New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #977 of 3,599
UPDATE! My ORB JADE-1 LTD will be delivered to me tomorrow or thursday! WHOOOOOOOOAAAAHHH!! This will be the best christmas ever!
atsmile.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #980 of 3,599
There were $999 (sorry, just noticed your question).  I just ordered the W3000ANV anyway, I'm hoping the fit is at least tolerable...

Quote:
hi drew,how much the T1 was? haven't buy any headphone from amazon since the $99 TF10.

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #988 of 3,599
Got the ORB today. I really need to take pictures when I got the time, this is something beautiful. Very nicely finished walnut casing. It's definitely really well done, but still has a lovely naturality to it when sliding my finger around it, it's not perfectly smooth. = ) There's no plastic to be seen, the front and back plates and all buttons and knobs are aluminium.

It uses japanese JRC MUSE01 op-amp and Asahi Kasei AKM4396, also Japan-made. Sort of adds something seeing the manufacter have faith in domestic products. And the faith really is for a reason...

Listening through it now... The background is dead silent, something I've never heard before with my Audio-Technica's. And it really is a huge deal with songs that don't have that much going on all the time. The sound itself, it's very hard to say anything really. Very detailed, life-like and smooth compared to my earlier gear. Hearing new things in many songs, this combination is very easy to listen, everything just is there, I only need to sit back and enjoy to hear it all. Nothing sticks out or feels lacking, it only enhances the amazing ATH-W3000ANV I've heard even further. Every genre sounds great and simply involving so far. This device really pairs well with Audio-Technica and I'm proud to own this. = )

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #990 of 3,599
This is the only writing I've found that actually has some impressions:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue54/centrance.htm

Specs:

http://cryo-parts.com/index.php/headphone-amps/solid-stae/orb-audio

These are about the regular JADE-2. Differences with 1 and 2 are the display, USB-port and control buttons at the front. LTD versions have the wood casing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back