New ACS T1 Customs
Nov 23, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #61 of 118
not sure if there's been another review yet, but a very fast first response:

for music, i prefer the T2's.

As studio monitors or stage monitors, the t1's are very good - but for recorded music, they are too mids heavy for that application - for my tastes.

best
mc

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #62 of 118
Could you compare T1's to Shure E500's/SE530's if you have listened to them? Do they have a similar midrange?

Which one gives you more sound stage and details and which one has more clarity, T1 or T2?

And could you also tell what your music taste is?

Thank you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcygn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not sure if there's been another review yet, but a very fast first response:

for music, i prefer the T2's.

As studio monitors or stage monitors, the t1's are very good - but for recorded music, they are too mids heavy for that application - for my tastes.

best
mc

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #63 of 118
I've had a few messages, and the above post asking about comparisons of the ACS T1 and T2.

first, on shures:

i don't have any experience of the shure's so i can't offer advice there.

second on seal/fit for folks who have wondered about the fit of these, they are identical

If you've had any seal problems, go back to the person who did your moulds and ask them to check, and redo if necessary. There should be zero issues there. A new model won't make any difference to that.

Third, type of music.
on the T2's i've listened to mainly jazz and classical. With jazz in particular the T1's way over did the mids. For example, listening to dave brubek's Turk, the high hat was unbearably clear (to me), whereas with the classical/baroque music, mainly period instruments - it just felt like something was a bit off.

I have not really tried the comparison with t2/t1's with pop music. i know i enjoy the t2's with anything, and the main place the AKG's i have top them is in the impossible place for any iem's to go, which is the spacing/staging

I know i would wear the t1's as monitors without a question on stage, but i will check this week - do the comparison with some lossless files of pop over the x-can's as i did in the other classical/jazz comparison and let you know what i find.

compared to the other really detailed reviews on this site, this quick comment is pretty lame, i know. i apologize for the brevity.

i will also add that i have ordered many sets of IEM's with ACS. They are a fantastic company. Despite the fact that they have grown amazingly in the past couple years, the kind of attention to each customer, and commitment to customer service has remained the same: excellent. They're not happy unless you're happy.

best
mc

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #64 of 118
Thank you very much for your comments, I will be looking forward to your comparison with lossless files. One quick question, which ACS iem do you think has more soundstage, T1 or T2?

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #65 of 118
I too am extremely interested in a comparison (I've just ordered the T1s......hope I've not gone for the wrong ones!)

The main reason i went for t1s rather than t2s was the supposed wider, speaker-like soundstage and better bass. Can you confirm either of these?

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #66 of 118
I felt T1 provide greater headstage and soundstage. Give T1 some time and you will learn to love them.

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #67 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I felt T1 provide greater headstage and soundstage. Give T1 some time and you will learn to love them.

Well it's certainly a fatter sound, but i don't know if that's better or truer than the T2.

You can certainly turn the volume down a notch, too. that's nice. protect ears a little longer

But again for classical and jazz, the mids seem to be over dominant. It's great on stage to hear the thwam of the snare, but it's not the lead instrument in a dave brubek track.
In classical, nuances that were easily there in the T2's seemed to get swallowed by the T1.

Now for pop/rock, in going through a fast listening test here, from acid to folk, the vocals will pop out much more - so there i get this sense of sound stage, but again, at what cost to the definition of the sounds?

You may prefer this fatter, bigger sound - it certainly is there in the T1's - you may say 'ha, this is what i've been missing from my IEM's' but i'm not so sure. Going back and forth between them, i have not yet learned to "love" the T1's. For classical/jazz, don't think it's possible. For pop, to get that bigger sound, maybe. Not sure yet. It's rather astounding how much vocals shine through, though, so i understand the notion of greater "fullness" from the T1's, but i find that there's a cost in terms of definition from this. getting a midrange/3rd speaker to work brilliantly is notoriously tricky in speakers, so not surprised about IEM's being tricky.

This again isn't much of a review but if you put a gun to my head today and said "you must pick one" today i'd grab the t2's.

hope that helps a little. will do my best to answer questions.
mc

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #68 of 118
Thank you for the information you provided. From your comments, I understand that T2 gives more details compared to T1's, is that correct? It seems like T1s are too midrange heavy to get the details from the lows and highs. Is that it? I would like to get a lot of details from the music, like the performer breathing and tapping to the music and I also would like to be able to enjoy female vocals. The treble extension must be there without sibilance. I listen to jazz, some folk and pop and slow rock also. Do you think T2's will fit the bill better?

Thanks again.

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #69 of 118
Received my T1s late last week. Unfortunately they had to go straight back as the right earphone did not fit my ear let alone create a seal! It was about two thirds the size of the left ear. I had some blanks made by the audiologist that fitted great so I know that it wasn't due to bad impressions.

After complaining to ACS they got straight on the case. It appears that they were made by an inexperienced technician who basically messed up big time. They assured me that the lab manager was going to handle the remake himself. I'm a bit nervous about it all considering how expensive they are, however so far they have been helpful in dealing with the complaint.

I await the 2nd pair with baited breath :)

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #70 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my T1s late last week. Unfortunately they had to go straight back as the right earphone did not fit my ear let alone create a seal! It was about two thirds the size of the left ear. I had some blanks made by the audiologist that fitted great so I know that it wasn't due to bad impressions.

After complaining to ACS they got straight on the case. It appears that they were made by an inexperienced technician who basically messed up big time. They assured me that the lab manager was going to handle the remake himself. I'm a bit nervous about it all considering how expensive they are, however so far they have been helpful in dealing with the complaint.

I await the 2nd pair with baited breath :)

I'm really looking forward to your opinion
popcorn.gif

With my first IEM, the Shure SE110, the mid-range was accentuated and it left me feeling like it was a stage monitoring IEM. It was also unlistenable. I'd hate to spend 10x as much and get the same unenjoyable sound signature.. The T2 is very tempting, but I wonder how they compare to the Sennheiser IE8 and Westone 3 which are half the price..

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #71 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really looking forward to your opinion
popcorn.gif

With my first IEM, the Shure SE110, the mid-range was accentuated and it left me feeling like it was a stage monitoring IEM. It was also unlistenable. I'd hate to spend 10x as much and get the same unenjoyable sound signature.. The T2 is very tempting, but I wonder how they compare to the Sennheiser IE8 and Westone 3 which are half the price..

I would say it depends on your music preference and the genres of music you listen to. For me, the T2 leans more towards the etymotics er4 sound signature with slightly tighter and deeper bass, a much wider soundstage and better separation across the spectrum. It is in my opinion, by far, the clearest and most accurate IEM I've ever heard.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #72 of 118
In all honesty, I'm slightly underwhelmed by your impressions. I was really hoping for the T1 to have a much more "reference-like" sound signature. The T2, while incredible in its own right, still lacks the last 5-10% of accuracy, clarity (and might I say "neutrality") found in the best full-sized headphones, be it electrostatic or dynamic. Am I asking too much? Maybe I should listen less critically
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #75 of 118
HEllo all, I wonder if anyone who has the acs t1 (and I know few head-fiers do) could compare it with some custom and non-custom iems like the westone 3, ue10pro etc etc...
The price is attractive right now in Europe with the low pound, versus the price of th eue10pro for example but it is such a pity that so little is known about the acs t1/that so few head-fiers have it
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back