NEW! AKG K812
Oct 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #166 of 990
  Agree! the HD-800 sub bass with the K-702 instrument separation, image and sound stage can lead true perfection. Let's cross our fingers, I hoping to move out of the K702.

+1. That would probably be my dream headphone.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #167 of 990
I will post a my impression in more detail when I get home, along with a few interesting photos of it.

But if you are asking for 'thumpy' or bass rumble, the K812 shouldn't be on your list, it is very well balanced in my opinion with just enough bass as the recording delivers.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #168 of 990

For those that think that the headphone will be plasticy like the K7xx series. I can assure you that they are not and feel premium but also very solid.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #171 of 990

I hope there is no "punchy" bass going on with K812 Pro... That would be the exact opposite of very precise/analytical and neutral bass of HD800 with no hint of midbass emphasis. I hate midbass emphasis 
tongue.gif

^ LoL haters gonna hate.... tell that to my beats cuz this Totalphile ain't listening.
ksc75smile.gif

Never heard the HD800s or any TOTL cans/iems tbh, but isn't bass all about the texture (lushness), depth (great subbass/ mid bass balance), speed (punchiness/ accuracy)??? From what you are saying it seems like the bass quantity/ quality has to be almost anemic if you want a very precise/ analytical/ flatter sound. Welp "anemic" is probably not the proper term, i guess people want a more tamed bass end in neutral cans.

A extremely precise sound does not necessarily have to be polar opposites from great bass quantity/ quality me thinks. I mean if the studio recording has those deep bass qualities/ quantities and the cans are unable to reproduce it in a realistic manner, then how can that be considered as accurate???

Dat Beats Kool-aid is real gud!!!
tongue.gif

Quote: LMAO the irony!!!
deadhorse.gif
 "People aren't hearing all the music.
Artists and producers work hard in the studio perfecting their sound. but people can't really hear it with normal headphones. Most headphones can't handle the bass, the detail, the dynamics. Bottom line, the music doesn't move you.
With Beats (holy grail), people are going to hear what the artists hear, and listen to the music the way they should: the way I do."
Dr. Dre

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #174 of 990
  FFFFFFFuuuuuuuu!!! Looks like a 3 pin version of the Sennheiser plug.  Another expensive non-standard plug!!!!!  Arrrrgggghhhh!

Marketing all the way! :frowning2:(

Further research is indicating that I am right, but less customization than the HD800 plugs, so should be available at a more reasonable price.  Also only need one.  My main issue, is that you can't run these balanced without serious modification.  Modifying a $250 K7 series is one thing.  A $1500 K8 with nearly all mesh?  Nightmare.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #175 of 990

For those that think that the headphone will be plasticy like the K7xx series. I can assure you that they are not and feel premium but also very solid.

Thanks for the info! they didn't have there any of the K70xx around to compare? As well what hps amp they use for the demonstration?

It's the Black Cube Linear.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #176 of 990

Further research is indicating that I am right, but less customization than the HD800 plugs, so should be available at a more reasonable price.  Also only need one.  My main issue, is that you can't run these balanced without serious modification.  Modifying a $250 K7 series is one thing.  A $1500 K8 with nearly all mesh?  Nightmare.

This was my exact thoughts. You can remove their connector and hope to tag along to their wiring, while trying to keep the mesh in tact, OR drill through and make something that will never look good. It's like they didn't do any headphile market research at all for this. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #177 of 990
Well the most disappoint thing about K812, apart from it's very generic stand...

The plug, here is the headphone end.

Nice and all for a £1000 headphone.

Now, take a look at the plug that you will hold.

No, that is not a different pair of headphone. This is what you will get, a lightweight rubber plug with a screw on adaptor. Very functional, but not very fitting on a pair of £1000 headphones.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #178 of 990
  Well the most disappoint thing about K812, apart from it's very generic stand...

No, that is not a different pair of headphone. This is what you will get, a lightweight rubber plug with a screw on adaptor. Very functional, but not very fitting on a pair of £1000 headphones.

Are you kidding, 1/8 plug? And how come the cable looks so thin? Man, that's another x00USD investment in getting a proper durable cable... Not even talking about going balanced.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #179 of 990

Whats that huge adapter looking stuff on the cup? Almost looks like it's 2 inches long.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #180 of 990

Whats that huge adapter looking stuff on the cup? Almost looks like it's 2 inches long.

That would be the default removeable cable plug. It is massive, but didn't seems to get in the way. I would be more concerned about the K701 like cable (very flexable and thin) and the cheap end plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back