New Audeze LCD3
Nov 10, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #1,036 of 11,521

Quote:
I don't see any of you expecting another company to waive the restocking fee simply because you'll also be purchasing a more expensive product.  Audez'e bent over backwards to solve the problem with failed drivers, didn't they?  The fact that they have that good of a return policy and a traveling warranty at all should be good enough.  The sense of entitlement is ridiculous here.  And no, it isn't idiot wind.  At no point did they promise to waive the restocking fee because you're buying another product.  

Here we go with the "what other companies do" entrapment.    Well guess what Morbid Toaster didn't buy his LCD-2's from any other company he purchased them with his hard earned coin from one company Audeze, no "other" companies were involved.     And in this particular instance Audeze really showed thier colors and lack of customer appreciation for that hard earned coin by denying his request to exchange a newly recieved pair of LCD-2's which he recieved 2 days after the LCD 3 was announced. He didn't own them or use them for a week, or two weeks or a month. He recieved them 2 days after the LCD-3 was announced and simply asked Audeze to take them back and sell him the LCD-3 instead.  Regardless of the standing return policy with which Audeze operates under it would have been very good appreciation on their part to accept the return of the LCD-2's and accept payment for the LCD-3. No harm no foul.

This particular situation between Morbid toaster and Audeze does not evoke or suggest any sense of entitlement at all on MorbidToasters part.  MorbidToasters request was extremely reasonable and no profit would have been lost.  It was a very bad business policy and a very bad customer appreciation  decision on Audeze's part to disregard MorbidtToasters request.  How does any sense of entitlement come into play here. He received the headphones and asked if he could simply return and purchase instead a model that costs twice as much.  If anything someone would have had to pay the shipping for return. But to charge a loyal customer $150 to restock his headphones in this particular case is what is ridiculous here. Lets see the idiot wind conversation that must have played out at Audeze.

"Hey Morbid Toaster just called us.  He wants to know if the headphones that just arrived at his home for which he paid us one thousand dollars can be exchanged for the LCD-3 for which he will give us another thousand dollars. He says that seeing you guys announced a new flagship 2 days ago and he just got his one thousand dollar set of cans today he was hoping he could just send them back and make payment of another one thousand dollars totaling two thousand dollars and get the LCD-3 instead." 

"WHAT?"  Does he think we are some kind of charity here? Tell him if he wants to send us an additional one thousand dollars on top of the one thousand he sent us it's going to set him back 15% or $150 dollars.  THAT'S THE BEST WE CAN DO FOR HIM!"

Your'e right what kind of ridiculous entitlement does MorbidToaster think he is, I hate to say it, entitled to?   

As for Audeze bending over backwards to fix the driver problem they experienced  with the R.1 thats a one thousand dollar backwards back bending deposit they get now for each R.2 they sell.  Their backs must be completely broken now from the weight of all that new cash streaming in from the R.2.  I hope I didn't hurt anyones back there with the one thousand dollar deposit I made for my pair of R.2's  I'm pretty sure the one thousand dollars I sent for the R.1s I also purchased from Audeze didn't strain anyone's back there but who knows.
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #1,037 of 11,521
I would be pissed as well if I had ordered the Rev 2, luckily I didn't... Now I just hope the LCD-3 Rev 2 won't come out for a short while...

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #1,038 of 11,521
I hope that the next Head-fi TV episode will be on the LCD3 and Jude is just waiting for 11-11-11 to release the video review. :)

Quote:
Hey Jude, to help get this thread back on topic, would you mind posting some further impressions on the LCD-3s now that you've owned your pair for quite a while.

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #1,039 of 11,521

Quote:
Here we go with the "what other companies do" entrapment.    Well guess what Morbid Toaster didn't buy his LCD-2's from any other company he purchased them with his hard earned coin from one company Audeze, no "other" companies were involved.     And in this particular instance Audeze really showed thier colors and lack of customer appreciation for that hard earned coin by denying his request to exchange a newly recieved pair of LCD-2's which he recieved 2 days after the LCD 3 was announced. He didn't own them or use them for a week, or two weeks or a month. He recieved them 2 days after the LCD-3 was announced and simply asked Audeze to take them back and sell him the LCD-3 instead.  Regardless of the standing return policy with which Audeze operates under it would have been very good appreciation on their part to accept the return of the LCD-2's and accept payment for the LCD-3. No harm no foul...

I will not say I agree or disagree with what's being said, because my opinion on this matter is (to my mind) irrelevant. What I will say as a long-time business owner is that decisions have to be made, policies put in place. I understand you don't agree with something that was decided, but I've also read of many other positive dealings, and many positive customer service outcomes, with respect to Audeze.

Like any other business, on some things they'll feel they can bend on, and on others they might feel they can't (for whatever reason(s)). And I have a feeling that every decision they make is with some thought that it'll likely be a decision posted here on Head-Fi's forums and other places, and what that means. From what I have seen (in terms of customer feedback and the general view of Audeze in this community), they are not a company that has made a practice of being uncaring, unreasonable or unaccommodating.

