New Audeze LCD3
Nov 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #1,022 of 11,521

Quote:
Audeze's policy is 15% and 30 days. I requested a confirmation on the return policy when the LCD 3 was announced 2 days after I received my Rev 2.

I asked them if they'd waive the 15% as I'd like to have bought an LCD 3, but no dice so I'll worry about that after hearing more on them and just enjoy my LCD 2.

People can compare Audeze to other companies and their policies, talk about the size profits margins, selling through a dealer or direct, what is and what isn't customer support, but the fact remains MorbidToaster received his Rev.2  just 2 days after the LCD-3 was announced and stated he'd buy the 3 if he could return the Rev.2   It should have been exchanged end of story, any other perspective is simply idiot wind. 

ZoomButt.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #1,023 of 11,521
Well I guess in the case of PS Audio: They are going to release the PWD MKII. MKI owners can upgrade for the difference in MSRP cost. Early birds (time, not volume limited) can get the upgrade for 80% of the difference in MSRP cost.

Is this what you are talking about when you say "compare to other companies"?

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #1,024 of 11,521

Quote:
Well I guess in the case of PS Audio: They are going to release the PWD MKII. MKI owners can upgrade for the difference in MSRP cost. Early birds (time, not volume limited) can get the upgrade for 80% of the difference in MSRP cost.

No, that's a nice policy PS Audio has though.  Seems like a tip of the hat with respect and appreciation to the customer base that supported earlier products.  How do they run that offer?  Do they take back the MKI send you a MKII and then refurbish the MKI return and sell it or is it a plug in type of upgrade.   If there is a resell of the refurbished unit it looks like it could be a good buy for someone looking to get a MKI for a price they would not have been able to afford otherwise.

I was referring more to the general argument of logic put forth that some other companies don't have an exchange or refund policy for the type of exchange put forth by MorbidToaster so why should Audeze do it?    In my mind none of that matters what other companies do or don't do.  MorbidToaster got his Rev.2 just 2 days after the 3 was announced and regardless of any policy in place or not in place it, an exchange for the LCD-3 was the right thing to do.   

Nov 9, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #1,025 of 11,521

Quote:

No, PS Audio goes above and beyond with those policies.  When the PWD was released, you could trade in a DLIII for $1000 off on the PWD.  Cultivating loyalty among their customer base is more important than it is to Audeze; as long as Audeze continues to produce "the best" in their field (orthodynamic headphones) it will matter much less how their customer service is because no one does it as well as them.  In the Dac/Conditioner etc world, there are so many options with no real consensus on a "best." In that case, things like customer service, support, specials, upgrades and the like (not to mention price/performance vs brand cachet) all come into play when choosing which company to buy from.  

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #1,028 of 11,521

Quote:
That's not a horrible loss if one wanted to sell an existing r2 and get the r3.

That or one could build an auxiliary - secondary rig with the 2 and begin to build their "end game" with the 3. 

There are options yet for LCD2 owners.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #1,029 of 11,521

Quote:
Bout 700ish from what I have seen.

Mostly because about 100 ppl are trying to sell them at the same time.  No way I'm selling while the market is flooded.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #1,030 of 11,521

Quote:
Mostly because about 100 ppl are trying to sell them at the same time.  No way I'm selling while the market is flooded.

Yup, I think I even saw an R1 go for $650, but like you say the market is flooded.
I don´t plan to sell my R2 at all, but I certainly wouldn't join the rush, nor would I go below $800.

I have all the time in the world to upgrade or expand. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #1,033 of 11,521
I don't see any of you expecting another company to waive the restocking fee simply because you'll also be purchasing a more expensive product.  Audez'e bent over backwards to solve the problem with failed drivers, didn't they?  The fact that they have that good of a return policy and a traveling warranty at all should be good enough.  The sense of entitlement is ridiculous here.  And no, it isn't idiot wind.  At no point did they promise to waive the restocking fee because you're buying another product.  

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #1,035 of 11,521

Quote:
Get this thread back on topic please. Some posts may be pruned.

Hey Jude, to help get this thread back on topic, would you mind posting some further impressions on the LCD-3s now that you've owned your pair for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back