New Audeze LCD3
Sep 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #6,481 of 11,521
It might be related to seal.  The soft pads really give it that IEM feel if that makes any sense.

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #6,482 of 11,521
To me the LCD3 clearly has much deeper bass than my 2Rev1. 2Rev1 has good upper bass and impact but lacks in the depth department, as far as my pair is concerned.

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #6,484 of 11,521
Quote:
To me the LCD3 clearly has much deeper bass than my 2Rev1. 2Rev1 has good upper bass and impact but lacks in the depth department, as far as my pair is concerned.

Same for my pre-RMA LCD-3 vs. rosewood LCD 2r2. Big difference in sub bass level and quality. I'm still waiting for my LCD-3 to return from Audez'e and importer. I wonder how they'll sound like with my new Hilo, which is a step up in bass dynamics and quality from DA11 (when using LCD-2r2).

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #6,485 of 11,521
Quote:
Considering LCD3's vs. 2's,(Bamboo).....I prefer my Sen 600's,(modded-foam OUT), and Westone 3's, etc. over newer models because I always choose for my classical music pref's, less heavy bass and more detail of the subtleties in the music.
I like being able to hear the very tiny, high pitched,nearly inaudible sounds in the music of Jon Serrie's stuff when I am trying to float away into a soundscape.....

So, after trying to wade through  432 pages, I'm still not sure which choice might be the best one here.
And, anybody experience the Bamboo vs. the Rosewood?

I like a nice bass, but don't want those mids and highs and clarity muffed by it.
confused.gif

You should try Sennheiser HD800 before you buy LCD3. 
wink_face.gif

You should get Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor too if you consider Custom made IEM in future. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #6,487 of 11,521
Quote:
Considering LCD3's vs. 2's,(Bamboo).....I prefer my Sen 600's,(modded-foam OUT), and Westone 3's, etc. over newer models because I always choose for my classical music pref's, less heavy bass and more detail of the subtleties in the music.
I like being able to hear the very tiny, high pitched,nearly inaudible sounds in the music of Jon Serrie's stuff when I am trying to float away into a soundscape.....

So, after trying to wade through  432 pages, I'm still not sure which choice might be the best one here.
And, anybody experience the Bamboo vs. the Rosewood?

I like a nice bass, but don't want those mids and highs and clarity muffed by it.
confused.gif

You should try Sennheiser HD800 before you buy LCD3. 
wink_face.gif

You should get Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor too if you consider Custom made IEM in future. 
Whilst you're sending him all over the place, why not go all out for it & recommend the UEPRM instead :wink:??

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #6,489 of 11,521
Not wanting to bring heavily biased advice here, but based on DogMeat's listening preference, I would also believe he'd likely be much happier with an SR009 rig and any of the LCDs. (haven't heard the UERM but indeed there are several 009 owners here in Japan who also have the UERM for portable use).

Sep 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #6,490 of 11,521
I have a request for LCD3 owners. Since im still trying to decide which is the better headphone for me, the LCD2 rev2 or LCD3, based on my music preferences i thought i would just post a few songs here and get feedback from some here. Posting Youtube links is far from ideal, but it's all i can do now. These are just a few songs from my library i specifically chose because of the clipping, reduced dynamic range, brickwalling, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kWB3Vl_xRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uw6ZkbsAH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgT_us6AsDg

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #6,491 of 11,521
Just ordered my LCD-3 last night! Burson Soloist coming as well!.

To the poster above, the LCD-2 would probably work for you better.  They are not as bright and probably wont reveal all of the flaws as easily.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #6,492 of 11,521
Its strange that I hear people say the LCD3's are darker than the LCD2.2's and closer to the tonal balance of the 2.1's and other people say the LCD3's are brighter than LCD2.2's.

Wish I knew which one is true or is it the case of the 'veiled' LCD3's being as dark as the 2.1's and the unveiled being brighter than LCD2.2?

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #6,493 of 11,521
Well.......
I'd LOVE to go SR009.
But I'd have to buy the WES to go with.

....still trying to pay off Med school.................

ack.
my budget really only supports the LCD,(or less), cash range at this time.
dammit.

Looking at the LCD line for that reason. And I'm not looking for IEM's just now. At least, not customs.But thanks for the suggestions!
(I have Senn 600's because I prefer that signature to the 800. Heard the 800, and the 650, bought the 600.)

It sounds like folks are saying that the 3 has an improved mid and treble with an extended bass that doesn't overwhelm the upper ranges.
Sadly, I do have hearing that detects the minutiae...I am driven to work my way to excellence, yet on a "paying off the loan" budget.

I do have one other question for ya'allz....
These guys look REALLY REALLY heavy.
Yes or no to that?
I don't want to have to lay down just to wear them......
tongue_smile.gif

your remarks are MUCHLY appreciated.

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #6,494 of 11,521
Quote:
Its strange that I hear people say the LCD3's are darker than the LCD2.2's and closer to the tonal balance of the 2.1's and other people say the LCD3's are brighter than LCD2.2's.

Wish I knew which one is true or is it the case of the 'veiled' LCD3's being as dark as the 2.1's and the unveiled being brighter than LCD2.2?

Look at the F/R of the earlier LCD-3 samples.  It seems like many of them dip hard at or a little after 1kHz.  The newer ones usually hold out to about 2kHz or so.  I believe the earlier "veiled" headphones sound darker although I have not been able to test this myself.  I'll let you know how the new ones are since they should be coming soon.  I have the HD-800s as well so I have a pretty good idea of what bright is
biggrin.gif

I prevously owned a LCD-2 rev 2 and they were for sure dark.  Very close to a HD-650 to me.  They were a easy listen and I sort of miss them hence the LCD-3 coming lol

I have a feeling my neck will regret this
redface.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #6,495 of 11,521
Quote:
Well.......
I'd LOVE to go SR009.
But I'd have to buy the WES to go with.

....still trying to pay off Med school.................

ack.
my budget really only supports the LCD,(or less), cash range at this time.
dammit.

Looking at the LCD line for that reason. And I'm not looking for IEM's just now. At least, not customs.But thanks for the suggestions!
(I have Senn 600's because I prefer that signature to the 800. Heard the 800, and the 650, bought the 600.)

It sounds like folks are saying that the 3 has an improved mid and treble with an extended bass that doesn't overwhelm the upper ranges.
Sadly, I do have hearing that detects the minutiae...I am driven to work my way to excellence, yet on a "paying off the loan" budget.

I do have one other question for ya'allz....
These guys look REALLY REALLY heavy.
Yes or no to that?
I don't want to have to lay down just to wear them......
tongue_smile.gif

your remarks are MUCHLY appreciated.

It's not the weight, but the clamping force which makes them quite uncomfortable. Especially the LCD-2s.
The L3s are slightly better but certainly not enough that I could call them comfortable.
Sound wise, the LCD-3s are absolutely spectacular and undoubtedly one of the finest dynamic/orthodynamic headphones, IMO, etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back