NEW! AKG K812
Oct 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #151 of 990
Am I the only one who thinks the omega stand doesn't match the headphone?
The makassar wood finish just doesn't work. If you've already got a room full of similarly finished furniture (yuck!), then at least you've got an excuse.

Black anodized aluminium or something would be better.... but would probably increase the final price.... by a lot.

I HOPE (I really hope) that AKG did not include the headphone stand just to increase the price to make it sound like it's a very high end headphone.

K702-65 is worth owning.

Good to know! I hope I will like it when paired with FiiO E09K and E07K :)

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #152 of 990
I don't like any headphone stand design that touches the earpads because it offers less drying/hygiene

ROOM'S AUDIO LINE does it better

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #153 of 990
I am really hoping these are K1000 level, regarding precise image and air. Dont have any doubts it will be very accurate and detailed, hoping for perfect balance and deep low end as well. If that's the case, well, this may be my last headphones for sure.

Agree! the HD-800 sub bass with the K-702 instrument separation, image and sound stage can lead true perfection. Let's cross our fingers, I hoping to move out of the K702.

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #155 of 990

Agree! the HD-800 sub bass with the K-702 instrument separation, image and sound stage can lead true perfection. Let's cross our fingers, I hoping to move out of the K702.

+1
The same here and I was just about to order the HD800.
 Keep my fingers crossed too... 

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #158 of 990

Looks great from the inside, I'm a bit surprise with the 36 ohm drivers. I hope those drivers will be able to create enough sound dynamics! Now what about the price? I know those pre threads will eventually determine the price. I hope everybody here will start complain on the price, this way the price will go down to a normal price range, let's say for example $500.

High impedance phones are meant to avoid noise from noisy electronics, not provide good dynamics.
Low impedance phones do have dynamics potential as do high impedance phones.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #159 of 990

High impedance phones are meant to avoid noise from noisy electronics, not provide good dynamics.
Low impedance phones do have dynamics potential as do high impedance phones.

1. If high impedance phones avoid noise from noisy electronics (noise floor), they'll provide a better dynamics.
2. The potential of the low impedance is out there, like the RS1, or the GMP 8.35 D Studio, but the today standard is higher for a current flagship hps.

The K-812 will need to compete with the treble of the Sony Qualia 010, and the subass of the HD-800 for studio work. This task is the most hard to do in the dynamic hps word! 

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #160 of 990
1. If high impedance phones avoid noise from noisy electronics (noise floor), they'll provide a better dynamics.
2. The potential of the low impedance is out there, like the RS1, or the GMP 8.35 D Studio, but the today standard is higher for a current flagship hps.

The K-812 will need to compete with the treble of the Sony Qualia 010, and the subass of the HD-800 for studio work. This task is the most hard to do in the dynamic hps word! 

1. If a low impedance phone pairs with very quiet electronics, does the high imp phone retain its dynamics advantage?

2. Agree. Lets see how the k812 fares

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #161 of 990
Excellent sounding headphone even when driven directly from my phone. If I would find a description of the sound signature, it would be very unlike Hd800 and T1 perception of netural. Very much a TH900 with more tamed bass and excellent frontal depth.

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #162 of 990
Excellent sounding headphone even when driven directly from my phone. If I would find a description of the sound signature, it would be very unlike Hd800 and T1 perception of netural. Very much a TH900 with more tamed bass and excellent frontal depth.

Front depth - I like that. It's one of the hardest things for a headphone to do.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #163 of 990

Hmmm, Nomax also mentioned that they are rather in between HD800/T1 and TH900 than very close to HD800/T1...

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #164 of 990

^ Wait how much more tamed to be exact. Does sub regions go deep and low with some rumble or is it mostly fast punchy types??? Really hope that it is a great balance of just a slight touch of fast punchy mid bass with pretty deep subbass that has some rumble without bleeding into the rest of the sonic spectrum.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #165 of 990

^ Wait how much more tamed to be exact. Does sub regions go deep and low with some rumble or is it mostly fast punchy types??? Really hope that it is a great balance of just a slight touch of fast punchy mid bass with pretty deep subbass that has some rumble without bleeding into the rest of the sonic spectrum.

I hope there is no "punchy" bass going on with K812 Pro... That would be the exact opposite of very precise/analytical and neutral bass of HD800 with no hint of midbass emphasis. I hate midbass emphasis 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back