MyST 1866 Bluetooth, Optical, Coaxial, USB DAC/headphone amp impressions thread
Jan 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #31 of 67
With the stock iPhone app as long as you maintain pretty much the same distance it plays flawlessly. Huge upgrade on stock sound.

as for cable it is quite a unique cable you need. MyST sell it for $40. It's a great quality cable and worth getting to ooze the best out of this. Roman makes sure people buy that as pretty much needed!

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #32 of 67
Thanks for tip!
I will contact Dimitri about this cable or is there another website for this specific cable?  I'm assuming Roman is the maker and Dimitri the only resller or distributor.

Quote:
With the stock iPhone app as long as you maintain pretty much the same distance it plays flawlessly. Huge upgrade on stock sound.

as for cable it is quite a unique cable you need. MyST sell it for $40. It's a great quality cable and worth getting to ooze the best out of this. Roman makes sure people buy that as pretty much needed!

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #34 of 67
Dimitri owns Music Acoustics who resale MySt stuff. Roman makes the stuff and co owns MyCroft the shop you just found and yes, that is the cable!

I will sort you out getting one if you want tomorrow, get you contact with Roman if not already!

I would just like to say, anyone wants help getting a 1866, let me know!

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #35 of 67
That would be great if you can mediate the transaction because the online store isn't working for me.  It's a little buggy.

I did send messages to both Dimitri and Roman this morning.

Quote:
Dimitri owns Music Acoustics who resale MySt stuff. Roman makes the stuff and co owns MyCroft the shop you just found and yes, that is the cable!

I will sort you out getting one if you want tomorrow, get you contact with Roman if not already!

I would just like to say, anyone wants help getting a 1866, let me know!

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #36 of 67
I recently got Myst PortaDAC 1866. I hooked(BTed) it up with my iPhone5 via Bluetooth.
That BT setup sounded very good that is beyond my expectation. Myst delivers wide sound stage and good bass impact. Thanks to multibit DAC 1866, Myst sounded so sweet and highs and mids are smooth and crisp.
I also hooked it up with AK100 to see how optical quality goes. The sound is now even better as expected. The details are more refined via wired optical setup. However I like BT setup with iPhone. Wireless amp setup is very convenient. I use them easy even in infamous Japanese crowded train. I play iPhone in my hand and Myst just sits inside in my bag.

I also found some transmission lost issue on playback via BT. But I found it is the sake of iPhone rather. When I covered BT antenna which is located upper left back(under the glass plate) with my hand, BT frequently lost transmission. BT transmission may lost by other reasons too but not so frequently and I can live with it.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #37 of 67
I definitely agree about the BT sound quality.  I know audiophiles hate BT but it's quite good.  The strength of the 1866 BT antenna is known not be that great and the next design it will be much better.  Optical quality is also very good.  I use the HifiMeDIY as a USB-to-Optical converter.  Optical allows for 24/96 input whereas USB is 16/44.  
http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83  

Quote:
I recently got Myst PortaDAC 1866. I hooked(BTed) it up with my iPhone5 via Bluetooth.
That BT setup sounded very good that is beyond my expectation. Myst delivers wide sound stage and good bass impact. Thanks to multibit DAC 1866, Myst sounded so sweet and highs and mids are smooth and crisp.
I also hooked it up with AK100 to see how optical quality goes. The sound is now even better as expected. The details are more refined via wired optical setup. However I like BT setup with iPhone. Wireless amp setup is very convenient. I use them easy even in infamous Japanese crowded train. I play iPhone in my hand and Myst just sits inside in my bag.  

I also found some transmission lost issue on playback via BT. But I found it is the sake of iPhone rather. When I covered BT antenna which is located upper left back(under the glass plate) with my hand, BT frequently lost transmission. BT transmission may lost by other reasons too but not so frequently and I can live with it.

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #40 of 67
where can I buy this? dont see any google hits for shopping?

is the volume analog or digital?

finally shigzeo what do you think about line out to a vorzuge pure II for IEMs?

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #41 of 67
  where can I buy this? dont see any google hits for shopping?

is the volume analog or digital?

finally shigzeo what do you think about line out to a vorzuge pure II for IEMs?

You can PM @DimitriTrush of Musica Acoustics, or @Spanish  for direction on how to pick up the Myst 1866.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #44 of 67
I noticed some people say that the highs are rolled off due to filter. I use to own a hm 602 and I thought that the highs were too cut off is it similar with this dac/amp

1866 highs really sounds little rolled off, when compared to common delta-sigma DACs, but I'd rather say that they are not really "incorrect", but simply 1866 plays them in different manner.
They are less bright, but nevertheless detailed and lively. This makes many records I had less fatiguing and more pleasant. But of course, it all depends on your personal taste.

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #45 of 67
1866 highs really sounds little rolled off, when compared to common delta-sigma DACs, but I'd rather say that they are not really "incorrect", but simply 1866 plays them in different manner.
They are less bright, but nevertheless detailed and lively. This makes many records I had less fatiguing and more pleasant. But of course, it all depends on your personal taste.

So would you day the highs are similar to the hm 602?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back