New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #1,172 of 1,588
Quote:
Call a duck a duck. I was right so I frankly don't care.

The D600 is still ok, but not great, especially at its suggested price. It has a few usability advantages, and a few sonic disadvantages. 

Quote:

I preferred "less experienced user". It is what I tried to subtly say. I didn't want to start and argument, but did have to bite my tongue a few times reading through comments. 

I agree. Comfort and look wise it's definitely up there. But to charge $500 on an 'audiophile' basis, you better deliver. At the $500 you've got competition from Mad Dogs, HE-400, Paradox, and HD650s, just to name a few. 

It's definitely ok to voice your opinion in the forum since this is a forum after all. People do come here to read what others who have had experience say about products they do not know, or just for validation after their purchase (whether it's the lack of listening experience or just don't own the product). Taking heat for voicing your fair opinion (flaming other on the other hand is a different story, but it wasn't what you guys did) is definitely not in the spirit of of the forum, it doesn't matter if it in line with what others have found, A difference of opinion really just provide more insight from different angles and perspectives.

Personally I'm not sure if everyone agrees, but from tons of reading on general thought, comparisons, as well as my personal experience. I would probably sum it up by saying that at its $500 price tag, it may not be the most bang for your buck headphone as there are others alternatives that would provide same or better (performance) as mentioned in the quoted posting at a lower price point, but I do think that sonically (this is personal opinion) the D600 belong in the same "mid-fi" tier as the HD650. For $400~$500, you will be able to find others that sounds just as good for less, but for the package it brings, I would say that the D600 certainly doesn't cheat you at its asking price.

*The above statement only applies to the D600, since I have not had any experience with other models such as D7100 or D400....

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #1,173 of 1,588
I have to say that although I sold my D600s, I liked them. I agree that at $500, it was too much, especially from us who already have their D5000s and this gen doesn't even comes close to it in my opinion.

But now that the price NEW on sites like Fumfie is $340 or so, I'm thinking it's not so bad. Still, I'd prefer the Mad Dogs but the D600s are good performers... in fact, I'm trying now the V-MODA M100s ... ... ... I will not say it sounds like the D600s, but... they are actually a bit similar (bit warm, mid bass boost -- Denons are more boosted though.)

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #1,174 of 1,588
Quote:
I have to say that although I sold my D600s, I liked them. I agree that at $500, it was too much, especially from us who already have their D5000s and this gen doesn't even comes close to it in my opinion.

But now that the price NEW on sites like Fumfie is $340 or so, I'm thinking it's not so bad. Still, I'd prefer the Mad Dogs but the D600s are good performers... in fact, I'm trying now the V-MODA M100s ... ... ... I will not say it sounds like the D600s, but... they are actually a bit similar (bit warm, mid bass boost -- Denons are more boosted though.)

That could actually be a very useful in depth comparison. (especially considering the different price tags (and I'm suspecting build quality) 

Mine are on the way as we speak.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #1,175 of 1,588
Quote:

I agree regarding some similarity with the D600 and M-100.  I think both have nicely detailed mids that are right on the money in their presentation- neither forward, nor recessed.  The reason I returned the D600 and kept the M-100 is that the high end of the M-100 is extended but noticeably smoother and M-100 bass, IMO destroys the D600 with its tightness,depth and punch.  These two factors make a big difference in my perception of these headphones, particularly with lower pricing on the M-100.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #1,176 of 1,588
Quote:
I agree regarding some similarity with the D600 and M-100.  I think both have nicely detailed mids that are right on the money in their presentation- neither forward, nor recessed.  The reason I returned the D600 and kept the M-100 is that the high end of the M-100 is extended but noticeably smoother and M-100 bass, IMO destroys the D600 with its tightness,depth and punch.  These two factors make a big difference in my perception of these headphones, particularly with lower pricing on the M-100.

Agreed!
The M100's do have tighter bass and definitely better highs (along with a better price and quite possibly durability and mobility)! Comfort though goes to the D600s.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,178 of 1,588
Oct 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #1,185 of 1,588
Quote:
Yes I know it but I sold mine already

eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back