New ACS T1 Customs
Nov 2, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #31 of 118
Putting in the ACS T1 is very easy. I get used to it on the 3rd day. Putting on now takes me less than 1 mininute. Maybe partially due to the soft silicon material.

Bass to everyone taste is different.
Basically, I find that the sound is very natural.

Isolation - 9.5/10 ( very good ).

No comment on UE11Pro as I don't own one.

But if you listen to vocal, this should be one of the IEM you must audit.

Nov 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #32 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Putting in the ACS T1 is very easy. I get used to it on the 3rd day. Putting on now takes me less than 1 mininute. Maybe partially due to the soft silicon material.

Bass to everyone taste is different.
Basically, I find that the sound is very natural.

Isolation - 9.5/10 ( very good ).

No comment on UE11Pro as I don't own one.

But if you listen to vocal, this should be one of the IEM you must audit.

:0 one minute is damn long.

Nov 3, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #33 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:0 one minute is damn long.

x2 if it took me more than 10 seconds an ear i really wouldnt look forward to putting them in.

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #34 of 118
for me 5sec per ear...

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #35 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isolation on custom will be better than as universal, provided the ear impression is perfect in the 1st place. Having used almost every major universal iem out there (including um56), t1 isolation is unrivaled (Might be due to my open jaw impression). T1 bass is just nice for me. quantity wise, ue11 have it but quality, t1 take it. For me, if i need more bass or treble, i can achieve it by just switching cables.

About UE refitting, i'm sure it due to imperfect ear impression being done. There is more UE out there compare to ACS, therefore i'm not surprise there will be more post about such problem as compared to ACS.

IMO, your safest bet will be UE10p. You should still try out t1 still before you make the decision. My dad too, prefer tf10p to ue11 due to the ue11 bass. The only player that can do it for me with ue11 is clip.

ER4 with triple flanges isolates more than custom if goes deep into your ear canal.

I have tried both the custom UE10 and UE11. They both sounds very similar, with the ue10 having a little lesser bass quanitites and a little less colored sound signature compared to the ue11. Soundstage was smaller on the UE10 too. I wouldn't say that the ue10 have a flat/neutral sound signature.

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #36 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkkopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER4 with triple flanges isolates more than custom if goes deep into your ear canal.

I have tried both the custom UE10 and UE11. They both sounds very similar, with the ue10 having a little lesser bass quanitites and a little less colored sound signature compared to the ue11. Soundstage was smaller on the UE10 too. I wouldn't say that the ue10 have a flat/neutral sound signature.

thats odd because the general consensus is that the ue10 is about as flat as they come, i thought this also, i wasnt impressed too much with the ue10 bass but the rest was top notch, purely sublime, but certainly very boring due to the bass being too clean as it were without any conviction.

yet to even consider ue11 and will probly not consider it aswell.

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #37 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thats odd because the general consensus is that the ue10 is about as flat as they come, i thought this also, i wasnt impressed too much with the ue10 bass but the rest was top notch, purely sublime, but certainly very boring due to the bass being too clean as it were without any conviction.

yet to even consider ue11 and will probly not consider it aswell.

didn't get what you were saying here. we need more UE11 vs ACS T1 views around here. thanks theory for your help

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #38 of 118
Quote:

i used er4 with triple flanges before. it does not isolate as much as t1 and comfort level definitely not on par

Nov 4, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #39 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didn't get what you were saying here. we need more UE11 vs ACS T1 views around here. thanks theory for your help

We are lucky to be singaporean where there is SE to audition ACS products and Jaben for UE products. So you can make your correct judgement by audition the IEM

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #40 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are lucky to be singaporean where there is SE to audition ACS products and Jaben for UE products. So you can make your correct judgement by audition the IEM

athenaesword,

Since you are from Singapore, why don't you head down to either Jaben to audition the UE11 custom universal demo and SE to audition the ACS T1 as one of the people working there owns it?

It's better than waiting for reviews and different people have different perception on the same IEM.

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #41 of 118
Quote:

athenaesword,

Since you are from Singapore, why don't you head down to either Jaben to audition the UE11 custom universal demo and SE to audition the ACS T1 as one of the people working there owns it?

It's better than waiting for reviews and different people have different perception on the same IEM.

lol yeah I already mentioned I'd be going down when I can make the time to. I'm currently having uni exams though. will only end at the end of the month. For now all I can afford in terms of time is to indulge in the comments left here by fellow members...

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #42 of 118
Congratulations to those who have made the plunge! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

I've always used this test if I have any doubts about seal quality:
Audio Seal Test

As for taking ages to put on the IEMs. With time and practice, this will be a non-issue. It takes me about 5s per side nowadays, as opposed to the silly fumbling around for a minute or two when I first received the IEMs.

Lastly, I apologise for for my full inbox and recent inactivity on the forums. I have been browsing the forum, but my studies have been very stressful and tiring lately, so much so that my interest in everything non-medical has pretty much dipped. With impending exams, I will remain relatively quiet but hope to become more active soon after those are done with. My Head-Fi subscription has also run out but due to certain Paypal issues, I am unable to update it just now. Please contact via email instead.

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #43 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations to those who have made the plunge! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

Audio Seal Test

As for taking ages to put on the IEMs. With time and practice, this will be a non-issue. It takes me about 5s per side nowadays, as opposed to the silly fumbling around for a minute or two when I first received the IEMs.

Lastly, I apologise for for my full inbox and recent inactivity on the forums. I have been browsing the forum, but my studies have been very stressful and tiring lately, so much so that my interest in everything non-medical has pretty much dipped. With impending exams, I will remain relatively quiet but hope to become more active soon after those are done with. My Head-Fi subscription has also run out but due to certain Paypal issues, I am unable to update it just now. Please contact via email instead.

hi bro, i have long been looking at ACS due to your review earlier on both here and headphonehaven. hope to see you back soon after your studies. Cheers

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #44 of 118
Still no comparison between T1 and the great ue customs so far.....tsk...tsk

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #45 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Seal Test

Is there any other way ? Looked a quite complicated.

Basically you should not be able to hear any sound outside with no music playing ? Is that consider your IEM is done correctly ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back