New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Jul 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #33 of 376
I think Shigzeo described pretty well the amp in his review. I'll just add that I had a very hard time distinguishing the Pure from a RSA SR71B during the meet. Good little amp, albeit a bit pricey.

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #35 of 376
We also had that amp at hand during the meet. To me they are very close, but I'll let Shigzeo give his own opinion.

Size wize, it's a different planet, mainly because the battery of the AHA120 is many times bigger than the Vorzüge's one. Remember the AHA120 can run anywhere between 40hrs and 60hrs on battery. The output of the AHA is also very quiet, even for an IEM.
Quote:
Does anybody know how VorzAMP compares to Just Audio AHA 120 Amp ?

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #36 of 376
Quote:
We also had that amp at hand during the meet. To me they are very close, but I'll let Shigzeo give his own opinion.

Size wize, it's a different planet, mainly because the battery of the AHA120 is many times bigger than the Vorzüge's one. Remember the AHA120 can run anywhere between 40hrs and 60hrs on battery. The output of the AHA is also very quiet, even for an IEM.

I've had the AHA 120 for a while and the Vorzuge Pure for a couple of days.   The latter is still burning in, though I think it's just about settled in, and I'm still getting used to it.  I'll write something up about the two of them; it'll take me a week or so to get to it, so bear with me.  Early impressions of the Vorzuge: dramatically good.  Power, speed, detail, and separation are all exemplary. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #37 of 376
I'm very excited to hear more. Being one of the only vocal Vorzüge owners is hard work.
Quote:

I've had the AHA 120 for a while and the Vorzuge Pure for a couple of days.   The latter is still burning in, though I think it's just about settled in, and I'm still getting used to it.  I'll write something up about the two of them; it'll take me a week or so to get to it, so bear with me.  Early impressions of the Vorzuge: dramatically good.  Power, speed, detail, and separation are all exemplary. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #39 of 376
It plays well with higher output devices such as HP-P1, certainly versus the line out of the iDevice alone (which should weigh in at minus 3 or minus 5 compared to the almost 0 decibel level of the HP-P1). Again, the Pure is my favourite, but for rather practical means: I can attach an elastic vertically around the body and clip my iPod nano to it with ease. The Duo won't work that way because of the EQDuo controls.

With earphones like the Fischer DBA and CK10, well, the DUO is simply perfect. 

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #40 of 376
I've just bought the PURE version, in HK from Jaben.  Very helpful and friendly guys in there, I might add.

The amp is excellent.  I have some Fit-Ear MH334s and the combination, even from and iPhone/FLAC source, is proper Hi-Fi.  The detail the pair extract is incredible and the bass is powerful and extended.  To a certain extent, they even develop a soundstage (and I don't mean simple left/right panning) that is clearly outside of the head.

As a combination, it's a bit of an expensive option for 'only' a mobile setup, but the results speak for themselves.  I believe it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get this level of audio quality with a similar budget using traditional Hi-Fi components.

To say I'm impressed is an understatement and I'm delighted with my purchase.

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #42 of 376
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. Are you going to try these amps with a 600 Ohm headphones, like Beyerdynamic T1 which are difficult to drive ?

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #44 of 376
600Ω headphones are actually much easier for amps to drive as they induce practically zero load on the amp at all frequencies. An amp may or may not have enough sustained voltage to pump the volume to crazy levels with or without distortion, but all that requires is more 'power' which is very easy to make. The Vorz powers my DT880 600Ω to much higher levels than I'd ever listen to without distortion, but will start to sizzle after about 1PM on the volume pot. Again, I'd never listen to those levels.

There is no break down in any resolution at those volumes.
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Are you going to try these amps with a 600 Ohm headphones, like Beyerdynamic T1 which are difficult to drive ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back