NEW! AKG K812
Oct 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #196 of 990
3-pin means it's not balanceable, unless you cut into the cup and split the grounds yourself, if I'm not mistaken?

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #202 of 990
I personally likes Mike's better xD because his taste in music almost same like mine and I had read a lot of his review including those headphones that I had tested before and his review is excatly the same as my thought ^_^

I don't like full formal reviews written after two minutes of listening..

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #203 of 990
Early impressions sound positive so far.

I'm looking forward to more comparisons with the HD800.  I speculate a tradeoff where the HD800 will still best them in soundstage but with the K812 having a fuller and more "musical" signature.

popcorn.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #204 of 990
I've just come back from the demo session too. I listened to it for nearly 45 mins in complete silence and had my T1's and Ultrasone Sig Pro's at hand for comparisons sake.

Basically guys, Nomax is right.

Seriously, strap on tight as AKG have released a monster of a headphone. A real real beauty. I almost cried when listening to it. 

The real judge of how good this headphone is will ultimately come when you get the chance to listen for yourself, but it's better than the T1's and better than the HD800 in my opinion. I have very rarely, if at all, described a headphones sound as beautiful but this is what this is. It's so clean, clear, resolving, weightly, full, dynamic, layered and above all natural. No artificial brightness, sibilance or peaks. Bass isn't light or under-energised. It's closer to the Sig Pro's in weight and quantity rather than the T1's. The soundstage is HD800 style wide. Definitely wider than the T1's. 

What really Impressed me. No that's a lie. What really scared me was how good it sounded out of my SGS I9000 smart phone (Voodoo sound). Wow. I can't see driveability being a problem with this headphone.

I agree with Ra97oR about the cable in that it could be more flashy/impressive but it's completely functional and I'm someone who likes thinner more easier to manage cables rather than the T1 type. Something like the Ultrasone Signature pro's cable is the best - could have done something like this. He explained about how this can be driven from an ipad for use when musicians mix/take ideas down on it (that's true) and when one considers that, the cable makes more sense. Overall build apart from that is very good.....

....might as well just write a review on listening impressions, rather than just type whatever I'm thinking. I'll be back shortly..
nomax has right!one reason more to Love nomax!

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #205 of 990
So Guys FOR me its TIME to say GOODBYE!it was a lot a fun here with you!I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THIS NEW GAME CHANGER!THIS REAL HIGH END FLAGSHIP THE AKG K812!and don't forget to take a closer Look to SPL(in a few weeks there will come a another Sensation the FOLLOWER of the PHONITOR) NOMAX ENDS

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #208 of 990
Oct 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #209 of 990
Nomax will Miss you!i Love you Guys!

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #210 of 990
So Guys FOR me its TIME to say GOODBYE!it was a lot a fun here with you!I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THIS NEW GAME CHANGER!THIS REAL HIGH END FLAGSHIP THE AKG K812!and don't forget to take a closer Look to SPL(in a few weeks there will come a another Sensation the FOLLOWER of the PHONITOR) NOMAX ENDS

Guess his work here is done and AKG has ended his contract. Until next time Nomax. I hope every headphone company hires you for viral marketing when they're planning to reveal their next flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back