As for a new model coming out: The day before the Sennheiser HD 800 was announced, the HD 650 was Sennheiser's flagship dynamic. For the most part, very few people outside of Sennheiser knew for certain--until I hit the submit button on that first HD800 announcement post--that a new Sennheiser flagship was being released that day. I can assure you many people had purchased HD650's on that day, and the day before that, and the day before that. It happens. With headphones. With loudspeakers. With cameras. With TV's. Etc.

You disagree with this particular decision. I think we all get that. I'm just trying to keep this thread on-topic, and hopefully prevent the beating of a horse well beyond death.

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #1,042 of 11,521

Quote:
Well don't take this the wrong way Jude but for a 70 page thread that's been pretty much off track for 69 pages you make a guy feel special by using my quote to straighten things out.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

After RMAF and Tokyo, I'm so slammed I haven't been keeping up the last several days. You just happened to be posting somewhere 'round where I joined in. 
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #1,044 of 11,521

Quote:
Dude, I mean Jude, will the next Head-fi TV episode be on the LCD-3?

No, the next one will be part 2 of 2 of highlights from 2011 CanJam @ RMAF, and maybe Tokyo Headphone Festival coverage. I may have to separate out Tokyo Headphone Festival coverage into its own, though.

So, no, not yet--sorry, man.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #1,045 of 11,521
I should attend one of the shows some day. Looks like the Tokyo one is more focused on headphones - but the Canjam @ ROFL show has some high end gear to play with the headphone systems. Tough choice.

Back to the LCD-3 - I think we are expecting payment requests tomorrow according to some Head-fiers. I doubt if it will sell as fast as the iPhone 4S on the Hong Kong online Apple Store (all models sold out in half an hour) but due to the time difference I am seriously considering not sleeping tonight...  

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #1,046 of 11,521

Quote:

No, the next one will be part 2 of 2 of highlights from 2011 CanJam @ RMAF, and maybe Tokyo Headphone Festival coverage. I may have to separate out Tokyo Headphone Festival coverage into its own, though.

So, no, not yet--sorry, man.

Jude, I know you're working hard at keeping it altogether (work-home-travel). But even if it means a slight delay, Tokyo HP Coverage deserves its own presentation from you to us. In the end, we'll all appreciate this; the readership will understand. 
popcorn.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #1,047 of 11,521

I will not say I agree or disagree with what's being said, because my opinion on this matter is (to my mind) irrelevant. What I will say as a long-time business owner is that decisions have to be made, policies put in place. I understand you don't agree with something that was decided, but I've also read of many other positive dealings, and many positive customer service outcomes, with respect to Audeze.

Like any other business, on some things they'll feel they can bend on, and on others they might feel they can't (for whatever reason(s)). And I have a feeling that every decision they make is with some thought that it'll likely be a decision posted here on Head-Fi's forums and other places, and what that means. From what I have seen (in terms of customer feedback and the general view of Audeze in this community), they are not a company that has made a practice of being uncaring, unreasonable or unaccommodating.

As for a new model coming out: The day before the Sennheiser HD 800 was announced, the HD 650 was Sennheiser's flagship dynamic. For the most part, very few people outside of Sennheiser knew for certain--until I hit the submit button on that first HD800 announcement post--that a new Sennheiser flagship was being released that day. I can assure you many people had purchased HD650's on that day, and the day before that, and the day before that. It happens. With headphones. With loudspeakers. With cameras. With TV's. Etc.

You disagree with this particular decision. I think we all get that. I'm just trying to keep this thread on-topic, and hopefully prevent the beating of a horse well beyond death.

Small companies like Audeze aren't the same as much larger companies like Sennheiser. So a company like Audeze should be more flexible and more conscious of it's customer's concerns.

Also, Head-Fi has been quite good to Audeze. It's fair to say that Head-Fi and it's community made Audeze the success it is. It's also fair to say that the members of Head-Fi are a large portion of it's customer base.

A much larger company like Sennheiser doesn't rely as much on the Head-Fi community for it's success as does a company like Audeze. So I do believe Audeze should be MORE accommodating. So what if a few people wanted the $150 restocking fee waived? It would have gone a long way towards goodwill. Especially if those said customers were willing to spend MORE money with them. That's called business common sense.

Nov 10, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #1,048 of 11,521
You don't understand Jude's point. I agree that it would be even worse to allow some policy exceptions for the few people that really complain about the restocking fee or fit within a certain time window. As Jude mentionned it would soon leak here and piss another bunch of people (for example those who bought the lcd2 not 1 week but 1 month before rmaf). It never stops, hence the need to set some rules.

The size of the company does not matter. If anything a small company may have less flexibility as it has typically less cashflow.

Now the head-fi members reward is  different and indeed it would probably go a long way to improve perceptions. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #1,049 of 11,521
I really didn't mean to blow up the thread for a few pages. I posted in response to the return policy discussion and my experience was expressed in a (mostly) positive light for a reason. 

I'm not really frustrated by the situation anymore and am glad things turned out the way they did.

It led me to my first decent CD transport and a major source upgrade in general. It also led me to spend some time talking with Brian with Cavalli and get to know just a good guy in general. I'm no longer bitter in any way towards Audeze. (Okay a little)

Let's keep it on topic for the sake of the thread. Thanks for the support though.

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #1,050 of 11,521
@ Morbid Toaster.

Out of curiosity did you buy direct from Audeze or from someone like Headroom? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back