficult at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back